As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the Rays will win 35 games

• Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I think the Mariners will lead their division for a time before the All Star break, longer than last year, but then hit the sog and be ~10 short of wildcard.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ohtani will post an ERA over 4 and hit under .250

• Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    Meanwhile Ichiro will bat over .300 with a so-so number of plate appearances and be a real asset.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    Meanwhile Ichiro will bat over .300 with a so-so number of plate appearances and be a real asset.

until he goes down with a minor sprain and doesn't get another AB all year

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Werth to the Mariners. They're stockpiling old Outfielders

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Werth to the Mariners. They're stockpiling old Outfielders

*thinking guy meme* you can't lose half your team to the DL if they start the season on it.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Remember, TMobile is giving away a year of MLB.TV today via their TMobile Tuesdays app.

If you're eligible, it's a fantastic deal.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    teams should be able to opt in to this during the regular season or something

its pretty cool

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Remember, TMobile is giving away a year of MLB.TV today via their TMobile Tuesdays app.

Oh yeah. My annual search to find someone I know work T-mobile

Oh yeah. My annual search to find someone I know work T-mobile

There are rumors on R/baseball that they're cracking down on that sort of thing this year because everyone just did this. Of course, if you just use the code on an Apple TV or whatever and never watch it on your phone so they don't know you don't have TMobile, you should still be fine.

I fully intend to watch local games with a VPN this year, as I have every year except for the time I didn't know how to do that. I was living out of state, so watching Yankee games wasn't an issue until they played Baltimore/DC.

steam_sig.png

Re; mic'ing up Mookie Betts, they actually did it with Logan Morrison the other day. The commentators were razzing him because he was out of breath just talking and standing on the field. Then a batted ball goes over his head and into the stands.

I know they can't do it during the regular season, but it was really fun when they did it during the All Star Game last year.

steam_sig.png

If MLB is worried about ratings, that's the stuff they should be doing.

Not worrying about length of games.

Make the game more fun. Mic up players, have bat flips without someone getting beaned.

Shit like that.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Ohtani will post an ERA over 4 and hit under .250
    Wombat!! wrote: »

I think i might add a section for these in the google form i'll put together. And any statements that are like this that are put up in the next ~4 hours or so.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Mike Trout will be healthy all year, which means he'll win MVP because full-year healthy Mike Trout is still easily the best player in baseball.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Harper also stays healthy and wins the MVP

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think Trout could easily suffer from the same BS LeBron gets and not get the MVP as often.

So this is done, but it's really rough, this is my first go at google forms. But it should work.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfI2Y2FIsXoeQecjRhXLt_2xSc_rhsYvQsH5Es-2yjXghNesA/viewform

I tried to find a good picture of Rallycat, but every one i used made him gigantic and you couldn't tell he was on a baseball field. Alas.

Steam
    So this is done, but it's really rough, this is my first go at google forms. But it should work.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfI2Y2FIsXoeQecjRhXLt_2xSc_rhsYvQsH5Es-2yjXghNesA/viewform

I tried to find a good picture of Rallycat, but every one i used made him gigantic and you couldn't tell he was on a baseball field. Alas.

Only issue is figuring out exact seeding after the wildcard round. I don't know who will play who

I tried to do fancy stuff like, pull the wildcard winner from your two wildcard picks, but im pretty much a neophyte. I can probably fix it if i work on it but the season is so close.

Steam
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Where can we see the results?

Steam
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Lmao at anyone picking the Nationals to win a playoff series.

not filling it out because i legitimately have no idea

other than that the rays are bad lulllll

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I think Trout could easily suffer from the same BS LeBron gets and not get the MVP as often.

Its already happened multiple times!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Lmao at anyone picking the Nationals to win a playoff series.

Look it's gotta happen at some point

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'll fill it out for sure, but I'm going Houston over Washington

Or maybe not, I have no idea

Giants lose 100 games again, Bochy retires, and the entire thing goes full rebuild by June.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I would have honestly picked Giants for first wild card if their rotation was still intact

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited March 2018
    I would have honestly picked Giants for first wild card if their rotation was still intact

Crazy talk. It will be Dbacks and Rockies.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    Twins are making the playoffs

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Twins are making the playoffs

This might actually happen...and then they play the Yankees in the divisional round

When this post is 2 and a half hours old, the baseball season will officially be under way (Cubs @ Marlins starts at 12:40 PM ET).

Don't forget to set your lineups!

9000 strong here in miami for opening day!

IAN HAPPPPPPPPP

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Happ hit like five lead off homers in spring training soooooo

Am I hearing correct? The marlins pitcher already hit 3 batters?

Steam
    Am I hearing correct? The marlins pitcher already hit 3 batters?

yeah, very poor command

Is it too early to kick Miami out of the league?

This discussion has been closed.