As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DOOMED! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Playing the first game before starting Bayonetta 2 is paying off so much for me. The improvements feel as if I had been running with lead weights attached and they're off now. The responsiveness of attacks, dodges, and just movement in general is much much better than 1. It's not just the mechanics and responsiveness of controls though, I'm not sure if it's because of the shift from 1 to 2 or the fact that I'm playing on a handheld screen after playing through all of 1 on a TV (prolly both) but the game (2) looks so damn good it's rediculous. I've also just now figured out that you can adjust the cameras distance from bayo in the options menu and setting it further back has helped a lot with deciphering whats happening on screen.

To anyone who buys both games for the first time, do yourself a favor and play Bayo 1 first, then go into 2. You won't regret it.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know I was waiting on some free cap room so I can download it just my brother upgraded his computer and other things happened
    It sucks only having a 300G cap

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Does Kirby Star Allies have online multiplayer?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    YggiDee wrote: »
    Okay Rex just agreed to do a job for the Nopon Mob Chairman without knowing what it is, he's a dingus.

I hope this Bana is also involved in an international drug smuggling ring like XB1 Bana, that was the best quest line in the whole game.

I will stop liveblogging now, resume your business.

If someone offered me a ton of money for a job, I might jump the gun in accepting. Though it's weird in NG+ when I'm carrying 10 million gold on me.

As for Bana:
    He's not involved in drug smuggling, but he's involved in equally shady business, so look forward to that.
    There IS a drug smuggling ring in this game as a part of Godfrey's quest.
    Maz- wrote: »
    The Japanese dub of XC2 is excellent.

Except for Azurda, who's physically painful to listen to.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    @GMaster7 well just let me know~

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Kirby is a big letdown. Not half as imaginative in the level design as the two recent 3DS games, and having multiple AI partners around is a cluttered mess.

Not to mention just four worlds. So it’s pretty short.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Kirby is a big letdown. Not half as imaginative in the level design as the two recent 3DS games, and having multiple AI partners around is a cluttered mess.

Playing through it myself now. I definitely agree about the AI partners, powering up abilities is a crapshoot and having them decide to kill everything on the screen if you leave them alone for a few seconds is really annoying. It kind of feels like the game was designed mostly for multiplayer.

The minigames that are open from the start also really suck.

It did get me thinking about a theory that I had about the nature of Popstar:

Popstar isn't a single continuous world, but is instead a network of pocket dimensions, with the doorways that you see in the games being the primary way to travel between adjacent dimensions. While the dimensions themselves are walled off from each other beyond the doors, their skies aren't, and traveling high enough will cause you to exit the dimension into space, at which point Popstar as a whole takes on a yellow star appearance. Closing in on any part of the star will result in entering the nearest pocket dimension. Warp stars thus serve as a rapid means of travel by flinging you outside of Popstar and then back in somewhere else, letting you bypass the need to make direct connections. Anything that can fly high enough (like the Halberd) can exploit this as well, and sufficiently giant objects can extend through both the interior and exterior of Popstar.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I don't
    Well I have my backup Switch running 5.0 connected via the melopow adapter (basically the same thing as the FASTSNAIL dock). So if the update really is bricking Switches using 3rd party adapters I'll know soon.

edit: I'm also seeing early reports of people claiming the same exact issues despite using the official dock. Just like with the other thing these are just very early reports for now.

edit2:A user emailed NL and told them that a 3rd party dock made his Switch stop working with all docks after the 5.0 update. Not only that but a commenter in the Nintendo Life articles comments section had the same issue despite using the official dock and mentioned that Nintendo told him that the update might be responsible for it:
    31redd2145 hours ago
    I had the same issue as invictus4000. After updating to 5.0 one of our switches will no longer go into TV mode, this is with the official dock. Unlike invictus4000 however Nintendo offered to do the repair for free and said the issue may have been caused by the update. I'm weary of sending it in since they can't guarantee my save data will be intact, which is beyond ridiculous by the way.

Source.

Again it's just 2 users that I've found reporting this right now with no confirmation, so grain of salt all around. Either way if this truly is a widespread issue we should be hearing from many more official dock users over the coming days.

Nintendo: "We're happy to announce we've found a way to significantly curtail piracy on the Nintendo Switch. However..."

As for Shovel Knight in Smash, how big is he in Japan? Not necessarily a determining factor (see Mac, Little), but...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    How big is shantae, who launched on the gbc

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    I'm mostly enjoying Kirby. Bit of an impulse buy, but i'm OK with something more relaxing, and there's some good level design.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, the new kirby is great imo. I mean it's kirby, so I feel like we know what we're going to get everytime. It's a great game to work on while I take some much needed breaks from Celeste. I mostly got it for my 5 year old who loves Kirby, but I created a file as well and I'm enjoying it. Honestly, if it was just for me I probably would have waited for some kind of discount though.

I'm putting myself on a game buying freeze for now though. I have more than enough to play on the switch. Next game I buy will most likely be octopath.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    This is the first Kirby game in this style I've played. I loved Epic Yarn, I really enjoy this.
    The fakeout Credits screen after the Dedede fight is pretty funny.

edzepp on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Anyone know if the HD rumble in the switch controller is used in the PC version of skyrim special edition?

