As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Achievement Unlocked] Bleep Bloop

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    which GTA V achievement are you talking about?

From True Achievements:
    Bounties are currently disabled by Rockstar due to exploits, preventing the Run Like the Wind achievement from being unlocked via legitimate means.
    - Modded lobbies exist where bounties can be placed (Currently locked), and Reputation Points (RP) and money can be granted. Take precautions to prevent others from modifying your profile and unlocking achievements illegitimately.

You have to survive a certain amount of time with a bounty placed on you.

Like with GTAIV, I'd like to get all the achievements. But it really is a griefer's paradise and that sucks any possible fun to be had outside of partying up and going to town.

I thing there are some GTAO achievements I can get solo, but I'm not thinking about it at the moment.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    oh, I got that automatically with the re-release migration so I forgot all about those.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    And now I've beaten Martian Memorandum in one sitting.

Though I had beaten it before like a decade ago.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I found an interesting stats page on TrueAchievements showing my best days, as measured by most "TrueAchievement" points.

tuAqKv1.jpg

I'm amused that my second best day consisted of only two achievements. Both were from beating ClusterTruck.

Yeah, my “best day” is from just 1 achievement: The Complete Package in Dance Central Spotlight. It’s 100gs and it has a ratio of 13.48, so that alone is enough to top my own leaderboard.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Booted up Life is Strange - Before the Storm a couple of days ago, got 1000/1000 today, being sick meant I could really focus on it, great little game.

I have 79/80 achievements in FFXV.

Of these, 5 of them are disproportionately harder than the rest, Yet the one random encounter achievement which some people get in their very first mission is the one I'm missing... Even though I've done everything more than twice over in that DLC (Comrades)

Sirialis on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I got all the trophies for Mutant Mudds Super Challenge.

That wasn't fun to do at all. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Well, I can knock one ancient game off my backlog.

I had beaten Martian Memorandum, Under a Killing Moon, and Pandora Directive long ago. And I got like 80% through Overseer. But I never really played Mean Streets.

I just beat it in one very long 10 hour sitting.

That's pretty awesome!!

Fun fact: I accidentally played through the first six hours in monochrome because I misread the first menu. Also, I beat it with no hints. It's wasn't exactly brutally difficult, but there was a lot of olden style note taking (which I did with Excel because I didn't really have any looseleaf around).

And I mean a fucking fuckton of note-taking.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Got 2 easy Platinums last week, Deponia which is a modern old school adventure game and Psycho Pass which is a visual novel. I would never pay for games like that but if Sony wants to give me then for free I will take the easy trophies.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    I retailed GTA V on the Xbox One and now with the exception of the heist stuff I think I'm done with the title. But I only have like 2mil on my GTA O character and no real desire to farm or buy enough money for the heist missions... so I think I'm going to call it there and free the space on my HD.

Also been playing through The Technomancer, which has been sitting on my HD forever.

I evidently forgot that I need to do the Breach junk for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, along with the permadeath playthrough... which I'm kind of meh about. And I need to do the DLC for that game... though I"ve kind of wound up alternating between Techmancer and The Division. I think I'm going to try and do the DZ extraction achievement this weekend. still not keen on killing rogues though. also maybe do a challenging mission as for some reason I still haven't done one. I think they used to turn into farming forever on that one stage so I couldn't MM one up.

Is there anyone here who has Just Cause 3 on the PS4? I need someone who can help me get the trophy where I complete challenge that I was called out on.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Ok, so I finally got the platinum for Rayman Legends. Getting that last level of awesomeness trophy by grinding the daily challenges for close to a year was one of the worst things I've ever done. It drove me to hate the game and I'll never ever play it again. God what a slog! :(

Also, no one with Just Cause 3 that can help me out? :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Sorry, not here. Good job on the plat though!

Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Ok, so I finally got the platinum for Rayman Legends. Getting that last level of awesomeness trophy by grinding the daily challenges for close to a year was one of the worst things I've ever done. It drove me to hate the game and I'll never ever play it again. God what a slog! :(

Also, no one with Just Cause 3 that can help me out? :(

Send me a friend request, psn same as here. I will have to download it so it may take a day or two.

Thanks @furlion! I sent you a request.

