As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adventure Time: 4 specials coming soon to HBO Max

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    turns out yes it is adventure time and yes it is all up on the On Demand service and yes the episodes are all very good

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    turns out yes it is adventure time and yes it is all up on the On Demand service and yes the episodes are all very good

A surprising amount of immediate follow-up to dangling plot threads from Elements.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Just watched Ketchup

uh

wow :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Final season returns (at least for one night) with four new episodes back-to-back, Sept 17

7PM Eastern: The Wild Hunt
    A fierce creature is terrorizing the Candy Kingdom but before Finn can slay the beast, he must first overcome a guilty conscience
    7:15: Always BMO Closing
    BMO and Ice King hit the road as door-to-door salesmen and stumble upon an irresistible opportunity
    7:30: Son of Rap Bear
    When Flame Princess is coaxed into a high stakes battle against the indomitable Son of Rap Bear, Finn must help her search for a new strategy
    7:45: Bonnibel Bubblegum
    A long lost artifact causes Princess Bubblegum to harken back to the creation of the Candy Kingdom

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Son of Rap Bear :0

poo
  • Options
    ooh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    ooh

No, it's set in Ooo.

• Options
    ah, my mistake

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygXBicigsEo Minecraft crossover ep July 20, still no date for the finale

• Options

Sept 3 is when this finale airs

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    It's over?

How was it? I can't say I've really enjoyed this season at all.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Loved the last episode, dealt with a lot of other stuff than just the Gumbaldia plot if that wasn't holding your attention.

And for anyone else who wanted to rewatch the last song to be sure you caught everything it's here-

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Holy shit balls that was intense. I can't imagine how they could have made that send off any better.

The final montage at the end with
    Simon and Prismo
    though. Now that was a kick in the dick.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Wow, I’ve never seen a cartoon with a perfect ending before. Everything I needed was there. Especially old Sweet P as a giant adventurer.

• Options
    2y8sb4x6j23a.jpeg
    Also.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh hey. I just realized something
    After LSP fixed Ooo in the elementals mini she returned the Peacemasters kids to normal.

Good for him. Dude needed a break

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I started rewatching this. I forgot how gonzo this ways right out of the gate. That fucking Jiggler episode!

Also Finn sounded sooooo different.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This was a very good finale for a very good show that I did not like all that much when it started, but grew into pulling off some of the most bonkers high-concept shit I've ever seen in a kids' cartoon. Even though its airing schedule was total garbage, I'm still gonna feel this loss for a bit.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Also,
    Shelby's last "cheque, please" fucking slayed me.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm so sad that this show is over now.

I thought the finale was fantastic overall. On the season as a whole, I do have to say that
    the whole Gumbald storyline never really did it for me, although I respect the reasoning for not wanting to just go back to something like the Lich (but everything they've ever done with the Lich is my absolute jam, like really).

Back to the finale, there are definitely some bittersweet and potentially even outright dark elements to it.
    Like Gunter, whose transformation would seem to make him that flying Ice King Monster that we saw way back. Which also appears again in the future-set opening credits, wherein more of Oo seems to be covered in ice.

• Options
    Everything stays, but everything changes...

So yeah, new Ice King having a bad phase seems reasonably, but it’ll all sort itself out in the end.

• Options
    Everything stays, but everything changes...

So yeah, new Ice King having a bad phase seems reasonably, but it’ll all sort itself out in the end.

Well thats easily explained
    1000 years have passed. The crowns lost most of its gems ( Jakes grandson has one.). Despite that Guntking has gotten larger.

ORGALORG

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    it's actually called
    the Ice Thing

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    One a lighter note, just when I was starting to worry that the finale wasn't quite grabbing me, they gave me Jake's
    "UUGGGHHHH NIGHTMARE FART!"

• Options
    Seeing ginormous bearded Sweet P. just sort of wandering future Ooo made me really happy. I'm glad he didn't end up re-lichifying and he makes for an interesting character to just sort of exist in the world.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know the comics won't have quite the same feeling as the show (they never do) but I'm still glad they exist. I hope they'll try exploring the weird cool stuff the show did, as well as expanding on a few cosmology things.
    I really want to know if there's a connection between GOLB and the Lich - I thought the horribly monster GOLB creates had some similar traits, mainly due to their similar eyes. Adventure Time cosmology is really wild and fun. The whole 'Before there was nothing, there were monsters' sequence is one of the coolest and scariest things any show has ever done.

But also I thought the ending was sad. Good but sad.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I know the comics won't have quite the same feeling as the show (they never do) but I'm still glad they exist. I hope they'll try exploring the weird cool stuff the show did, as well as expanding on a few cosmology things.
    I really want to know if there's a connection between GOLB and the Lich - I thought the horribly monster GOLB creates had some similar traits, mainly due to their similar eyes. Adventure Time cosmology is really wild and fun. The whole 'Before there was nothing, there were monsters' sequence is one of the coolest and scariest things any show has ever done.

But also I thought the ending was sad. Good but sad.
    The Lich actually refers to himself as "The last scholar of GOLB" at one point.

https://youtu.be/IuagnLZoqAk?t=2m46s

• Options
    Well, that was an ending.

I didn't care for any of it aside from
    Marcy and PB interacting

Until
    that song caught me completely off guard and I started to tear up. I may not have enjoyed much past Stakes, but I LOVE the vast majority of this show

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Just watched the finale. Pretty big feelings to see the end of an era like that. Interesting point:
    Golb and his appearance reminded me of the extradimensional terrors from the early run of the comic actually.

I'm also really glad for the on screen confirmation of THE ship ever since this wonderful bit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s5-ODUA-Cc

• Options
    FInale got me. It got me good.

Really bittersweet. When the song started it got all dusty in the room.

• Options
    It might have been dusty in my room when I watched it too, but I couldn't tell because I was crying too hard to see

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yeah, I was meh on the episode until the song

No, you're crying!

• Options
    I made myself sad again this morning thinking about the finale.
    like, beemo is the one that survived? The eternal good child has lost everyone he knew and loved.

Also the elementals are all reincarnated in the opening of the episode, but we see only some pink hands in a barred prison window in the ice kingdom.

And were the heck is Marcelline?

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    like, beemo is the one that survived? The eternal good child has lost everyone he knew and loved.

Also the elementals are all reincarnated in the opening of the episode, but we see only some pink hands in a barred prison window in the ice kingdom.

Sweet Pea is still knocking about, pretty sure he'll still be pals with Beemo

• Options

There's some theme song stuff you should look into on youtube

• Options

Survived... the passage of time? I think he's found peace with his much longer lifespan. Also Finn's part of a reincarnation cycle, there's a version of him kicking around yet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Survived... the passage of time? I think he's found peace with his much longer lifespan. Also Finn's part of a reincarnation cycle, there's a version of him kicking around yet.

I mean
    Shermy is obviously Finn. Also technically a Finn is still alive in the sword .