As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've got to slow down, in the [Terrace House]

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I super fell off Aloha State but I'm BACK IN FOR THE NEW SEASON.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    thoughts after season 1
    Shion and Tsubasa is my one true pair.

Ami is utterly awful. Joyless. TV poison.

Yuudai is embarrassing to watch and even his mum and friends are sick of his shit.

pipe run a destiny raid with Meg and I so we can talk about terrace house

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    aw man I haven't booted Destiny up since maybe the last time I played with you guys

having a baby is putting a real cramp on my video games

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    "I'm real picky about my hot pot"

*puts a pack of hot dogs into pot*

EDIT: This bit with the stuffed bears...

metaghost on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I miss the old theme song.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    We’re not slowing down anymore?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    My part 1 rankings
    1) Tsubasa
    2) Shion
    3) Takayuki
    4) Ami
    5) Mizuki
    6) Yuudai

• Options
    I’m only part way through the first ep but so far I like this cast. They seem like they’ll get along, which is an improvement over half the last cast.

• Options
    Shion looks like his dad was Michael Cera.

• Options
    Hot(dog) pot lol!

Still more effort put into the first meal on this show than the entirety of the last season. And everyone helped!

This cast owns.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I'm amused that every time one of the guys wants to exit awkward situations, they announce they have to pee

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I’ve still got one ep to go but I can do rankings anyway!
    1. Shion- would have been tsubasa, but the look he gives her when Yuudai asks why they don’t go to the coed hot springs got the biggest laugh of the show from me. Seems to be the most mature person on the show despite being like 9 years younger than the oldest person, and also just good in general.
    2. Tsubasa- rules. Just awesome. Super nice, adorable, and a badass. They need more girls like her on the show.
    3. Ami- she’s young and making some mistakes while she tries to figure herself out, but she is the source of interesting drama at the moment while still seeming alright. I don’t like that she’s so quick to just shut out all contact with Yuudai considering they still have to live together and socialize, but also fuck Yuudai.
    4. Takayuki- laid back, nice. Not always the best advice (80%? Really?) but I like him. Will be a little creepy if he and Ami end up dating due to the age difference but both of them seem aware of what they’d be getting into if they give it a shot and are hesitating because of it, which at least makes it more reasonable.
    5. Mizuki- she’s nice but she’s just kinda there.
    Hell’s Traschan. Yuudai - this kid acts like a spoiled, selfish child and does fucking nothing. Is awful to Ami. A lot of the worst qualities of the younger cast members of previous seasons rolled into one.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    15 minutes into the first episode and 5/6 housemates have arrived, but I don't see how the hockey player isn't going to be my fave

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

Or Paul Dano. I'm noooot seeing how he's a model yet, but I'll have to see a photo shoot I guess.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh goooooooood
    I'm not even done the first episode and Yuudai is intolerable

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    oh goooooooood
    I'm not even done the first episode and Yuudai is intolerable
    Later ep spoilers
    Dont hold out hope for self improvement because lol.

I had hoped he would just be a dumb kid who would use this as a learning experience but he gets actively worse as the season goes on.

• Options
    Septus wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

Or Paul Dano. I'm noooot seeing how he's a model yet, but I'll have to see a photo shoot I guess.

I'm not sure I'm one to judge who can be perceived as "a model", but I think it's safe to say I don't understand Japanese fashion trends in the slightest, so my perception is that none of these people dress in a way that I would describe as flattering.

The best dressed so far was Ami's friend with the eye patch.

• Options
    Shion's not fooling me, that's two children in a long coat

• Options
    I can't tell if the commentators actually know what a yurt is.

Also: what is "crazy salt"? Like... Old Bay or something?

• Options
    Episode 3
    Shion getting everyone to talk about their dreams was like a more supportive Tap

And then when he asked Ami if she wanted to talk alone and it turned out he wanted to give her career advice? He might even be good enough for Tsubasa

• Options
    Next important question: best shirt?
    Shion’s UNEMPLOYED hoodie or Tsubasa’s SUPREME COURT JUSTICE shirt?

