As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax East 2018 Poke Crawl Sign up?

tbell630tbell630 Registered User new member
Hey All,

I've always had friends sign up for me in the past but how do I actually sign up to join the pokecrawl for this upcoming pax east?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pay attention to these forums in the months closer to PAX. I would wager around February for signups? Maybe March even. Also things might change this year since PAX East will now be Thursday-Sunday, so it's all a guessing game until the organizers post!

• Options
    Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    deleted

Jer1ch0 on
    dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Sorry, what is pokecrawl?

PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    it is a pre-pax charity barcrawl to raise money for child's play charity while getting to know new people before pax

it is pokemon themed

• Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Ah!! Sounds cool!

PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    The Pokecrawl is Legendary. I was privileged enough to be on the first one, and roll with Atlus and Arsonbro, and a professor on the third. I hope to return again next year.

• Options
    fel2941fel2941 Registered User new member
    Do any of the organizers have any idea on when it will happen? The pokecrawl for 2018 is going to determine if i go Thursday -> Sunday or Friday -> Sunday :)

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The crawls have always been pre-PAX, i.e. Thursday.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    @whypick1 though, with Thursday now being a Con-day, I am wondering if things will shift to Wednesday

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'd imagine they'd go to Wednesday to keep it pre-PAX.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I really hope they keep it Thursday night!

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    smorggie wrote: »
    I really hope they keep it Thursday night!

Same, I didn't plan on extending my stay in Boston to Wednesday. Any word on if the day will be changed?

• Options
    The Pokecrawl will be Thursday night, more info coming soon! :D

• Options
    sirmeepsirmeep Registered User regular
    whoot I can actually go to this one!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Hi guys! Pokecrawl thread coming very soon, however we are currently way under-staffed and won't be able to make the crawl happen if we don't get some more volunteers. This amazing event has become a PAX tradition for many of us, so whether you live locally or are traveling from far away, we could use your help the day of the crawl! We currently have about 15 slots open.

Volunteer Perks:
    FREE admission and a guaranteed spot on a team at the crawl. (Suggested donation for attendees is $10 this year.)
    Choose your team and get some friends to volunteer with you! You could have 3 people volunteer for the same team!
    Yes you can still drink and participate in the challenges! As long as you can make it to all the bars.

Volunteer Responsibilities:
    Show up for the crawl 30 minutes early to meet with your professor.
    At the first bar, help people sign in and get their instructions and team buttons, and help sell swag to raise money for Child's Play.
    Help herd cats! At the appropriate time, make sure that the whole team knows we are moving on to the next bar and no one gets left behind!
    Keep an eye out for your teammates, if anyone drinks too much help make sure they get a glass of water, get help from their friends, or get an Uber home.
    That's basically it! 90% of your responsibilities are completed at the first bar, then enjoy yourself and catch em all!

If you want to get more involved, please let us know and we will invite you to our Slack workspace for the planning team. This group is planning the routes, contacting the bars, making or buying extra items to sell or auction to crawl attendees, etc. We are still looking for a couple Professors to lead teams as well.

smorggie on
  • Options
    InstantsmileInstantsmile Registered User new member
    I would be more than happy to help out with the Pokecrawl as I've been a participant so many times, this time I think I should give back and volunteer! I am jack of all trades so use me as you see fit =)

• Options
    Fail.SessionFail.Session Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hi guys! Pokecrawl thread coming very soon, however we are currently way under-staffed and won't be able to make the crawl happen if we don't get some more volunteers. This amazing event has become a PAX tradition for many of us, so whether you live locally or are traveling from far away, we could use your help the day of the crawl! We currently have about 15 slots open.

Volunteer Perks:
    FREE admission and a guaranteed spot on a team at the crawl. (Suggested donation for attendees is $10 this year.)
    Choose your team and get some friends to volunteer with you! You could have 3 people volunteer for the same team!
    Yes you can still drink and participate in the challenges! As long as you can make it to all the bars.

At the first bar, help people sign in and get their instructions and team buttons, and help sell swag to raise money for Child's Play.
    Help heard cats! At the appropriate time, make sure that the whole team knows we are moving on to the next bar and no one gets left behind!
    Keep an eye out for your teammates, if anyone drinks too much help make sure they get a glass of water, get help from their friends, or get an Uber home.
    That's basically it! 90% of your responsibilities are completed at the first bar, then enjoy yourself and catch em all!

If you want to get more involved, please let us know and we will invite you to our Slack workspace for the planning team. This group is planning the routes, contacting the bars, making or buying extra items to sell or auction to crawl attendees, etc. We are still looking for a couple Professors to lead teams as well.

I might be interested - my buddy and I were planning on attending anyways. I'll find out from him prior to committing tho :)

We had a blast last year; so definitely going

Fail.Session on
  • Options
    GunsbeforerosesGunsbeforeroses Registered User regular

Volunteer Perks:

Help heard cats! At the appropriate time, make sure that the whole team knows we are moving on to the next bar and no one gets left behind!

