As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

What a bummer, I actually liked it a lot.

Mainstream =/= Youtube Red. That's too bad.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I don't need another paid subscription service. Sorry YT Red, you just don't make the cut.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I don't need another paid subscription service. Sorry YT Red, you just don't make the cut.

Seriously of all the services available, YTR is the last that i'd pay for. I hope this shows YouTube that since the grumps fanbase is fairly substantial and if even they couldn't pull it off then they need to rework the service.

I hope the episodes find a home on the grumps channel or something.

steam_sig.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Why oh why was there never an animated for this series?

https://youtu.be/rOFMsR0dgUI

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The real benefit of YouTube Red is background play. Original content is something for them to throw stacks of their money at instead if fixing their busted algorithms.

We’ve got Netflix and Amazon Video, which comes from Prime, so basically every other service has got to bring something unique to the table or it ain’t happening. Haven’t had PS+ or XBL in forever and Nintendo will probably be out of luck too.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    I'm not a huge fan of the whole "frustration" genre of games like "Getting Over It" and "Trap Adventure" and sure, it's funny to watch Arin rage over it. But I can't see how anyone can play this game on a mobile device without a controller. I mean, Arin's doing a hell of a job, considering how tough that game must be to control.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The real benefit of YouTube Red is background play. Original content is something for them to throw stacks of their money at instead if fixing their busted algorithms.

Offline Play is a definite godsend, especially when you work at somewhere that doesn't have WiFI on your lunch breaks. Worth it just for that for me.

I don't think I've ever actually watched any of the original content.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I definitely wouldn't play it, but I absolutely love watching it get played, especially speed runs. Check out some of the speed run marathon (GDQs usually) runs of Jungle Kid, I Wanna Be the Guy/Boshi/etc., the various Kaizo Marios that exist. They're all highly entertaining.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular

I had a free year of Red and liked that feature, also no ads. I was then mugged and decided to root my phone so I could install Cerberus on my rom (So it won't be deleted even after a wipe). Rooting my phone gave me the option to install a custom YT app that blocks ads and lets me play stuff the background. Whoops.

Lucky you since they started rolling out double ads now. One that's 15s followed immediately by one that's 2 minutes.

steam_sig.png
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Lucky you since they started rolling out double ads now. One that's 15s followed immediately by one that's 2 minutes.

Youtube runs ads? Sometimes I forget about my ad blocker.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

My phone reminds me all the time. "Damn, I wish I weren't seeing this ad right now."

• ZythonZython Registered User regular

But...there's literally no reason that shouldn't be a basic feature of the app.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

My phone reminds me all the time. "Damn, I wish I weren't seeing this ad right now."

I kinda love the weird ad evolution on phone YouTube ads.

First, we got the ability to skip some ads after 5 seconds.

Then,we got ads imploring is not to skip after the first 5 seconds.

Then, we got ads that are 4.99 seconds long.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    HOO BOY Danny said something in today's MM episode that he did not want getting out there.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    HOO BOY Danny said something in today's MM episode that he did not want getting out there.

The thing they bleeped?

Sure, let's wildly speculate.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I mean, it sounds like you can hear an F sound before the bleep. There aren't many bleepable F words referring to a person to choose from, it feels like it could be pretty easy to deduce what he said.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I challenge anyone to record themselves for hundreds of hours and never accidentally say something offensive in some fashion, we all know Danny is a sweet person and doesn't want to put more negative energy out there.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I'm not suggesting like "screw Danny!" or anything. I just love the guessing game for the sake of it.

It's like the season 4 finale of Venture Bros.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh I'm quite enjoying this Trap Adventure video.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    he said figaro

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    He said flagellum. Which is almost as bad as calling someone a mahogany table.

steam_sig.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I challenge anyone to record themselves for hundreds of hours and never accidentally say something offensive in some fashion, we all know Danny is a sweet person and doesn't want to put more negative energy out there.

While I get where you're coming from, it's really not difficult to avoid saying insanely offensive words. I've been on thousands of hours of calls with customers, etc and have managed to avoid saying anything that is racially, sexually, or otherwisely charged. While I'm not saying Danny should be reprimanded these things typically don't come spewing out of people's mouths unless they routinely say these things.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Those calls sound like a laugh riot

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I blame Arin for ruining my sense of humor some times. Randomly, I'll think of 'Ehy Peter, can I borrow your Ehy Peter..." and just laugh to myself at my desk, making me look like (more of) a crazy person.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Sometimes I'll think of Milton's Miltons or that funny voice he used in Endless Ocean and burst out laughing. Like, in traffic and stuff...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Incoming message from the Department of Awwwwwwww.

Brian is legit a great father.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll think of Milton's Miltons or that funny voice he used in Endless Ocean and burst out laughing. Like, in traffic and stuff...

"Goh to main menue, load up yerr game... Get a big boh-ner"

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Incoming message from the Department of Awwwwwwww.

Brian is legit a great father.

Wait, how did she draw a picture of the singularity?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    probably with crayon

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    So this House Party game is definitely a Doki Doki situation, isn't it.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Yeah I feel like the only way this becomes interesting is if it suddenly turns into a slasher.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Yeah I feel like the only way this becomes interesting is if it suddenly turns into a slasher.

Yeah, the combination of the vaguely unsettling art, the creepy rocking chair room, the ubiquitous closets, the unsettling emptiness of the house at first...all my alarm bells are ringing, and I can't wait to see Dan's reaction when whatever happens, happens.

Arin knows. He fucking knows.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    After DDLC Dan will always be suspicious enough to know.

WACriminal wrote: »
    Kadoken wrote: »

Yeah, the combination of the vaguely unsettling art, the creepy rocking chair room, the ubiquitous closets, the unsettling emptiness of the house at first...all my alarm bells are ringing, and I can't wait to see Dan's reaction when whatever happens, happens.

Arin knows. He fucking knows.

I feel like that's where it's going, too.

But if it turns out to be a horrible, no-good, T&A-fueled bro simulator, well, that's gonna be pretty funny for them, too.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    So this House Party game is definitely a Doki Doki situation, isn't it.

You're saying it's time to panic?

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Spoiler Alert: House Party is just a janky "sex" game. Don't get your hopes up for a DDLC situation.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Spoiler Alert: House Party is just a janky "sex" game. Don't get your hopes up for a DDLC situation.

Boo, oh well. I'm sure they'll have a good time with it.

Boo, oh well. I'm sure they'll have a good time with it.

Derek? DEREK?

This discussion has been closed.