As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hmm. I wonder if learning to make/adjust clothes could be worth it as I envisage myself buying quite a lot of clothing not really designed to fit me in the future.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    The only issue I had with making my own stuff is that it's difficult (for me) to find heavier weights of fabrics, e.g. shorts thickness non-denims. Most really available stuff is quilting weight.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hmm. I wonder if learning to make/adjust clothes could be worth it as I envisage myself buying quite a lot of clothing not really designed to fit me in the future.

I think it probably is - being able to tuck and tailor stuff really opens up your purchasing options. The important thing when buying is shoulder (width) fit, almost anything else can be adjusted.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    @Dabe what are those shoes!!! are they acquirable in our current present?

thee ones since I've realized there are multiple shoe posts
    Dabe wrote: »
    Today my feet are sending a transmission from the year 3018:
    bafzv667w64c.jpg

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Irregular Choice are great, btw! Really comfy shoes. The only pair of boots I ever bothered to have repaired were Irregular Choice ones (I wore down the heel).

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    GIVE ME THOSE SHOES

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    THEY ARE ALREADY MINE

FIGHT ME

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    SO

BE

IT

• Options
    Fuck I want these so badly...

0147-01j_1.jpg

• Options
    I pretty much want every pair from that site

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    there is absolutely zero percent chance you haven't talked about these already but

@Zonugal the shoes Johnny Legs wears in Romeo + Juliet

so sick

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I was feeling myself today which means posting selfies on ALL social media

8leq6qg3znao.jpg
    zy3pclobwrah.jpg

• Options
    there is absolutely zero percent chance you haven't talked about these already but

@Zonugal the shoes Johnny Legs wears in Romeo + Juliet

so sick

Everything about his character's presentation is mesmerizing.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Peace? Peace? I hate the word. As I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    hey whoah what did I do

oh got the shoes first, right, right

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Let me combine those shoes with a brighter version of this look:

mix-match-fashion-3-pieces-men-suits-red.jpg

Let me become a Gotham mobster.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I was about to post, "what and become a batman villain?" Then I read your last line.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    There's this website that occasionally has ads on my facebook feed that sells entirely totally awesome future clothes, sweet boots, lots of asymmetry

and I love them and I do want to dress like a Shadowrun character

but I am large and dumpy and bald so I won't look cool in them

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Let me combine those shoes with a brighter version of this look:

mix-match-fashion-3-pieces-men-suits-red.jpg

Let me become a Gotham mobster.

give me that suit in black and pink

plus my laser shoes

people will literal incinerate as they draw near

• Options
    There's this website that occasionally has ads on my facebook feed that sells entirely totally awesome future clothes, sweet boots, lots of asymmetry

pish posh everyone has the ability to look cool

get you some 'runner boots

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    do any sweet runner boots not cost $500?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I was feeling myself today which means posting selfies on ALL social media

8leq6qg3znao.jpg
    zy3pclobwrah.jpg

These are good shots and I really dig the shirt and bowtie together

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I can look cool, but it's more of a like, 90s grunge/Dan from Roseanne style

flannels, jeans, a stern, but loving, demeanor

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I can look cool, but it's more of a like, 90s grunge/Dan from Roseanne style

flannels, jeans, a stern, but loving, demeanor

get some fake scars, go serial murderer instead

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    My hairdresser is such a good bit cooler than I am but greets me and treats me like I'm one of the gang. I walk in, get a fist bump, handed a cocktail, and we shoot the shit while I get cleaned up.

For those brief 40 minutes it's really nice to get treated like any other tattooed hipster lesbian.

Late but

I strongly resemble this remark

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    My hairdresser is such a good bit cooler than I am but greets me and treats me like I'm one of the gang. I walk in, get a fist bump, handed a cocktail, and we shoot the shit while I get cleaned up.

For those brief 40 minutes it's really nice to get treated like any other tattooed hipster lesbian.

Late but

I strongly resemble this remark

Because we both have boss hair that transcends traditional gender roles.

Respect.

• Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

I got lucky on both (Ebay and Yoox) but unfortunately they retail for an insane price. I would keep an eye on eBay and/or a good zappos sale.

Lemme know your size and I'll keep an eye out!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Dabe wrote: »

I got lucky on both (Ebay and Yoox) but unfortunately they retail for an insane price. I would keep an eye on eBay and/or a good zappos sale.

Lemme know your size and I'll keep an eye out!

Grailed is also the greatest. Or the worst thing ever. Depending on how much you value your bank account balance.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Grailed is fantastic, just know everyone lists (or at least starts) their shit high with intent to receive lowballs. I think at this point more than half my wardrobe consists of grailed purchases.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Just found this channel and now I'm watching a bunch of videos on 1950s hairstyles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GGqSUzEotQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZRrIG2QP9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGqrr-RMXRY

They're all so... firm.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Hairspray was trending at the time.

also, I seek help Fashion Fam!
    I have a student with very large boobs—a double E if I was reading her quiet whisper correctly—who seeks a good sports bra that will actually hold things in and tight when she jogs. I know there’s has been a discussion about this before, but as an A, I ignored it! Woe to me! So what are some options she might find helpful?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I've heard good things about Shock Absorber bras, you can get them in the UK, I'm not sure where you're located?

I saw a guy dressed as a wizard while in the supermarket today. Grey embroidered hat and ankle length cloak with a ravenclaw scarf. Good for you dude!

Have any natural blondes found purple shampoo improve their colour? I can't work out if it's nonsense or not.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Sometimes two bras - an underwire and a traditional y-back sports bra - do the trick. My favourite sports bra is an E cup and works really well, but I got it in Australia and it's a store brand so no idea where you would get an equivalent in the US.

edit: YMMV but I've also found sizing down both band and cup in a regular bra can help hold things in place - but it needs to be a fairly full-coverage garment to work, and depending on wires etc it could just get uncomfortable. I wouldn't really recommend it, generally.

tynic on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Panache sports bras are well-regarded. i have and like the underwire version for holding me in without compressing, but i'm tempted by the wireless.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    the woman opposite me is explaining that she doesn't wear all black because she lacks imagination, she does it because it's layered in meaning for her and it follows her around and don't you know what it meant to Johnny Cash.

Kinda want to tell her its all fine until a seagull shits on you.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    the woman opposite me is explaining that she doesn't wear all black because she lacks imagination, she does it because it's layered in meaning for her and it follows her around and don't you know what it meant to Johnny Cash.

Kinda want to tell her its all fine until a seagull shits on you.

I apply that philosophy to everything

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    now she's being snotty about Palomino horses and her friend is talking about Piers Anthony and I'm kind of starting to hate both of them.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    now she's being snotty about Palomino horses and her friend is talking about Piers Anthony and I'm kind of starting to hate both of them.

How the fuck does that even come up in conversation?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    they're cutting out stuff from magazines and I guess there was a horse there. It sparked a very long and boring discussion about breeding horses.

edit: "I like that you're tempering your intuition with some narrative." dude I think she's dissing your art.

edit2: they're both agreeing that they're people that just HAVE to do art, regardless of whether they get paid for it or get famous.
    Not me, I'm in it for the money.

tynic on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'd have to double-check the one I have (it's in my locker at work), but it was lifechanging as an E cup

It has a good combination of underwire and elasticity so I only have to wear the one and it doesn't physically hurt to do any kind of intense cardio

I completely forget the brand though, since I got it at some high end American department store a year and a bit ago

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786