As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX XP

MegaFerret777MegaFerret777 Achievement get: Nintendork for 10+ yearsUSARegistered User new member
OK so I've heard about this thing called PAX XP, and I was curious to find out what it was. I looked on google, and info on the entire event is scarce. Can someone clarify what it is here? I really want to give it a try.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    It is essentially a story scavenger hunt. There's a story broken into several pieces, each piece unlocked by visiting the standup kiosks scattered throughout the building in the somewhat-correct order (there's 10 total parts: 3 tiers of 3 then the finale; you can scan the 3 in a tier in any order, but if you try to scan above the tier you're on it'll tell you) and scanning the barcode on your badge. Once you have gotten scanned at the final station and unlocked the full story, you receive a prize.

Source: I'll be one of the people giving out the prize.

(Yes, that is a hint)

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Ive never been able to get them all. Maybe this time around i can get it.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    RedK232 wrote: »
    Ive never been able to get them all. Maybe this time around i can get it.
    Ditto. I'm hoping having two energetic teens in tow with me this year will force me to do more things like PAX XP.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    What was the prize last year?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Fidget spinner

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    The prize is super meh. The fun is in trying to find them all. However, those scanning kiosks they set up created crazy long lines to the point where I no longer care to look up PAX XP anymore. It was more fun when you just had to use the app to scan the QR codes. I just hate lines with a passion and am not going to wait 15 minutes per scan. That's just me.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    To be clear, PAX XP is both the story scavenger hunt (which is called PAX Arcadia) and the prize towers that are simple scan and (hopefully) win instantly. The super long lines are often the prize towers, which you don't need for the scavenger hunt.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    To be clear, PAX XP is both the story scavenger hunt (which is called PAX Arcadia) and the prize towers that are simple scan and (hopefully) win instantly. The super long lines are often the prize towers, which you don't need for the scavenger hunt.
    Huh... a product of seeing a line and saying "NOOOOOOOOPE" without any investigation... now I feel dumb.

Thanks for the info!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    silentFIGUREsilentFIGURE PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Beker wrote: »
    Huh... a product of seeing a line and saying "NOOOOOOOOPE" without any investigation... now I feel dumb.

Thanks for the info!

Haha I would have done the same thing... long line= no thanks

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So the 2 XP Kiosks (One on Expo floor and one near the Bumblebee Theater) to win an actual prize seemed to move fast as they had 2 scan points on each one. I HIGHLY suggest going early to see if you win as they shut them down around 6pm. The one On the Expo floor was also out of prizes as well it seemed. No idea when that happened as I noticed it after the floor closed. The Bumblebee one was closed when I got there but looked to still have prizes in it. I'm sure it's restocked each day though.

The 9 XP kiosks to complete the puzzle to get the prize are fairly easy to find (I am missing one still) They all look the same but they are a pain to see as there are no markers on them to make them stand out from anything or from a crowd. They could use a flag or something on them or paint them orange.

There is a Kiosk near the PAX Info booth near main entrance kinda hidden on the left side that can check your status on how many more you need. A bit behind that and to the left near the Expo hall entrance is the PAX XP Info booth.

If you are using an Android phone the PAX XP part barely works. I was told it is an issue with Androids. To see the story that you are collecting you can use the link you will get in an email after you scan your first XP point. Also there was a huge delay on it registering kiosk scans. It took about an hour for me to see the scans on their website.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    So I'm missing a node which is apparently on expo floor somewhere. Anyone remember seeing one ?

• Options
    As stated above, the station in Expo was a prize station, not an XP station. All of the XP stations were in hallways and completely accessible after Expo close.