As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steven Universe [PHALLA] Day 9: IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Crystal gems = rebels (Rose Quartz is/was the leader of the crystal gems)

lesser gems = gem monsters, gems that got kinda mutated because of reasons

Basically this is most likely a game with a village and two mafia factions, barring some kind of surprise twist.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I have a feeling I’m about to get lost in a wikia somewhere.....

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Watch the show instead, that's more fun!

Honestly, with the themes the show has there is enough leeway for the host to throw curveballs at those who try to metagame based of details of the show if the host is so inclined. I'd just play this game like a standard phalla with two mafia factions and not worry about things too much.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

Like I said when I signed up, I haven't watched the show yet, but after playing a cool game based on it I wound up doing a deep dive on the wiki about it because the premise is a pretty neat take on space opera.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Clearly Virgil_Leads_You won that other game and deserves being shattered with extreme prejudice

Such bbcode prejudice indeed

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    One last note; all gems identify as female (that is, they don't really have a sex, but they always manifest female-gendered humanoid forms).

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Clearly Virgil_Leads_You won that other game and deserves being shattered with extreme prejudice

I'm a super good character though.
    Discrider's def a mafia.

VayBJ4e.png
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I will continue to make the dumb joke that preda is a predator

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    The Crystal Gems are the good guys in the TV show, including the titular character Steven Universe.

The bad guys are the four Diamonds, the rulers of Gem society - a strictly hierarchical and expansionist race of aliens.

Thousands of years in the past, Steven's mom Rose Quartz rebelled against the Diamonds. The modern day Crystal Gems are the remnants of that rebellion.

So the village in this game are playing the grunt soldiers of an evil empire, and we're searching for the good guys.

Also, Gem monsters are mutants created when the Diamonds nuked Earth. They're hostile to both the Crystal Gems and the Diamond's soldiers.

Crystal Gems are: Steven Universe, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst for sure
    Maybe: Greg Universe (Steven's dad), Connie Maheswaran (Steven's best friend), Peridot, Lapis Lazuli, Lion (a magical pink lion).

The Diamonds are: White Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, and Pink Diamond
    Pink Diamond was killed in Rose Quartz' rebellion thousands of years ago.
    We haven't seen White Diamond in the show yet.
    So it's probably that only Yellow and Blue Diamond are roles in the game (if they're roles at all).

Potential village special roles?
    Jasper, Aquamarine, Emerald, Topaz

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So we (the village) are the baddies? Finally U get to be the bad guy.

Also discrider for defeating my infernal schemes

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Gosh darn phone posts. While it may look lile a Freudian slip, it is not. I am village :(

edited March 2018
    As long as you consider traveling to other planets and infecting them with viruses that grow soldiers while draining their life-force bad.

Or if you consider using weapons of mass destruction to kill billions of people at once bad.

Or if you're against experimenting on people without their consent.

Or sentencing people to death for accidents.

Sir Fabulous on

Fair warning: Pretty sure dying first in the last phalla gives me some kind of super strong shielding suit.
    So I'd suggest voting for someone more vulberable

edited March 2018
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Gosh darn phone posts. While it may look lile a Freudian slip, it is not. I am village :(

<_<
    Well it looked like a typo until you said it was a Freudian slip.

discrider on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    I think it is certain that JaysonFour is looking a bit occluded. Ah ha ha do you see

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Why does being told to trust something implicitly automatically make it seem distrustful.

It's totally fine. Trust me

I don't think I've voted for Wildcat for a long time.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So the village in this game are playing the grunt soldiers of an evil empire, and we're searching for the good guys.

And when they die, they become my ghosts?

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Going based on my rock solid intuition and impeccable gut instinct I will vote for
    Gizzy

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I remain mildly aggravated with Austin despite his being for the most part a good Champion. This should square it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I forgot to vote for Virgil last game.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I never got to vote for Kime last game. It felt so empty.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles is an imperfect gem and I have the math to prove it!

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Oh god I thought I missed a day!

It doesn't feel right voting Kime day 1 since we're the bad guys and he's always evil.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Egos is here? Excellent!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Zombie Hero is still well aware of what he did.

And when they die, they become my ghosts?

Grunt's Ghosts

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I am keeping my promise from the Fortune of Fools phalla.

Virgil

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Egos is here? Excellent!

It’s always nice when people hate your guts and you have no idea why.

Cythraul for reminding me why this can’t just be light fun

Auralynx wrote: »
    I remain mildly aggravated with Austin despite his being for the most part a good Champion. This should square it.

Yeah, pretty sure I earned this one....damn reading skills.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Yeah, pretty sure I earned this one....damn reading skills.

Long-run we're cool, I'm just getting it out of my system!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

.....it’s only semi-light fun now :rotate:

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
    I'm still, I'm still .... an alien that is actually a rock

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Really glad this didn't start over the weekend as I totally would have spaced it!

Gonna go with Locus for putting me up for death last game (based on what I could find from their proboard last game).

Other things to potentially look out for (I don't know how complex the game is mechanically):

Gems can fuse with each other to temporarily create new, stronger gems. This is generally frowned upon by Homeworld gems (the gems who are loyal to the Diamonds), but it sees frequent use by the Crystal Gems.

Gems are immortal as long as their actual gemstone is intact. A mortally wounded gem will retreat inside their gemstone to regenerate, sort of like a Doctor Who situation. Gems are only destroyed by 'shattering' them. The Crystal Gems are pretty set against 'shattering' other gems, although Homeworld doesn't have the same qualms.

Steven himself boasts mostly defensive powers, including a strong healing ability. This healing ability has been demonstrated to work on gemstones that are damaged, but not fully shattered. He's also made some progress in healing the mutated gem monsters, although so far they've always reverted back to their monstrous form eventually.

edited March 2018
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
    I'm still, I'm still .... an alien that is actually a rock

Don't let them dull your shine! You're a gem!

Edit: There should be a sparkly gif in here somewhere, I just can't find one that I like enough.

AustinP0027 on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Like I said when I signed up, I haven't watched the show yet, but after playing a cool game based on it I wound up doing a deep dive on the wiki about it because the premise is a pretty neat take on space opera.

I'm about in the same boat- I've always been kind of curious about it, and this is the perfect excuse to binge a few hours of episodes to finally see what it's like. Nothing wrong with that, I think.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Let's give Rawkking Goodguy a warm welcome back to Phalla!