Also I am watching the last ep
    Yuudai’s lunch with his ex just took him from hell’s trash can into deeper hell’s septic tank

• Options
    Just finished Part 1 and by Episode 8 I could no longer watch any scene with Yuudai out of sheer discomfort.

That said, I wonder how often Yuudai and his friends watch The Lost Boys.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I wasn't expecting Yudai's screen time to be more uncomfortable than Cherie's drunken tirade, but boy did he get there. I think the application his grandma did must have been "Please save my grandson, he's a disaster."

Artereis on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting Yudai's screen time to be more uncomfortable than Cherie's drunken tirade, but boy did he get there. I think the application his grandma did must have been "Please save my grandson, he's a disaster."

That bit where he wants a girlfriend who will do everything for him

Just, dude, no

• Options
    Especially interesting considering his "I want to be independent" wish.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I was reading folks opinions of this season on Reddit and apparently a lot of people think Yudai might be on the spectrum

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    The free access to his dad’s credit card to buy brand name clothing is likely a bigger tipoff to his problems. He’s a super spoiled kid adjusting to life away from his family and failing horribly at it. It didn’t click for me just how extravagant his spending is as a part time dishwasher/dropout until Mizuki brought it up, and then I couldn’t help but notice how much expensive shit he is always wearing.

• Options
    also I am super not comfortable with armchair diagnosis of something like that

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Give Mizuki all the beers

• Options
    I am not remotely surprised that may brief time perusing the Terrace House reddit revealed a great number of Yuudai-defenders.

Post Part 1 spoiler —
    His exit interview is a bounty of defensive blather about learning a lot from his big bro Taka, how Shion is hella nosy, and that geez we all just live life our own way ok?

• Options
    I loved Mizuki's hamstringing of him when she was drunk.

• Options
    In early episodes I was willing to cut him some slack because he’s a dumb kid right out of high school. If he had taken the cast’s advice to heart and shown some improvement he could’ve been awesome. Instead, we got what we got.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Yuudai is the worst, that conversation with him and his ex and then with his buddies afterwards where he bs'ed the entire earlier conversation he'd had... just showed that he's learned nothing and doesn't want to learn anything. He just wants someone to take care of him and his whims.

Felt bad for Mizuki and the situation with her ex. All that pining and hopefulness, but also realising logically that there is nothing there.

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    Opening New Doors, first part
    Wow, Yuudai. He pretends to listen and talks like he wants to improve himself, but by the end of part 1 you can tell there's just no saving him. His mother knows it, his ex knows it, his friends know it, and now his housemates know it. It's really sad and somewhat infuriating to see someone reject all attempts to help him become a tolerable person as "just different values." Yeah, different values like not being self-absorbed and inconsiderate? It's so weird to think of everybody in your life telling you the same things and still just brushing it off as a difference in personal style.

There have been some troublesome members on the show before, but I don't think I've ever hoped to see someone leave ASAP like I have with Yuudai.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Ha ha, Kentaro bags on Aloha State in one of the episodes, "They were barely human."

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Give Mizuki all the beers

This is incredible

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I've been watching the first season which never got a release outside Japan

Boys and Girls Next Door.
    It went for 2 solid years.

I just got up to the part where Daiki, a housemate who has been in the house 11 months finally leaves. He now owns the kickboxing gym that Arman and Arisa go to in B&G in the C and has a conversation with Arman when he first shows up there.

He's one of the finest humans I've ever watched on television. 100% first class best boy.

#pipe on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I have a more intense hope for the happiness of Tsubasa than for a lot of people in my real, actual life

• Options
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I just finished the first series last night (took a little over two weeks) and I will probably be starting Aloha State instead of finishing Jessica Jones S2 which I started before Terrace House

I had a crush on almost every girl, including iPad girl (I know her name is Triendl, but being eternally on iPad duty is hilarious)

Almost every guy was very cool, everyone was so attractive and trendy it was painful and they all had such cool jobs and the food was great and it makes me want to date more?

Glasses guy was hilarious
    The Riko/Hayato twist happening so close to the series finale stretches the believability that this is unscripted, as that timing was bonkers. But I really loved that something big happened by them consciously avoiding cameras, it's a neat idea

Anyway, I hope Arman shows up in Aloha State