In other news, I got the platinum for Cosmic Star Heroine today. The game was a decent throwback RPG. Enjoyed most of it.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Thanks furlion! I sent you a request.

In other news, I got the platinum for Cosmic Star Heroine today. The game was a decent throwback RPG. Enjoyed most of it.
    In case you didn't know, CSH was made by long-time PA Forumers RainbowDespair and slash000 (who is also slightly internet famous for his Duke Nukem Forever preorder).

@Brainiac 8 I just called you out. Will leave it installed in case you need me to pick something else but let me know when you are done so I can delete it. Monster hunter comes soon!

I need to actually complete and delete Ryse from my xbox One's drive, anybody have the game feel like doing some Gladiator so I can push a bunch of guys into spikes to 100% the game?

@ me. THx!

furlion wrote: »

@Brainiac 8 I just called you out. Will leave it installed in case you need me to pick something else but let me know when you are done so I can delete it. Monster hunter comes soon!

@furlion I'll check it out tonight and let you know. Thanks for helping me out!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Got my platinum on the first season of the Telltale Batman. The story was interesting, but does it seem that Telltale has turned their games from actual adventure games to Sega CD-ish button prompt games? Easy platinum though.

@furlion I got the trophy! Thanks for helping me out with that!

I tried to call you out on something for that achievement, but I cannot find out how to look at my feats. I must be missing something but I can't find a way to look at that stupid list. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Got my platinum on the first season of the Telltale Batman. The story was interesting, but does it seem that Telltale has turned their games from actual adventure games to Sega CD-ish button prompt games? Easy platinum though.

Furlion I got the trophy! Thanks for helping me out with that!

I tried to call you out on something for that achievement, but I cannot find out how to look at my feats. I must be missing something but I can't find a way to look at that stupid list. :(

I think you go to leaderboards then challenges then pick one and press square or triangle.

The Microsoft solitaire collection has the most grueling achievements... 31 days of daily challenges, and the win 10 version uses the cloud and requires you to be online in order to access daily challenges.

I like solitaire, but they truly managed to turn into something terribly boring. ugh... just... ugh.

My dear trophy hunters and achievement hounds, it is worth great sorrow I must announce a short sabbatical. Monster hunter world arrives soon and with it goes multiple hundreds of hours of my life. Fear not, I shall claim its platinum trophy like the rest, but in doing so will merely heighten my thirst.

I do actually have 3 different sub 10 hour Platinums I could knock out while I play monster hunter. My vita shall be my platinum savior.

edited January 2018
    Being that Monster Hunter has Xbox 360 JRPG tier achievements, you'll still be on the hunt... forever.

At least they say "Almost every <thing>" though, lol.

tastydonuts on
    Being that Monster Hunter has Xbox 360 JRPG tier achievements, you'll still be on the hunt... forever.

At least they say "Almost every <thing>" though, lol.

I was looking at the list and am betting 200 or less if you are coming in a veteran.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Finished XCOM 2 War of the Chosen expansion.

XCOM 2 1520/1520.

Definitely one of the hardest games I ever managed to get all the achievements in.

Sirialis on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MARVEL Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 for 360 and the bundle for X1 will be on sale this week. And, at least for the 360, are now the only ways to get the DLC and thus the extra achievements.

Neat. Just checked and I actually completed MUA2 on the 360? looks like I snagged the DLC when they offered it in 2016 though. Good stuff.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    100% completion of Trials Fusion. This was a nightmare at times and definitely one of the hardest accomplishments I've ever managed.

qOZv8AB.jpg

The hardest achievement is "Is There Anything You Can't Do?". There are 120 challenges in the game and a few particular ones are brutal. It has a 0.03% unlock rate on XBL but should be even lower than that. The achievement is exploitable through offline mode and save deletion shenanigans so a lot of people just cheated to get it.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Congrats on a legit completion!

I see those games and wonder why we can't have a legit trials riding game.

edited March 2018
    Man, can I just say that I really, really dislike competitive multiplayer achievements that are built around anything but hard objectives in the games.

