As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scythe PbF: (Post WWI Terra Mytica)

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Objectives and combat cards dealt out. Remember you can only claim ONE of the objectives for a star (Saxon may claim both).

@brody to start. Play then goes clockwise.

MrBody on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    Objectives and combat cards dealt out. Remember you can only claim ONE of the objectives for a star (Saxon may claim both).

?
    My player mat has the lowest number on it, which seems to indicate that I go first..

discrider on
    So, based on my number:
    I'm going to Produce and get a dude and a metal

After which it looks like mindflare is next, unless @MrBody disagrees

discrider wrote: »

?
    My player mat has the lowest number on it, which seems to indicate that I go first..

My mistake. I was going by the state number Tabletop Simulator had each mat other. Didn't realize it didn't match up with the printed number.

Yes, @mindflare77 and the Crimea Khanate go next.

?

My mistake. I was going by the state number Tabletop Simulator had each mat other. Didn't realize it didn't match up with the printed number.

Yes, mindflare77 and the Crimea Khanate go next.

Yeah, it looks like the main difference between the boards is a slight difference in the starting coin/power/popularity totals which are to offset the turn order.
    Otherwise they seem much the same

?

Yeah, it looks like the main difference between the boards is a slight difference in the starting coin/power/popularity totals which are to offset the turn order.

The differences are all on the bottom actions. The big differences are the upgrade opportunities (some let you reduce bottom action costs all the way down to 1; some don't let you reduce them at all) and the coin reward. Different mats give different coin rewards for the bottom actions. Obviously it's preferable to get as many of the high-paying bottom actions as possible.

Periodically check back on the "stuff to remember" section in the OP. Adding stuff there all the time for easily missed stuffed for new players.

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Move both meeples to the mountain.

Then I think that it's @Preda, if I'm not mistaken.

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    edited March 2018

My eyes!

Goldenrod works a lot better on this white background.

MrBody on

My eyes!

Goldenrod works a lot better on this white background.

Fixed it! My bad.

8BFpSWC.png

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Any suggetions on color I could use? Faction color appears to be white...which I don't think anybody wants. :)

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I want that, all of your text looks white to me.

Maybe bold black.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Brody wrote: »
    I want that, all of your text looks white to me.

Maybe bold black.

Bold black would be Preda though :P

No one has green?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited March 2018
    Periodically check back on the "stuff to remember" section in the OP. Adding stuff there all the time for easily missed stuffed for new players.

(I think:
    Anything can move resources, not just mechs. Mechs are the only unit that can move workers
    Occupying the same territory as an enemy structure only denies use when it is a mill (although perhaps you can feed resources to an enemy, just no-one ever wants to? nope) or obviously a mine, because you would have to attack the occupying opponent first)

discrider on
    May have missed something, but should my Enlist action have one of the resource costs blocked out?

edited March 2018
    I think one mat had a piece out of place.
    Yeah. That Enlist round peg thing should be covering the combat card in the bottom right corner of your mat's Enlist action, rather than the first resource cost box as it is now.

discrider on
    edited March 2018
    That’s what I was thinking. That peg is what moves to the faction mat when the enlist action is moved right?

AustinP0027 on
    Yes.
    Giving you a one-time bonus from whatever you cover up on the faction mat, and in this case one combat card each time the Enlist action is taken by you or your neighbours

Woohoo! I can read the rules correctly!

Woohoo! I can read the rules correctly!

Hey! We both could be wrong yet...

I'm surprised that MrBody was able to make that round peg fit in a square hole.

fixed Polania mat

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Trade. Spend 1 Gold to get 2 oil on my tundra.

?

The differences are all on the bottom actions. The big differences are the upgrade opportunities (some let you reduce bottom action costs all the way down to 1; some don't let you reduce them at all) and the coin reward. Different mats give different coin rewards for the bottom actions. Obviously it's preferable to get as many of the high-paying bottom actions as possible.

The road to victory in this game is specializzation and sinergy. Excluding the first turns that you need to set up your game, not being able to do a bottom action 2 out of 3 times probably means you will lose. Not only that, but you have to choose witch bottom action you want to take and do them a lot, a small of everything doesn't pay in this game, specially since I have good a mat for rushing (and Saxony is the rushing nation in this game).

edited March 2018
    oYjhwYUm.png
    9DMbAHEm.png

MrBody on
    Sounds like we're all going to lose to Preda.
    Everyone else should place workers in his way so he can't attack me.

Sounds like we're all going to lose to Preda.
    Everyone else should place workers in his way so he can't attack me.

I definitely just heard that Preda is going to stomp all of us. I think we need to band together against this existential threat.

8BFpSWC.png

Move worker from farm to village.
    Move character from base to farm.

Back to @Brody I believe

@MrBody we need somewhere to keep track of money and number of held combat cards, since both are public.

edited March 2018
    Nah. Money is big gobs of cardboard. It is not public
    That is, the number of coins is public, but the value of your pile is not. Which basically means your coins are not public.

discrider on
    Well, in the physical game you can tell coin value by size and color so there's not much point to hiding it.

Forgot to display money. Next update will have cards and coins shown on mats.

edited March 2018
    Yeah that main idea is to try and pull off double actions (the top & bottom) as soon and as often as possible (leaning towards the ones that give the most coins on your mat). Then decide on a couple areas you want to specialize in for grabbing stars, and decide if you want to pursue an objective or just write them off.

Then there's possibly moving your leader to the middle to grab a factory card (sooner you reach it, the bigger pick you have before others grab one), "blocking" other players with your workers (force them to lose popularity if they force the workers to retreat), and controlling as many territories as possible right at game end.

Remember that the only way to cross rivers is through a mine/tunnel or building your riverwalk mech. A couple factions bend this rule (Nordic workers can cross rivers, Rusviet mech ability can move from controlled village to factory, etc.).

MrBody on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I can't wait for this to go digital so I can play a quick, snappy 4X with all of you.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Move Action.

Worker from Forest to Oil, character down to Forest.

Back to @discrider ?

edited March 2018
    Something I found that will be fun to look back on when the game is over, someone did some work to pair the faction against each game board in terms of good/bad.
    pic3463925.jpg

Will be interesting to see our end game against their assessment of what we got (for example, my player mat is supposed to be bad for my faction)

Edit: I should add that I don't actually think this means anything specific. Instead, just a challenge if any of us got the "unfavorable" pairings. Beat the average!

Double Edit: I found an actual place people are gathering some amount of data. http://scythebg.ga/stats.html
    The data geek in me loooooves seeing those charts, even if they mostly say "it's pretty even across the board"

AustinP0027 on
    No slacking comrades.
    Produce another two villagers, and one metal.
    @mindflare77

Produce 2 metal.

@Preda for next.

8BFpSWC.png