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Everyone's talking Shovel Knight, and here's me thinking that Cranky Kong also can do the pogo stick bounce thing

And Scrooge McDuck

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Everyone's talking Shovel Knight, and here's me thinking that Cranky Kong also can do the pogo stick bounce thing

And Scrooge McDuck

And Link.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Anyone know if the HD rumble in the switch controller is used in the PC version of skyrim special edition?

No not at all, it's Switch exclusive. All the forms of motion control like aim assist, and the little rumble clicks while lockpicking aren't in any other version. Most people agree that it makes lockpicking really easy.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Alright, which one of you do I blame for not knowing about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goMixt-6fEs

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    That black circle on the analog stick, the fate of all 3DS.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018

Have you tried being 6?

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I’m comparing the game to the two recent Kirby games for the 3DS.

The standard I’m holding it to is that of two other kirby games that were both great, and compared to them Star Allies feels completely half assed.

• Options
    akjak wrote: »

Have you tried being 6?

I have! Once, for about a year. It was ok.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I’m holding out hope for DLC stages for Kirby.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I'm starting to wonder if there Is an issue with the update and charging in general. At work today I've tried charging my Switch with a micro USB cord using a little USB-C adapter and with a cheapo USB-C cord I got out of a bin at Office Max.

Both have been used dozens of times to charge my Switch in the past with no issues. However today my Switch has crashed three times while I have it in sleep mode requiring it be powered off in order to restart.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    large.jpg

Narcos The Videogame is coming to Switch.

https://youtu.be/CPu-rrpaAkE

edit: I really really wish that I could make that my Switch icon.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

No not at all, it's Switch exclusive. All the forms of motion control like aim assist, and the little rumble clicks while lockpicking aren't in any other version. Most people agree that it makes lockpicking really easy.

Damn

I'd heard the xbox version has it and was hoping pc did too

Looks like no opening locks for me

• Options
    Other versions have rumble, but not specifically the implementation the Switch version has that makes picking easier. In other versions you feel rumble when the pick is about to break but that requires actually starting the pick attempt in the wrong place, not just while rotating.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Was hanging out with a friend last night and his daughter was roping everybody around into playing the new Kirby with her. My feelings on the game are kind of lukewarm from the demo, but watching a kid play it and engage with it and playing together, it really isn't something that can be underestimated. Maybe the game isn't for me, but for what it intends to be, the game is absolutely fantastic.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Well my concern of lack of levels has turned around a bit with world 4 having an absolutely massive number of levels with varying themes.

12 levels so far, with room for more to unlock on the map it seems.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I can't figure out picking locks in Skyrim Switch. I should probably figure that out.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well my concern of lack of levels has turned around a bit with world 4 having an absolutely massive number of levels with varying themes.

12 levels so far, with room for more to unlock on the map it seems.

That's good to hear.

What do the worlds spell out this time, by the way?

• Options
    I can't figure out picking locks in Skyrim Switch. I should probably figure that out.

Think of it like this:

1FDVnOL.png

Every line is a rumble vibration (they all feel the same). The bolder lines are very slightly stronger vibrations. You pick between the two strong ones.

Easier locks have fewer lines, and harder locks have more lines. In practice, for me this makes harder locks easier than easy ones...because you're scrolling the pick around like dududududududuBUBUdududu...you can immediately feel the change because the vibrations are happening faster. With easier locks it can be harder to compare vibration strengths because they're spread out.

• Options
    Looks like world four has 17 levels in total.

Which would bring the games total to 39, just shy of Triple Deluxe and Robobots 42 each,

But Star Allies doesn’t separate world bosses into their own levels so it comes out ahead by one or two if you take that into account.

A pleasant turn of events.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ah, good.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    large.jpg

Narcos The Videogame is coming to Switch.

https://youtu.be/CPu-rrpaAkE

edit: I really really wish that I could make that my Switch icon.

Well the thing on the top of my wants for the switch is the ability to buy themes
    That rabbit had my number a few times in the badge arcade bring him back I am more than willing to buy a theme for my switch from him

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I was standing in gamestop holding a copy of okami for ps4 "Should i buy this." I put it down deciding not to.

Now it's coming to the switch i am so happy i decided not to grab it.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of buying Mario Kart to bring with me when I'm going on Easter vacation with my brothers, but I'm on the fence. My last Mario Karts (3DS and Wii) were a bit disappointing, so I've tried to find out if 8D solved the problems, and I can't find the information anywhere.

Hopefully you fine gentlemen and ladies can help me.

When playing local multiplayer:
    • Can you play battle without AI opponents? Can you play free for all, or team only?
    • Can you play grand prix without AI opponents? Can you play free for all, or team only?
    • How many human players can play locally at the same time?
    • How are the controls? Can you play with only one joycon (i.e., not a pair) per player?

Thanks, everyone!

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The more I research the more I start to think this 3rd party 5.0 thing is a bunch of nonsense. I have yet to find a single report of fastsnail or melopow (or really anything except for Nyko stuff) bricking Switches, both before and after the update. My backup switch is still running strong connected to the melopow, and so far everyone who's told me not to use any 3rd party docks at all has used the spawnwave video as their evidence.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Every day we stray further from god's light

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    He’s a penguin

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It's not surprising to me at all if DeDeDe is bald - I kind of figured that to begin with. Hair in the Kirbyverse is generally reserved for cutesy little human-type characters like Adeline or Ribbon, while on the standard Dream Land denizen is more of a rare exception.