As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2018 Parties & Community Events

2»

• Options
    beibeenbeibeen Registered User regular
    Guild Wars Community Event
    "Join us at Lucky’s Lounge on Saturday for a fun community meet-up! We’ll have food, drinks, and raffles, and it’s a great opportunity to chat with devs and fellow fans."
    The event will run from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Eastern Time (UTC-4) on Saturday, April 7.
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/guild-wars-2-community-party-tickets-44273593510?internal_ref=login

vMfjFt9.png
  • Options
    starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    beibeen wrote: »
    "Join us at Lucky’s Lounge on Saturday for a fun community meet-up! We’ll have food, drinks, and raffles, and it’s a great opportunity to chat with devs and fellow fans."
    The event will run from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Eastern Time (UTC-4) on Saturday, April 7.
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/guild-wars-2-community-party-tickets-44273593510?internal_ref=login

Signed up! Thanks for posting the link, I've been waiting to see what their after party was

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    hendusoonehendusoone Registered User regular
    beibeen wrote: »
    Oof, totally missed that sign-up. Hopefully I'll manage to get in at the door!

8hiRK4y.png
  • Options
    DorksmetalDorksmetal Ann ArborRegistered User regular
    Still no Harmonix party?

• Options
    djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    Dorksmetal wrote: »
    Still no Harmonix party?

Nothing on their social media that I've seen

MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Still no Harmonix party?

So sad! Usually they post tickets 3 weeks before Pax so at this point maybe they aren't doing one this year :(

• Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Still no Harmonix party?

No Harmonix party according to their community manager.

twitter.com/Nick_Mudry/status/977985057011982336

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    Still no Harmonix party?

No Harmonix party according to their community manager.

twitter.com/Nick_Mudry/status/977985057011982336

That sucks...

Also, added the Pokecrawl info.

MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    ToucansToucans New EnglandRegistered User regular
    wow really surprised that no harmonix party this year.

Not many other big Saturday night parties announces so far either. Must be a low key year for a lot of the companies.

• Options
    CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Toucans wrote: »
    wow really surprised that no harmonix party this year.

Not many other big Saturday night parties announces so far either. Must be a low key year for a lot of the companies.

Most Boston companies are hurting a bit - it has not been a good year for the Boston game dev scene.

e2TtnRd.png
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    The Harmonix party at the Hard Rock last year was amazing, sad they wont have one this year. I believe someone in my group is bringing Dropmix though, anyone wanna do some sort of Brewery/Dropmix takeover?

• Options
    Added Overwatch League Viewing Party, see https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21659397

MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    + 2 events: Collegiate Meetup (4/7) & Troy & Skid GCP Fan Meetup (4/6)

MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    Added the Pre-Pax Dinner Lite event.

MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    ervtronervtron PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I see that theres an overwatch viewing party for the matches this weekend, anyone know if theres anything similar happening for the league of legends matches happening saturday evening? I cant seem to find anything and it doesn't look like theres anything official from Riot.

• Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    What’s up for Saturday night? What’s everyone doing?

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Big shout out to all the forum folk I ended up seeing at the Acer party. Like the past few years it was a ton of fun with all y'all and I look forward to doing it again next year! Thanks for the good times!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Bethesda Game Day was a blast, especially if you had registered/were VIP.

Gray wristband got you two free drinks of your choice and a Bethesda Game Day shirt. There was also free food/desserts, so that worked out well.

Playing Quake Champions - first place in your playgroup won you a Quake scarf. Demoing the other games got you some other swag: Wolfenstein II got you a deck of Wolfenstein II playing cards, ESO Legends got you some gloves, ESO Online got you an ESO beanie. I was able to easily get one of each, so that was a nice little haul of loot.

What worked out really nicely, was that when our drink tickets ran out, we asked one of the staff members if it was possible to have a couple more. They were very nice and hooked us up with several more, so my friends and I each ended up with about 6 drinks a piece.

Very enjoyable experience, especially since it was off the Expo Hall floor, and we were staying at the Westin, so it was easy enough to go back up to our room/back down at our leisure.

pelicanflip on