As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2018 BYOC Megathread (Group Seating Edition)

AsmerAsmer [E] East/West PC Sec ManagerSan Francisco, CARegistered User regular
edited March 2018 in PAX East
Hello all!

I'm Asmer, I've been running BYOC Check-In/Security at East for the last few years, and I imagine most of you folks who are return BYOC attendees have met me in passing at least.

Anyway, BYOC GROUP SEATING!

We're running a week or five behind, but that can't be a shock to anyone and it's not going to faze you now, will it? The deal is pretty much the same as last year and every PAX before. Check out the details below and get those requests in! Last year we had a packed house and we unfortunately had to split up some (many) groups that did not register (tsk tsk), so I highly advise that if you have a group to send in a request. If you don't, my Enforcers and I will do our best, but there are only so many seats!

I also want to point out that we will again have the PC Mod showcase, which sits right inside the main BYOC entrance, so if you have an awesome rig that you think will make people crowd around and snap pictures, send me some pics (OF YOUR RIG), and if we fall in love (or just lust) we will grant you one of these spots.

Group Seating Details:
  • GROUP SEATING OPEN DATE: TODAY!
  • GROUP SEATING CLOSE DATE: 4/1/2018!

Group Seating Requirements:
  • Your party is considered a group if you have SIX or more people.
  • Groups must pre-register seating assignments prior to PAX, or else seats will be based on first come, first served availability.
  • Requests are taken on a first come, first served basis.
  • Passes for ALL 4 days of PAX! (recommended to maximize fun, but not a hard requirement)
  • If you have multiple BYOC badges, those count as seats (group members) so if you have 6 BYOC passes in your "group" (regardless the number of physical bodies) you qualify for group seating.

To request group seating, use the seating chart below to choose your seats and email pax_pc at paxsite dot com

Please include the following information when requesting:
  • Group Name
  • Number of People
  • Handles for Each Person
  • Desired Location

**** SEATING CHART ****

Group Preregistration:

Once you have sent that in, you may then move on to getting ready for group preregistration.

At this PAX East we’re going to try something we trialed at West last year to try and cut down on the amount of time it takes groups to check in for the BYOC area. If you’ve been coming for a while, you’ve probably noticed us changing things up and trying to get you folks in faster, and this is the next step.

We’re going to allow groups to pre-register and pick specific seats before you get to PAX.

Now, this process will be completely optional, and not every person in your group will be required to do it, but I highly recommend it. We’ll be setting up an “express lane” for members of groups that have taken advantage of this process. You’ll be able to pretty much flash an ID, show us your BYOC badge, get your labels printed, and move on to your seats.

What do you need to take advantage of this sweet new express lane? I just need you to talk with the members of your group and have everyone pick their seats in advance (within the area you've already reserved when you sent in the email above!) so you don’t have to figure it out when you get to PAX.

Once you all pick your seats, you’ll need to send me the following information for each group member:
  • Full Name
  • Handle
  • Phone Number
  • BYOC Badge Number (It should be both on the front and back of the badge)
  • Seat Choice
  • Expected Equipment that they’ll be checking in (e.g. “Sony Laptop”, “Black ASUS Tower”, “26-inch Monitor”)
Send that off to me for as many members of your group that you can manage, and I’ll confirm that they are set for prereg.

You can even *make a copy* of this handy Google sheet, fill it in, and send it back to me
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16AWCr2q8vn6JY8wWV4XEnyJfG7HZPbSuqqwE6I4-oKo/edit
  • PREREGISTRATION OPEN DATE: TODAY!
  • PREREGISTRATION SOFT CLOSE DATE: 4/3/2018!

There's not a hard deadline to this, but if you wait till the last minute the odds are not great that we'll be able to get it all set up for you (and I’ll be onsite and probably out relaxing the night before), so try and get this done ASAP!

My email is paxasmer -at- gmail -dot- com

Feel free to shoot me any questions if you have them.

[E] Asmer, PC Security Manager (East/West)

SLjJ1Jb.png
Asmer on

• TheYimTheYim Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Requesting Clarification

Do you have a Seat Layout that we can choose from? Not seeing any pictures attached liked previous years.

Side note: Requesting Badge ID... The two BYOC's I have are blank under BYOC with no number like previous years had. Missprints this year?

# is missing. However the QR codes on each bag return what appears to be a unique number. So that's good atleast.

TheYim on
  • AsmerAsmer [E] East/West PC Sec Manager San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Updated with chart, because it was late and I forgot to add it :smile:

SLjJ1Jb.png
  • JDiToJDiTo Registered User new member
    To further add to clarification requests:

If I'm going to be bringing myself and two or three other people, are we able to pre-choose seats or does that only apply to the "group" status of six or more?

This is my first year getting seating for myself and some friends so I want to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible, ya know.

• CorleyCorley Registered User regular
    You need to have 6 people to do seating sign ups. Any less and you will have to wait until the checking. That's how it's work in the past, at least.

• AsmerAsmer [E] East/West PC Sec Manager San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    JDiTo wrote: »
    To further add to clarification requests:

If I'm going to be bringing myself and two or three other people, are we able to pre-choose seats or does that only apply to the "group" status of six or more?

This is my first year getting seating for myself and some friends so I want to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible, ya know.

Need to be 6+, but you should be fine if you guys can get there earlyish Thurs/Fri

SLjJ1Jb.png
    Clarification on the process.

Step 1: Email pax_pc at paxsite dot com with your seat request, I will send you back a confirmation once I've reserved your seats (and the chart will update)
    Step 2: After you get seats confirmed, email me ( paxasmer -at- gmail) the sheet.
    Step 3: Profit!

SLjJ1Jb.png
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    Whats the process for the case mod table? I got a decent size one this year.
    HFocKWQ.png

thorkon wrote: »
    Whats the process for the case mod table? I got a decent size one this year.
    Shoot me an email at paxasmer at gmail. I'll get you sorted.

SLjJ1Jb.png
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    email has been shot

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    email for my group request has been sent. Holding off until I get the confirmation before I fire off the pre-reg.

JfqWFk8.png
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Should we be getting some sort of confirmation of the pre-reg?

JfqWFk8.png
    Everyone should have gotten confirmations, sorry it was a long weekend and had a queue to get through this morning.

If you've not heard back on anything email me asap at paxasmer@gmail

SLjJ1Jb.png