As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steven Universe [PHALLA] Day 9: IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    OoOOoooOoOoooooooooooOoooOo

4l8tynfr1psx.png

OooooooooOoOooooooOOoOooooO

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    That Moridin bandwagon took of really fast. I know it was day one, but still, worth looking in the middle of that.

Day 1 *and* to save a claimed special.

After virgil's reveal the votes for Moridin were:
    H3Knuckles
    discrider
    kime
    Egos
    Lost Ninja
    SegaTai
    Jpants
    Wildcat

No one on the list really jumps out at me and neither did any of their votes.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wow, from the basic phalla rules I was expecting like, half as many eliminations per round.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm not sure we're going to get much out of the flip to Moridin. It was basically everyone jumping in case Virgil was special as claimed.

Work has been crazy today, so probably won't be posting a vote record today. If no one has picked it up by tomorrow, I'll probably do it again (even though I keep telling myself not to).

We have two mafia "bubbles" (one of you show experts, explain that to me) and a SK "shatter" besides vote. I'm not seeing a Vig shot, so unless there's some sort of "even/odd/every other" day thing going on, we likely can't network around a Vig.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Do we have a list of who voted when for who?

I know it's a lot of work to compile but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I usually keep my own vote count, but I didn't yesterday because I was busy. If I have time this afternoon I'll take a stab at it.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    AustinP0027. That second shatter is not an SK (nor Vig) and you should know that if you are village.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    We have two mafia "bubbles" (one of you show experts, explain that to me) and a SK "shatter" besides vote.
    I think someone in the thread already mentioned that a gem's "body" is actually just a projection created by their gem? If you damage the projection enough, it is dispelled, leaving the gem behind. Another gem can then create a bubble around it that keeps the contained gem from regenerating its form, and allows another gem to teleport them back to the un-bubbled gem's home or base or somesuch.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    We have two mafia "bubbles" (one of you show experts, explain that to me) and a SK "shatter" besides vote. I'm not seeing a Vig shot, so unless there's some sort of "even/odd/every other" day thing going on, we likely can't network around a Vig.

Red mafia are the crystal gems - the good guys on the show that live on earth
    Purple mafia are the gem monsters - these are gems on earth that have been corrupted.

On the show the crystal gems fight the gem monsters then bubble the defeated gems in hopes of curing them later.

Green village are home world gems - they do not live on earth - but do come to earth sometimes to run experiments or investigate rumors. There was previously a giant war where the crystal gems rebeled bc they did not approve of home worlds experiments (the end result being deplete earth of all its resources and destroy it)

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Ah I think I misunderstood the question - yeah bubble is like a force field around a stone to keep it from turning back into a monster.

Here's a picture
    kvpgymwmjef0.png

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Shattering is death.

Being bubbled is like being Pokeballed. You aren't dead, but you only exist within your Gem and have knowledge to the passage of time or what's happening around you.

The Crystal Gems bubble with hopes of curing corrupted gems later, or to remove a threat without killing them, as they are good and this is a kids show.

Game wise, I doubt there is much difference between the two. Probably just fluff.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    AustinP0027. That second shatter is not an SK (nor Vig) and you should know that if you are village.

How do you figure? Purple is Gem Monsters. Is that not a SK?

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    JPants for coming in right near the end of the wagon after a count had been posted that showed Moridin was already in the lead.

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

Purple mafia are the gem monsters - these are gems on earth that have been corrupted.

So wait, Purple is a who different set of mafia and not just a SK running around?

I'm not sure that even makes sense given the 2 kills to 1. Basing this on past games only, but I've never seen a 2nd mafia that gets less kills than the 1st.

• Options

Gem MonsterS. It's two separate mafia groups most likely.

• Options
    I might be assuming because the village role calls them out specifically and I don't recall that being done with SK's before.

• Options
    Are there conversions?

• Options
    edited March 2018

So wait, Purple is a who different set of mafia and not just a SK running around?

I'm not sure that even makes sense given the 2 kills to 1. Basing this on past games only, but I've never seen a 2nd mafia that gets less kills than the 1st.

Second set of mafia could have other abilities to compensate for the imbalance in kills.

Or maybe they have two kills and one of them was blocked.

Hopefully results tonight will provide some clarity.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I think this is a correct recap of all of the voting from Day One. Please let me know if I made a mistake.

Discrider – Virgil (1)
    Virgil – discrider (1)
    Gizzy – Preda (1)
    Moridin – discrider (2)
    Wildcat – JaysonFour (1)
    AustinP – Wildcat (1)
    TRV – Gizzy (1)
    Auralynx – AustinP (1)
    Brody – Virgil (2)
    Chamberlain – kime (1)
    Bluecyan – H3Knuckles (1)
    Cythraul – Egos (1)
    Locus – Zombie Hero (1)
    Sir Fab – Grunt’s Ghosts (1)
    MagicPrime – Virgil (3)
    Egos – cythraul (1)
    Jpants – Locus (1)
    Preda – Rawkking (1)
    JaysonFour – Virgil (4)
    Zombie Hero – Auralynx (1)
    Virgil – Moridin (1) (switched from discrider (1))
    Discrider – Auralynx (2) (switched from Virgil (3))
    Rawkking – JusticeforPluto (1)
    JusticeforPluto – Rawkking (2)
    cB557 – Virgil (4)
    H3Knuckles – Virgil (5)
    LostNinja – Virgil (6)
    Discrider – cB557 (1) (switched from Auralynx (1))

