As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steven Universe [PHALLA] Day 9: IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    (ZH and Gizzy have more pressing Megagame targets).

Like ... auralynx? :p

Well, I might have been expected to die instead of Egos at the very least :P

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I will vote for Wildcat.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Thinking that the mafia spaced out their votes, I'd say either time (who gets kicked off early often) or lostninja

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'll put one on cythraul.

Don't have much more than that, I've been running around all day taking care of my niece. If a better idea comes up, I'll switch.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I am voting for Wildcat], for the reasons that AustinP has noted. The lead was well exchanged by that point, so it just seems like a points winning vote switch.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Less than two hours till vote close!! Vote, PM, or do whatever!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Thinking that the mafia spaced out their votes, I'd say either time (who gets kicked off early often) or lostninja

Not sure I follow this JFP (yes i realize time = kime, still don't get your point)

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Less than two hours till vote close!! Vote, PM, or do whatever!!

Don't mind me, just gonna post some music then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPYLOL6s2K8

VayBJ4e.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Kime since I don't have any idea of anyone right now.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Vote count?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Ignore votecounts; Vote Brody

edited March 2018
    Otherwise it's Wildcat lots, others single votes I think.
    Wildcat is in the lead because bandwagoning day 1, and perhaps a bad enough dude to target Egos
    I don't know whether they play like that though.

discrider on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Caught up for today, don't have any particular hunch for wildcat or not - seems a little too easily pushed or no other name has risen to the top, leaving me suspicious of us actually being right.

I also don't put any weight into the idea that the mafia space their votes out on moving onto Moradin or early or late - ppl just vote when they have the chance.

So JusticeforPluto

PSN SeGaTai
    Less than an hour for votes and stuff!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Gizzy

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I'm not sure we're going to get much out of the flip to Moridin. It was basically everyone jumping in case Virgil was special as claimed.

Work has been crazy today, so probably won't be posting a vote record today. If no one has picked it up by tomorrow, I'll probably do it again (even though I keep telling myself not to).

We have two mafia "bubbles" (one of you show experts, explain that to me) and a SK "shatter" besides vote. I'm not seeing a Vig shot, so unless there's some sort of "even/odd/every other" day thing going on, we likely can't network around a Vig.

Bubbles would be the mafia aka the Crystal Gems (it's a kind of perpetual stasis they put their enemies' gems in after defeating them, rather than kill them).

Shatters (perma-death) could be either the gem monsters (2nd hostile group mentioned in narration), or us (the village, aka the homeworld gems). In this case, it's the monsters given the purple narration color (and note the vote is reported as a green shattering).

Could be the vig was one of the inactive players, or one of the casualties (on the assumption their action came later in the order of ops), or could have simply been hesitant to target anyone.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    I know I said two mafias yesterday but with those kills it seems more like the crystal gems are mafia and the gem monsters are a serial killer, maybe a serial duo if the plural definition isn't just fluff.

Of course I'll be eating crow if it turns out there are two gem monster kills and one just got guarded.

cB557 wrote: »
    Gizzy

cB557 for the one-word vote post.

And because I don't really have much to go on, but no real reason for the Wildcat vote.

Steam profile
    Also I had a job interview today and got distracted thinking about how it went after getting home instead of doing the obviously correct thing and immediately, exhaustively analyzing each and every post in the game and finding all the mafias, sorry folks.

Got 30 minutes now before close so maybe I'll come up with something.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sorry, was occupied with other things. Didn't start catching up till ~8pm EDT. Still mulling over who to vote for.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Yeah. I can still do cB557

Whom I was talking to Egos about yesterday, for context.
    Not that it matters at all at this point.

BTW If you, like me, are a sucker for character creators, here's a pretty elaborate one for making your own gem: http://www.dolldivine.com/gemsona-maker.php

camo_sig2-400.png
    I'll go with cB557, I can see a case for him being lore-helpful but not really pitching into the "who is mafia" conversation on day one, and a wordless vote post today.

Wildcat feels like a bored villager to me, I'd vouch for him more strongly than kime's "I see no reason" (and thus barely saving me from agreeing entirely with kime today :P)

edited March 2018
    So, I think there's like 5 for Wildcat, 3 for cB557, and 2 each for Cythraul, JPants, J4Pluto, and LostNinja?

Edit: 5 (-1=4 with Austin's switch below) for Wildcat, 4 (+1=5 with Austin's vote below)) for cB557, 3 for LostNinja, 2 each for a number of others. If

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I didn’t expect (and don’t like) the Wildcat bandwagon from my vote.

I also agree with a cB557 vote for one word vote as a better option than my casual Wildcat analysis.

Eh I guess cB557 to lock it in?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    So I guess it's cB557, now.

These last minute switches make me uneasy.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Wait what.

What is this bandwagon

Steam profile
    I have no idea, but needed to get a vote in before close.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Kime, you weren't just throwing your vote away right?
    :P

VayBJ4e.png
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    LostNinja is about to get shattered

This last minute bandwagon is suspicious

PSN SeGaTai
    aww yis competing bandwagons

@discrider when you said bandwagons are bad for the village (can't find the exact post you did), did you mean like, uncompetitive day one ones that all pile on one person?

Cause bandwagons are kind of a necessary part of the game, both in a overriding the mafia's ability to steer the vote and forcing people to put their money where their mouth is (super easy for mafioso to say they think a teammate of theirs is mafia, a lot harder for them to actually vote for them when it matters).

Wondering what point you were trying to make there, but more in a curious sense than a "this is suspicious, vote all discriders forever" sense.

VOTE CLOSE. Narration up soon!!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    LostNinja is about to get shattered

This last minute bandwagon is suspicious

Well that’s unfortunate...

Kime, you weren't just throwing your vote away right?
    :P

I was voting for someone who I thought made an unproductive vote, unhelpful to the village.

Then minutes before vote close, like four people hop on that? That's crazy

Steam profile
    I'm hoping for "panicked mafia leaping onto their teammate to look good" suspicious, but I suppose we all are.

allegedly

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Back from work trip! I'll be more active, sorry all. Not that I have much to add either way right now.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    aww yis competing bandwagons

@discrider when you said bandwagons are bad for the village (can't find the exact post you did), did you mean like, uncompetitive day one ones that all pile on one person?

Cause bandwagons are kind of a necessary part of the game, both in a overriding the mafia's ability to steer the vote and forcing people to put their money where their mouth is (super easy for mafioso to say they think a teammate of theirs is mafia, a lot harder for them to actually vote for them when it matters).

Wondering what point you were trying to make there, but more in a curious sense than a "this is suspicious, vote all discriders forever" sense.

Yeah, I feel like a day 1 single bandwagon just leads to Day 2 - "The day that is the same as Day 1 but the mafia got to kill some dudes".
    Competing bandwagons at least generate discussion and vote action.

♪ ♫ I'm a dime , I'm fine
    And I shiiiiiiine ♪ ♫

VayBJ4e.png
    I think my comment might have been around ties being good rather than single bandwagons being bad.
    But potato potato