I especially dislike the ones that require you to actively work against your team, or feel that they are working against you to complete it. I should not feel "hey my teammates just stopped me from getting a multikill." It's so dumb... they're so dumb.

even worse are the ones that require you to do things in ranked environments, because they get progressively out of your hands to do.

tastydonuts on
    I am still unhappy with Ticket to Ride...

wow that achievement list looks frustrating.

also that secret achievement... haha... wow.

I think the only one I need from the base game is win 25 ranked games.

Now, you can get matched in ranked games against friends to intentionally throw games. But you can't get matched in ranked games with people on your friends list. It's a pain to set up.

Plus, there really aren't that many people playing anymore. So the ones who are are really good at it. And that was five years ago.

I think I have seven total ranked wins. And only like three were from boosting.

When I see games that require ranked wins, I give TtR the sideeye.

Fun enough game. Shit achievements.

edited March 2018
    Multiplayer achievements... bleh.

IDK, kind of in a rut progression wise. Really want to get that stupid penta-kill achievement in Gigantic, which I need to get to level 100 on any way but it's so annoying. It can be boosted, and I may just end up doing it that way since it's basically just luck and bs just to get it. The entire opposing team has to be close enough together to chain the kills. You have to land the killing blow before your teammates do. It's the most bullshit multiplayer achievement I've run into since the "I Killed Them All" achievement in Titanfall - you had to get the kill credit for enemy pilots yourself before they escape after winning a match. Which is basically what you have to do here.

While I have until July to try and get it legit, it annoys me greatly.

edit: Also, Gears of War 4 has reached 3000 gamerscore and 134 achievements now...

edit2: the more I try to get the penta, the more I realize why I played Gigantic less and less...

tastydonuts on
    edited March 2018
    12 levels to go in Gigantic before hitting 100... still no penta.

However, I've made progress in another old game, Defiance. I only have to run over 15 more players in pvp that features opponents who've literally been playing this game for the past 5 years.

Anybody still have Ryse installed? I only need one achievement in that game and I can actually complete/remove it from my HD.

edit: I have to run over somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-3 players at this point. must... persevere.

edit2: So, Defiance, which I started back in May 2014 has now been completed. Was kind of in rut as I couldn't finish running dudes over earlier - couldn't find the vehicle on the map, and the opponents were hardcore (the gear gap in Defiance is huge, and optimization of pvp is the endgame) but I figured I'd just give it a go anyway and it popped. while celebrating my freedom from pvp, mentioned I still needed the clan achievements and one of the leaders of a clan was nice enough to let me in his clan, and so those popped and I'm done that game's achievements. Still going to play a little because there's stuff added in for the sequel/reboot though, and actually being in a clan could help that along... But that really made my night/early morning.

tastydonuts on
    Trying to work through the stunt jumps in GTAV...
    These aren't very much fun, so far.

I am still in the thrall of monster hunter but I did set aside a few hours to knock out the platinum in Rime. Very pretty, simple, and fun game with a twist that comes like a knife to the gut. Was not expecting to be nearly in tears. Highly recommend if you can get it or have it in your backlog. Monster hunter is probably going to be woven in between other smaller games since it looks like with the random nature of the hunts the platinum time is going to be 300+ and I am not prepared to do that all at once.

edited March 2018
    Firstly, this was in my draft for this thread from uh... early last week? I forgot when I completed the game but:

So, Defiance, which I started back in May 2014 has now been completed. Was kind of in rut as I couldn't finish running dudes over earlier - couldn't find the vehicle on the map, and the opponents were diehards (the gear gap in Defiance is huge) but I figured I'd just give it a go anyway and it popped. while celebrating my freedom from pvp, mentioned I still needed the clan achievements and one of the leaders of a clan was nice enough to let me in his clan, and so those popped and I'm done that game's achievements. Still going to play because there's stuff added in for the sequel/reboot though. But that really made my night.

That said, I'm up to level 93 in Gigantic, popped a few more achievements in DW 9, need to knock off some in Monster Hunter World that I just haven't felt like doing (crafting mostly), and maybe do some AoT stuff this week... should be interesting.

tastydonuts on
    So I am slowly grinding away at Just Cause 3 in my God the number and Ridiculousness of the challenges is going to make me hate the game by the end of it.

I would say that the fact that the game is mostly just taking out one settlement just to go take out 50 more would get old but you forget how monotonous it is when you make things go boom. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!