VIRGIL CLAIMS VILLAGE SPECIAL

H3Knuckles – Moridin (2) (switched from Virgil (5))
    Discrider – Moridin (3) (switched from cB557 (0))
    Egos – Moridin (4) (switched from cythraul (0))
    kime - Moridin (5)
    LostNinja – Moridin (6) (switched from Virgil (4))
    SeGaTai – Moridin (7)
    Moridin – Virgil (5) (switched from discrider (0))
    Jpants – Moridin (8) (switched from Locus (0))
    Wildcat – Moridin (9) (switched from JaysonFour (0))

Final count:
    Moridin – 9 (Virgil, H3Knuckles, discrider, Egos, kime, LostNinja, SeGaTai, Jpants, Wildcat)
    Virgil – 5 (Brody, MagicPrime, JaysonFour, cB557, Moridin)
    Rawkking – 2 (Preda, JusticeforPluto)
    Everyone else – 1 or 0

Locus on
  • Options

Alright, I'll admit stupidity on this one.

But I do also want to say that it still seems extremely odd to me if they only have a single kill as their ability if they are a group. Maybe as was also mentioned, they have other abilities, and obviously I'm putting faith the host knows what they are doing, but it seems like it would be a bit unbalanced to them if they had limited affect on the village/mafia 1.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Locus, I don't see my vote there. It was to Mori after the special claim

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

So you confess!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Wildcat sticks out to me. By that point Moridin was a lock. Why join the bandwagon too?

• Options
    kime wrote: »

Thank you! I thought my count was off by one but I couldn't figure out what it was. Should be fixed now.

• Options

Alright, I'll admit stupidity on this one.

But I do also want to say that it still seems extremely odd to me if they only have a single kill as their ability if they are a group. Maybe as was also mentioned, they have other abilities, and obviously I'm putting faith the host knows what they are doing, but it seems like it would be a bit unbalanced to them if they had limited affect on the village/mafia 1.

Bubbling might also work different than smashing. Might be some way to retrieve bubbled people. I sure hope mafia doesn't get three kills with village only getting one vote kill.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    cB557

Mostly interested if there is any connection to the jump of players
    from who voted for me before my pms sharing my role,
    to the later bandwagon folk who voted for me,
    before my public reveal.

I doubt there was a scenario where I told a mafia to "move their vote away, I'm a special",
    and then said mafia encouraged their team members to vote on me,
    but if I'm going to look anywhere it's probably in that group.

I understand day 1 is a really easy day to just vote for the leading vote.
    I could see mafia in that group even if there was no connection.

Bummed about Moridin89, but I felt if someone had to be day 1'd,
    I'd go for a player who's had recent gametime, and was cool.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Re austin:

Or they do have 2 kills but hit a guarded target or was roleblocked.

Or mafia 1 had 2 kills odd days and mafia 2 has 2 kills even days.

It's only been 1 day ... hard to wrap up what all mechanics are in play in one go.

Gizzy on
  • Options
    Too many variables. Good to note theories, but don't base all of your reasoning on it without data points

• Options
    Too many variables. Good to note theories, but don't base all of your reasoning on it without data points

Especially with 2 inactives potentially throwing off the math.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

Especially with 2 inactives potentially throwing off the math.

Yeah. Don't account for complicated mechanics what can more easily be explained by inactive players.

I could be 200% wrong on things, but I mean I guess we will see if they are inactive again

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    LostNinja for no worse fault of being in the middle of the Morindin after claim wagon.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    LostNinja...

• Options
    cythraul

Not really any reason - maybe sticking out bc things were weird with egos

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So.. that mafia kill pattern looks like it was longer time players targeting longer time players.
    Maybe kime, jpants, wildcat (?), ZH or even Gizzy (ZH and Gizzy have more pressing Megagame targets).

I'm happy with voting for Brody still.
    Or perhaps as well.

discrider on
  • Options
    Re austin:

Or they do have 2 kills but hit a guarded target or was roleblocked.

Or mafia 1 had 2 kills odd days and mafia 2 has 2 kills even days.

It's only been 1 day ... hard to wrap up what all mechanics are in play in one go.

Yeah, this is actually even scarier. If it's 4 kills a day....yikes.

Still, we'll see what's going on Day 2.

For now, I'm still comfortable with a Wildcat vote just because of the early day vote with no movement as Virgil started picking up steam, to join the Moridin bandwagon when it was already in the lead comfortably.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    LostNinja for no worse fault of being in the middle of the Morindin after claim wagon.

I could get behind this. Late on the Virgil bandwagon, then late(ish) on the Moridin bandwagon.

LostNinja

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    (ZH and Gizzy have more pressing Megagame targets).

Like ... auralynx? :p

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Are there conversions?

Clarification Denied

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    Preda wrote: »

I could get behind this. Late on the Virgil bandwagon, then late(ish) on the Moridin bandwagon.

LostNinja

My vote switch is what put Mordin in the lead so I at least wasn’t late on that one.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    That Moridin bandwagon took of really fast. I know it was day one, but still, worth looking in the middle of that.

Day 1 *and* to save a claimed special.

After virgil's reveal the votes for Moridin were:
    H3Knuckles
    discrider
    kime
    Egos
    Lost Ninja
    SegaTai
    Jpants
    Wildcat

No one on the list really jumps out at me and neither did any of their votes.

This statement seemed odd to me. It was a weird situation which does seem worth a closer examination. So saying none of those votes really stick out makes me think it’s a mafia ploy to appear village by defending a bunch of players they know are village.

That and the mafia targets implying a more experienced mafia makes me think Jpants is a good target.