As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Polymath

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Polymath

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Tycho with the twinning ship.

Yeah I’d ship it.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Hey, you joke, but the whole "devils bargain at a crossroad" thing was a weirdly common accusation once.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    So, either --Ninja sold his soul for WASD pickin' skills,
    --Ninja is a robot from the future, or
    --Ninja is multiboxing with himself.

Or a combination of the three. Ninja's avatar is being controlled simultaneously by two of his own doppelgangers. One of them is a robot from the future, and one of them sold his soul to the devil. Two others refurbish homes/sell homes, respectively.

I once read a comic where the main character had cloned himself before college so every clone could get a different degree, and they all merged at the end of college so he could retain knowledge of all possible fields.

That character's name? Dr. Mcninja.

Coincidence????

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Or a combination of the three. Ninja's avatar is being controlled simultaneously by two of his own doppelgangers.

Team Ninja?

• Options
    Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular
    Team Laser Explosion!

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i was not expecting video gaming and HGTV to be brought together in this way today. well done.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    d.TFFoSd.TFFoS Registered User regular
    All these esportsball comics lately are making me feel old.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    d.TFFoS wrote: »
    All these esportsball comics lately are making me feel old.

This one isn't so much esports as just general streaming of high level play.

Now the clip of one of the dude's games that Tycho linked where he shoots people as he tears down a building and builds a skybridge without skipping a beat? That should make you feel old.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Or a combination of the three. Ninja's avatar is being controlled simultaneously by two of his own doppelgangers.

Team Ninja?

It's all coming together now...

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Hey, you joke, but the whole "devils bargain at a crossroad" thing was a weirdly common accusation once.

What is it with supernatural creatures and crossroads? I mean, between going to a crossroad to bargain with the devil, and the idea that you can thwart a vampire by pouring rice at a crossroads so that they'll spend the entire night counting them (and the crossroads make it extra difficult for them because they lack spatial reasoning or something)

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »

What is it with supernatural creatures and crossroads? I mean, between going to a crossroad to bargain with the devil, and the idea that you can thwart a vampire by pouring rice at a crossroads so that they'll spend the entire night counting them (and the crossroads make it extra difficult for them because they lack spatial reasoning or something)

I think its just a side effect of the human subconscious obsession with patterns. Our stupid brains love them, so all the mythical bullshit we make up revolves around patterns, shapes, numbers and lines too.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Crossroads are between things. So other things are between things at crossroads, too.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    PLA wrote: »
    Crossroads are between things. So other things are between things at crossroads, too.

Ditto with dawn, dusk, and midnight having occult connotations. Or solstices and equinoxes. The idea of boundaries and points of crossing them having special properties is a pretty universal characteristic of myths and legends.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    RigamarawRigamaraw Registered User regular
    I don't think one is a doppelganger. I think it's a wizard clone situation like Jim is currently struggling with...only they joined forces.

• Options
    ChaosPathChaosPath Registered User regular
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ron Burnt Orange at best.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    There's twice as much traffic at a crossroads than if you wait to meet someone (or set your trap) anywhere else

• Options
    LeptonLepton Registered User regular
    The only thing I ever find at the crossroads is Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I watched some of Ninja's streams over the weekend and yeah, the guy is definitely on a different level from other Twitch streamers, I think the deal at the crossroad is a valid theory.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    From what I remember they are actually triplets for property brothers. Or at the very least they have another brother. Kinda like sister sister has an older sister and brother that were not actors like them and the younger brother.