As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have been playing Ultra moon at lunch at work but I have been trying to get a certain nature in a Salandit
    I was told Timid was the one to get? I am not really meta gaming it or doing beardy things but I wasted a good chunk of the last two days trying to get one

Timid gives a speed bonus and attack penalty. Modest (+SpA, -Atk) is also good. Near the end of the second island there is a sidequest that can get you some Ditto, one of which will be Timid. Put an Everstone on it and breed a female Salandit if you can't find one yourself.

Nature really isn't a big deal for the story though, so I wouldn't bother.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Anybody have a spare Hidden Ability Magikarp lying around? I've got a Hidden Ability Tyrunt I can give in return.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    My Canadian Pokémon went viral again today so I made some new evolutions to celebrate.

o09q6hl00qgz.jpg

9vsfa4zdxf4o.jpg

• Options
    Hey, would anyone mind helping me evolve my Slowking? It's the last thing I need to complete my Melemele Island Dex.

FC is 2766-8073-5014

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Oh what, to get the Regigigas/Heatran for March you needed to be signed up to the Pokemon Newsletter? Dang.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Oh what, to get the Regigigas/Heatran for March you needed to be signed up to the Pokemon Newsletter? Dang.

Sigh

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    There's a pokebank event going on right now so you can get Hidden Ability Alolan starters. Does anyone need one of those?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    There's a pokebank event going on right now so you can get Hidden Ability Alolan starters. Does anyone need one of those?

Fuckin' FINALLY

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind a Popplio since I got Rowlet on Moon and Litten on Ultra Sun. Anything specific I need to do?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Neat.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a Popplio since I got Rowlet on Moon and Litten on Ultra Sun. Anything specific I need to do?
    Hidden Ability Alolan Starters
    Release Dates:
    All: March 9th 2018 - ??

Compatible Games:
    Pokémon Sun & Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Gift:
    Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina

Method:
    If you access Pokémon Bank during the allotted time, you will gain access to the Alolan Starter Pokémon, each with their Hidden Abilities.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    @Owenashi if you don't have the pokebank, I'll breed one for you. Let me know :)

signature.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Are the hidden abilities for the Alolan Starters good? I remember Feraligatr's being pretty bananas

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Are the hidden abilities for the Alolan Starters good? I remember Feraligatr's being pretty bananas

Incineroar gets Intimidate, which needs no explanation
    Decidueye gets a unique ability that lets them use contact moves without activating any contact-based effects. Not sure if that's better competitively than Overgrowth but it's super interesting.
    Primarina gets a unique ability that turns sound-based moves into Water type moves, which I'm not sure I see the point in since they already have a signature move that's basically a water Hyper Voice

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Hyper Voice ignores substitute

• Options
    Oh right, duh

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Would anyone mind helping me evolve my Slowking and Milotic? I could provide you with a HA Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio as thanks.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    @Owenashi if you don't have the pokebank, I'll breed one for you. Let me know :)

Cool, thanks. :)

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    About the title, did they give away codes in the newsletter?

I got Heatran just from checking Internet Mystery Gift, no code needed

I don't see any codes in the February newsletter, and I don't seem to have gotten a mail for March yet

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    magcargo carrying the entire team on its back

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-715703426

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Hyper Voice ignores substitute

So does Sparkling Aria, though. All sound moves do that. I think the only difference is that Hyper Voice won't cure a burned enemy.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Sparkling Aria also hits your ally.

• Options
    Apropos nothing, I wonder if "choose four" would work as a format for singles

"Choose three" showcases so little of your team and you risk losing the game already at team selection, while "use all six" doesn't allow for any tactics between games apart from choosing your lead

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Use all six singles with no preview is still my favorite format. AKA, the one were you can actually use Zoroark.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    About the title, did they give away codes in the newsletter?

I got Heatran just from checking Internet Mystery Gift, no code needed

I don't see any codes in the February newsletter, and I don't seem to have gotten a mail for March yet

Are you in Europe? It's being distributed just by Wifi there.

The newsletter thing is North America. I just got my e-mail this morning.

signature.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Did anybody get one of the GSC virtual console ports? I want to try out the trading system.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Anyone still need trade evolution help? I need to get a Seadra to a Kingdra and would be happy to trade evo in return!

FC is 2895-7669-6930

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Did anybody get one of the GSC virtual console ports? I want to try out the trading system.

Multiplayer on the virtual console games is local only, you'd have to be in the same room as someone to trade with them.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Well dang. Thought i read that they patched in online trades. Oh well!

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    They patched in Bank compatibility, that might be what you were thinking of.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    God the current voices of James and Meowth are so jarring. Jesse probably sounds closest to what I remember.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    came down to a freeze

hax, or calculated?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-729311252

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    came down to a freeze

hax, or calculated?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-729311252

If it was a hex you'd have known because of the extra damage

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Imo pokemon go is really good now, worth checking out as weather improves

• Options
    Imo pokemon go is really good now, worth checking out as weather improves

Incidentally, does it do anything with weather? Like different Pokemon becoming common if it's raining or snowing?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yes

The coolest new thing is research quests

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I started watching TFS's Platinum Nuzlocke, which got me in the mood to start one. I've been very wary of my incredible luck so far, having just done the Valley Windworks:

Volfred the Grotle, 19 (from Pyre)
    Allura the Luxio, 15 (from Thundercats)
    Cass the Staravia, 16 (female version of Kass from BotW)
    Aethon the Ponyta, 13 (horse of Helios)
    Fontaine the Shellos, 10 (from Bioshock)
    Felix the Geodude, 6 (from Golden Sun)

I've had two losses so far (random Bidoof crit killed Glomgold the Psyduck, and I tossed Gil the Magikarp at an accidentally suped-up Bide) and had one Route tossed in the trash because of goddamn Abra, but I just know there's gonna be a bloodbath at some point soon to balance out having Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Ground, and Flying before the second Gym, especially since I've heard that Platinum is the hardest game to Nuzlocke.

Edit: oh. oh, they are not having a fun time in Eterna City. Nope, not at all.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    New event in Go has made all the rare first gen pokes more common, and you get double candy for everything

Finally getting the final evolutions for stuff

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This is old news, but it's my first time seeing it, so:

A TCG artist made artwork for MissingNo and its forms

I've always been against making MissingNo a real Pokemon and I am officially changing my mind, that looks rad

This discussion has been closed.