As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2018 [Hotel] Partners and Discussion

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    got my confirmation email from revere hotel this morning....super stoked now

• tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    I sent YOTEL an email and they said they should have all the info by March 30th.

just got 2 emails from revere hotel staying "Oops, did something go wrong with your order?" and to call them or book directly through there website.i did cancel one time but then booked again a few weeks later but that doesnt explain why i got 2 emails instead of just the 1.i did end up emailing them and hopefully things get sorted out,if not ill give them a call tomarrow.

• rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    Just got my confirmation email from the element

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    rpgamer246 wrote: »
    same. calling to see if I can have my single turned to a double
    Edit: I was successfully able to do so. You'll want to speak to in house reservations or a front desk associate. YMMV due to availability.

craiola on
    DXLJjjr.png
  • mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I got my confirmations from aloft. They made every night and every room its own reservation. Looking at 42 plus reservation numbers.... like wha?

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• tbone2177tbone2177 Registered User regular
    how are you guys getting released hotels in the seaports area? Are you refreshing the hotel page? Calling the hotel directly? Just curious.

tbone2177 wrote: »
    how are you guys getting released hotels in the seaports area? Are you refreshing the hotel page? Calling the hotel directly? Just curious.

so since hotels are now closing up, you would probably have to call the hotels directly at this point.

DXLJjjr.png
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I know one opened yesterday because I unfortunately had to cancel my trip this year... and I checked and saw it pop up on the onpeak page yesterday. It was the Seaport itself.

v6h3hfs2v597.png

Im not getting a released hotels. The hotels I had already booked have been sent from on peak to the actual hotel and I am getting actual reservation numbers from them. Although, the hotel cannot edit the reservation yet. I was told onpeak still had control over them. Idk.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

mayapple wrote: »

Im not getting a released hotels. The hotels I had already booked have been sent from on peak to the actual hotel and I am getting actual reservation numbers from them. Although, the hotel cannot edit the reservation yet. I was told onpeak still had control over them. Idk.

would that explain why i cant view my reservation on the hotel website yet?i got a email with the reservation email and such but when i enter it in the hotel website it says invalid number or somthing.

mayapple wrote: »

would that explain why i cant view my reservation on the hotel website yet?i got a email with the reservation email and such but when i enter it in the hotel website it says invalid number or something.

Probably. Like for the element, it says "there is a complicated rate system speak with a customer care member" etc. I was talking to the aloft earlier. They were the ones who said they could not modify or cancel any reservations.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• falknessfalkness Registered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    Edit: I was successfully able to do so. You'll want to speak to in house reservations or a front desk associate. YMMV due to availability.

I called to get my double turned into a single and they said there were none available?

• lauren0rzlauren0rz Registered User regular
    falkness wrote: »

I called to get my double turned into a single and they said there were none available?

Interesting... I booked a single bed and got a hotel confirmation for 2 beds :? we've never had an issue getting a single bed room since doubles are usually so in demand... did they reverse what everyone put in for or what?

qtjvjrS.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Fyi just released a westin 2-bed for Friday and Saturday nights.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017

As I said, your mileage may vary and they may be all out at this point:(

DXLJjjr.png
  • unfununfun Registered User regular

Sent you a message. Trying to do the opposite so maybe they can switch us.

Yea was hoping for The element king with pullout couch but got screwed with standard king. Kinda freaking out cause we have 4 people in the room.

• NintendoFanGirlNintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    unfun wrote: »
    Yea was hoping for The element king with pullout couch but got screwed with standard king. Kinda freaking out cause we have 4 people in the room.

Are you sure about that? I think all of the 'standard king' rooms at the Element have a pullout sofa.

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    FYI - I just called OnPeak to make a modification to my reservation. They have already sent a preliminary list of reservations off to the hotels, but they won’t be sending their final lists until 3/26.

faPgNTD
  • NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular

Are you sure about that? I think all of the 'standard king' rooms at the Element have a pullout sofa.

Edit: ignore this. Posted on the wrong account AND with bad info.

Did you book for Quad occupancy with OnPeak? I would keep calling the Element back daily and tell them each time that you have 4 people and need a room to accommodate all 4.

S2ieAvx.png
    NFG wrote: »

Edit: ignore this. Posted on the wrong account AND with bad info.

Did you book for Quad occupancy with OnPeak? I would keep calling the Element back daily and tell them each time that you have 4 people and need a room to accommodate all 4.

Nah I don't think I chose quad occupancy. I've called a few times and they say they have nothing available to switch it too.

FYI - I just called OnPeak to make a modification to my reservation. They have already sent a preliminary list of reservations off to the hotels, but they won’t be sending their final lists until 3/26.

Was onpeak able to make a change?

edited March 2018

Was onpeak able to make a change?

