As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Torment: Tides of Numenara] Are you the Fallen Star? Out now! HYYYYYYYPE

1235»

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Okay, that was... sudden. I'd heard some whispered rumours about this, but released already?!

The UI still looks like it's awful though.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Okay, that was... sudden. I'd heard some whispered rumours about this, but released already?!

The UI still looks like it's awful though.

What I have heard is that it is easier to navigate and use, but still extremely ugly.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Just got an e-mail from GOG, if you own the original Planescape: Torment on a GOG account they're giving you a 30% discount on the enhanced edition.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    GUESSSS

WHAT *edit*

http://planescape.com/

Planescape: Torment enhanced edition literally out right now. $19 bucks. There's no better time to try it out.

Donnicton wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail from GOG, if you own the original Planescape: Torment on a GOG account they're giving you a 30% discount on the enhanced edition.

Now I can buy Planescape: Torment for the 4th or 5th time!

And new people might recognize my Rune of Torment tattoo!

Yay!

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Why does the game keep asking me if I want to give Rhin to slavers or monstrous interdimensional entities &c.? Is it because I'm not already enough of a monster?

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    It wouldn't be Torment without the option to do some real bad shit.

• Options
    And finished at about 22 hours. Generally liked it a lot, and I get the impression that I missed an awful lot of side content. In a way it was more linear than I expected -- the way that once you left a major area (Sagus Cliffs, the Bloom, etc.), you were never going to have a chance to go back.

I'll have to try it again in a few years and make some different decisions; also, I'd be happy with a sequel. In the meantime, it's probably time to effect some masses.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Just started this finally. My main comment:

I just fixed your clock and am a saint in your eyes- I can't lay on some ground for free?! Assholes!

• Options
    Oh geez, even the ambient NPC's have little stories?

I'm never getting out of this city.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

The first city is the best part of the game, IMO. So take your time.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

It can also easily be the bulk of your playtime, it has by far the most going on.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »

It can also easily be the bulk of your playtime, it has by far the most going on.

And like I said after I'd finished playing the game, something to keep in mind: For the most part, once you leave a major area, you won't ever be able to go back there. So make sure you've done as much city as you can stomach before moving on.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I took the read minds perk and it seems that will come in handy in doing all you can in one playthrough.

Especially with
    Erritis.
    Though that dead ended already, but it is the start.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Where do party members go when dismissed? I need to boot one out to get another, but Callis just wanders off to I can't find where.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Where do party members go when dismissed? I need to boot one out to get another, but Callis just wanders off to I can't find where.

They each have their own spot. I don't remember where they all go.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

Callistege goes back to the Order of Truth. Aligern to the Underbelly.

At some point in the game, you get an item that can summon your party members to you. Not sure if you're there yet though.

hippofant on
  • Options
    Thanks for the info you two.

Not at the that point yet, found that detail trying to find out where they go.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Well shit, first fight I get into in 13 hours and it impossible atm!
    3 dudes in your mind defending the father with the probability machine. Have Rhin who is useless and they do a crap ton more damage then I do. Thought it was doable by attrition when 1 I managed to kill was still dead when I came back, but of course he got back up when the fight started. And looks like you have to fight them. Guess it'll have to wait until later. And for when I don't have Rhin in my party.

And it seems you can't boot Rhin out without losing her forever. That questline is going to be waiting a bit it seems.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Fights in this are getting kind of annoying now: First one of them locks the game up totally, now
    on the way to the Bloom heart that's taking a million turns the phasing dude just won't move, thereby stalling the fight forever.

Fun fun.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I couldn't get into this game because I hated the combat so much. I love a good story, but there should be some game in there somewhere.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Well, considering it took 13 hours to get into a 2nd combat I'd say combat isn't a real big part of the game, but 45ish hours in it starts to pick up some.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    For fucks sake this is bullshit. Another fight that just stalls out forever on the last fucking turn of it too god. And there doesn't seem to be a console to get around this crap.

Maybe there's a cheat engine table...

Edit: Or I blaze through the text and pick different options this time and avoid the fight altogether. That works. They need to fix the fights, though.

Xeddicus on