As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] announces Taiko No Tatsujin for the switch

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    now that Hyper Light Drifter is coming to switch I feel confident in saying that they're definitely going to put the drifter in Smash

So who's higher tier between the Drifter and Shovel Knight

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    now that Hyper Light Drifter is coming to switch I feel confident in saying that they're definitely going to put the drifter in Smash

It would have to be the Drifter right?

Shovel Knight would be lower tier based mobility alone, unless the Drifter has no ups I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018

great question

gonna have to be the Drifter

higher speed on attack and dashing makes up for low walk speed and the fact that the immortal perfect cell tries to kill you every twenty seconds, and shovel knight's insane recovery and aerials aren't quite enough to compensate for their overall low damage and mediocre ground game

Shorty on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    A character being on a Nintendo system is only ehogh to elevate them above "not actually impossible". There are more than a few steps beteeen that and "likely".

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I think y'all underselling the mixup Shovel Knight has with the charge blade, the trench blade, and the fireball, and his Down-Aerial spiking is goign to be a problem for anybody given how strong his aerial game is. Get off the stage and he will end you

But we'll settle this when the time comes

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I just think Shovel Knight would be on the same tier as young/toon link and Drifter would probably be much more Fox like

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Shovel Knight will 100% be a playable character in Smash

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Put Vyse in Smash Bros, you cowards.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I really would like Shovel Knight to be in Smash. Their moveset and tools are basically already perfect

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wait was Shovel Knight not added to the last Smash as DLC or am I just remembering photoshopped jokes?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I still want Rayman

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Super Smash Mother 3

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Putting this on the record

My prediction is that they will announce Crash Bandicoot in Smash at E3

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I really would like Shovel Knight to be in Smash. Their moveset and tools are basically already perfect

This would cause me to actually take up Smash and practice.

Alternate outfit for him should be 8-bit Uncle Scrooge.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I also feel like Shovel Knight's chances are vastly overestimated.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wait was Shovel Knight not added to the last Smash as DLC or am I just remembering photoshopped jokes?

He got an amiibo, he did not get into Smash.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I could see Shovel Knight getting in

Definitely not the Drifter

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Personally I think if they’d include an indie character it’d be someone with historical significance, like Quote, kicking off the Japanese indie scene as well as the pixelated platformer trend

I said it in the other thread but including shovel knight would be a huge snub to wayforward/shantae, who’s been putting their games on Nintendo platforms since the gbc

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Xenoblade 2 end of chapter 3
    Vandham :bigfrown:

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Xenoblade 2 end of chapter 3
    Vandham :bigfrown:

Be sure to go back there when you can
    there's a good chest there

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    As soon as the cutscene ended i started running back up the stairs, i ain't no fool

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Cool cool

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Personally I think if they’d include an indie character it’d be someone with historical significance, like Quote, kicking off the Japanese indie scene as well as the pixelated platformer trend

I said it in the other thread but including shovel knight would be a huge snub to wayforward/shantae, who’s been putting their games on Nintendo platforms since the gbc

Thinking about it, last lead up to a smash game if you had asked wayforward about her in smash they’d respond and say to tell Nintendo, and they started a shantaeforsmash hashtag for the ballot

This time they’re not saying anything

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I don't particularly associate Shovel Knight with Nintendo, but then again, I didn't associate Snake or Cloud with Nintendo either.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I don't particularly associate Shovel Knight with Nintendo, but then again, I didn't associate Snake or Cloud with Nintendo either.

I mean, it's a third party game, but given that its entire design impetus was "Modern NES game" it's kind of implicitly linked to Nintendo in a way few other third parties are.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I associate shovel knight with nintendo because its a good 2D platformer

Nintendo just owns that entire category in my mind

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

I don't. The developers went out of their way to produce and distribute amiibo, and they obviously have an affection for Nintendo

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I want a grass starter for Smash, but Decidueye is the one I least want, but that's totally who we would get so I guess I don't want one.

The problem is that most grass pokemon aren't a body type that's easy to map fighting game moves onto.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I want a grass starter for Smash, but Decidueye is the one I least want, but that's totally who we would get so I guess I don't want one.

The problem is that most grass pokemon aren't a body type that's easy to map fighting game moves onto.

Chesnaught??????

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    How about Sceptile? Dude has some moves in Pokken.

• Options

Chesnaught??????

I said most!

Also I don't think anybody remembers Chesnaught. He's easily the least popular starter from that gen.

I mean, I love him! But I love almost all grass types so that don't count for much.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options

Chesnaught??????

I said most!

Also I don't think anybody remembers Chesnaught. He's easily the least popular starter from that gen.

I mean, I love him! But I love almost all grass types so that don't count for much.

Ugh, I hate the other two though.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Chesnaught??????

I said most!

Ugh, I hate the other two though.

Greninja is ok. Delphox is bleh.

Unfortunately for ol' Chesnaught, Braxien is super popular because they decided to basically make it a magical girl what is also a fox, and Greninja is a ninja who also was basically a DBZ character in the show.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Greninja wears its own tongue as a scarf, which immediately removes it from the list of things that are okay

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Braxien is neat in Pokken.

I wish Delphox got more play, though. The witch archetype is one that doesn't get nearly as much play as the magical girl I think. Especially not the not-a-crone-yet kinda design.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

They made pikachu work, though, and he’s just a discus with stubby legs and a tail.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Goku for Smash

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

They made pikachu work, though, and he’s just a discus with stubby legs and a tail.

Pikachu is an adorable lightning mouse!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The only thing that makes less sense to me than Smash talk is Smashamon talk.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    you’re all thinking too linear

put Miyamoto in Smash

This discussion has been closed.