Yes - sorry if I was unclear. You can make modifications up until they send their final list on the 26th.

imnotalawyer on
    faPgNTD
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Anyone get confirmation from Westin yet?

*Edit*
    Was able to manually look up my reservation on their website and had them send one. All set!

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    For those staying at the YOTEL, download their app! I used the same email I used for OnPeak and my reservation is showing up with a confirmation number.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hmm.. debating changing my reservation with some of the open hotels close by.... Normally I do the same hotel every year, and I know exactly what to do (which subway to take, which stops etc).

If I am arriving by Amtrak at North Station... what is the subway path to get to the Element hotel? One year I had to take a bus and the silver line was some weird trolly thing and I freaked out a bit not understanding where to go, unlike my normal path its along the green line which is all super easy.

edit: Im looking at the transport map here https://cdn.mbtace.com/sites/default/files/maps/Rapid_Transit_Map.pdf im seeing lots of line changes and me getting confused on which stops and which train to take lol

yutani san on
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »
    Hmm.. debating changing my reservation with some of the open hotels close by.... Normally I do the same hotel every year, and I know exactly what to do (which subway to take, which stops etc).

If I am arriving by Amtrak at North Station... what is the subway path to get to the Element hotel? One year I had to take a bus and the silver line was some weird trolly thing and I freaked out a bit not understanding where to go, unlike my normal path its along the green line which is all super easy.

edit: Im looking at the transport map here https://cdn.mbtace.com/sites/default/files/maps/Rapid_Transit_Map.pdf im seeing lots of line changes and me getting confused on which stops and which train to take lol

From North Station, take the Orange to Downtown Crossing, switch to the Red Line, one stop to South Station, switch to Silver Line 1 or 2 to the World Trade center stop.

• invalidjesterinvalidjester Registered User new member
    Have a thu-sat 1 bed at the westin, looking for a 2 bed if anyone is looking to swap.

• markrighteousmarkrighteous Registered User new member
    edited March 2018
    -delete-

markrighteous on
  • Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    Confirmed - Westin has reservations transferred over from onPeak - just got mine validated with a phone call. If you added your SPG rewards number to reso you should be able to see it on the SPG site as well.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

Jer1ch0 wrote: »
    Confirmed - Westin has reservations transferred over from onPeak - just got mine validated with a phone call. If you added your SPG rewards number to reso you should be able to see it on the SPG site as well.

Anyone know if there's a way to add SPG to onpeak after a reservation is made? Apparently I goofed up there, and my last name lookup isn't working either (special characters in names break everything).

S2ieAvx.png
  • Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular

Anyone know if there's a way to add SPG to onpeak after a reservation is made? Apparently I goofed up there, and my last name lookup isn't working either (special characters in names break everything).

Just call the hotel directly - they can add it to your reservation (I had to do that) - Or call OnPeak if they haven't transferred the reso yet.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

That’s what I called OnPeak about yesterday. Apparently they have already sent a “preliminary” list to the Westin, but they will be sending a “final” list out on Monday. Just give them a call, provide them with your OnPeak ID #, and then they’ll be able to add your SPG# to the reservation.

Speaking of SPG... I have finally qualified for Gold status. Does anyone have any experience with this at the Westin during PAX? I have to imagine upgrade availability will be non-existent.

faPgNTD
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Speaking of SPG... I have finally qualified for Gold status. Does anyone have any experience with this at the Westin during PAX? I have to imagine upgrade availability will be non-existent.

Yes. Was Platinum multiple years staying at the westin, upgrades were nonexistent. Think the PA people snag most of the upgrade rooms.

That’s what I called OnPeak about yesterday. Apparently they have already sent a “preliminary” list to the Westin, but they will be sending a “final” list out on Monday. Just give them a call, provide them with your OnPeak ID #, and then they’ll be able to add your SPG# to the reservation.

Slight update on adding my SPG points; I was feeling particularly lazy and antisocial yesterday so I just shot OnPeak an email with my info and they added my SPG account to my existing reservation that way as well. :)

S2ieAvx.png
  • sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    did anyone who booked the Reinassance get a confirmation from them yet?

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Took it upon myself to call the Westin and confirm my reservation. She said the Onpeak ID means nothing to them ("We can't see third party systems like that."), but was able to look it up by name. Locked and ready to go for next week.

A question for past Westin attendees: They keep the sky bridge closed until after the show begins, correct?

erdub14zr3u2.png

• PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    Took it upon myself to call the Westin and confirm my reservation. She said the Onpeak ID means nothing to them ("We can't see third party systems like that."), but was able to look it up by name. Locked and ready to go for next week.

A question for past Westin attendees: They keep the sky bridge closed until after the show begins, correct?

It's closed until 10:30am usually

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    MephistoN7 wrote: »

It's closed until 10:30am usually

That's what I figured, and makes sense.

erdub14zr3u2.png