I have volunteered for this as a Nurse Joy for the past 3 years and did not get any information about it this year. I usually sign up through my cousin but she is not attending this year. I would love to help again.

• Options

I have volunteered for this as a Nurse Joy for the past 3 years and did not get any information about it this year. I usually sign up through my cousin but she is not attending this year. I would love to help again.

Awesome! I'll pm everyone with more info. Sorry things are a bit chaotic, some of the head organizers aren't going to make it this year but thanks to all our new volunteers for helping the crawl live on!

• Options
    highfivehighfive Registered User new member
    I have a few friends interested in volunteering. Could I get info on volunteering?

• Options
    Majikman13Majikman13 Registered User regular
    I am also interested in volunteering. I will have to check what time I am arriving to Boston, but send me the information!

3ox279s0939n.png
  • Options
    DaeDrougDaeDroug Registered User new member
    edited March 2018
    Just a slight point of contention but you'll be competing with quite a few other parties on Thursday I personally would vote for Wednesday if there was to be a vote, as there are at least 3 other things on Thursday I already can't choose between.

DaeDroug on
  • Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Yea had there been a vote I would have said Wednesday too and I would try to volunteer. I hope that this event remains and there is a great turnout, but I can't help if it's during the convention.

• Options
    Thanks for the info guys, some of the volunteers discussed it a few weeks ago and decided on Thursday. We realized that no matter which day we picked, we would make some people happy and some people unhappy :)

• Options
    ItaraItara Registered User regular
    HELLO YES, I WANT TO VOLUNTEER!

(sorry caps, but i am excite)

• Options
    Matthew9559Matthew9559 Registered User new member
    If you need more volunteers please let me know and I'll do anything I can to help.

• Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sounds interesting. I'm looking for something fun to do Thursday night. Can some give more specific information on what's involved? I may be available to volunteer but I need more details besides bar hopping and drinking. What challenges are involved?

(If a day hasn't been decided. My boyfriend and I will be in town Wed....but again; I need more details before I can commit

melzway on
  • Options
    IrishPh3n0mIrishPh3n0m Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    The challenges are generally silly things like:
    "dual battle against the other team; find a friend on your team, pair up with two on the other team, by the opposing team a drink the same color as their favorite 'mon"
    Here's last year's info for a general reference as to what the crawl is: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/209732/pokecrawl-go/p1

The day also has been set as Thursday, according to an earlier post in this thread.

IrishPh3n0m on
  • Options
    We have not yet finalized the exact drinking challenges for this year. We are working on getting the Eventbrite page up in the next few days and announcing when tickets will go live.

FYI, I have been PMing everyone interested in volunteering with more detailed info. We are still looking for about 6 more volunteers and are hoping to finalize the volunteer list by the end of the week. Thanks again to everyone helping make the Pokecrawl possible!!

• Options
    RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    What time has it traditionally been? I'm interested in volunteering.

PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
  • Options
    fel2941fel2941 Registered User new member
    Wish my wife and I could volunteer but we have other commitments for thursday! I had pmed one of the organizers a couple months back and they had mentioned it moving to Wednesday :(

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    If it comes down to us having it or not I am certainly willing to volunteer. I have been every year and am extremely familiar with the area and establishments.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    We currently have 8 more volunteer slots available, so we are certainly still looking for people!

I'll PM those interested with more info. We ask that volunteers arrive at the first bar at 7pm and the crawl officially starts at 7:30. We switch bars every hour and go to a total of 5 bars (so moving to the last bar at 11:30pm). We prefer volunteers say the whole time but it's not required. If you can make it to at least 4 that's probably good enough XD It's important for volunteers to arrive around 7 though, most of the help we need is checking people in when they arrive, after that it's mainly helping to make sure the whole group knows when we are moving to the next bar!

• Options
    TrutenoTruteno Registered User new member
    Would like to get more info on volunteering for the pokecrawl

• Options
    KildrekKildrek Registered User regular
    I’ve been attending pokecrawl for about 4 years now and I would love to volunteer!

I wouldn’t want to go to pax knowing a crawl wasn’t held because we didn’t have enough people to do the work, so please PM me and I’ll help out any way I can!

• Options
    willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    Announcement and details coming this week

Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • Options
    skytooflyskytoofly Registered User new member
    I would be interested to volunteer as well :D

• Options
    ohhmyfionnaohhmyfionna Registered User new member
    Hey All! I'm the crawl's organizer this year and I've had some fabulous volunteers helping get the word out! I'll be posting the announcement in a couple hours and releasing the eventbrite for the crawl tomorrow!
    Details incoming ;)

• Options
    Hi guys, just in case you didn't see the new thread, tickets go live at noon today!

This discussion has been closed.