As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FFG Star Wars RPG at PAX EAST

TyshalleTyshalle Registered User regular
Anyone planning on running a game using any of their systems during the show? I can't find anything from FFG, was hoping they might be running something but it doesn't look like it.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Tyshalle wrote: »
    Anyone planning on running a game using any of their systems during the show? I can't find anything from FFG, was hoping they might be running something but it doesn't look like it.
    We brought our set to Pre-Pax Game Night a few years ago and people had fun. I don't know if we're bringing our set this year, though. Someone may? If you'll be in town Wednesday night, you may want to post in there to see if there is any interest.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • JailbirdyJailbirdy OhioRegistered User regular
    FFG is releasing Star Wars Miniatures game about a week before Pax East. I would think someone will be setting that up. I will be touring the area for a live stream if I can find a game in progress.

Gamechefs LTD
    GT: Jailbirdy
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    I always see some X Wing minis being demoed by an exhibitor or two at PAX. Definitely would expect to see some of that stuff around.

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    My guess is that someone will be playing that game for sure.

1- People will bring it with them and play it at the event in the free play area or at one of the game night events such as the Westin.
    2- Same as above except people will have bought it on site. I've seen people crack open a new box of Eclipse next to an escalator on the floor and started playing.
    3- FFG or someone repreenting their products will be hosting something.

You may want to hang around twitter for a combination of things like #PAXEast, #LFG or #LFP, and whatever hashtag represent the game you are interested in.

Finding a game of something you would like to try at PAX is usually doable. The more popular the product the easier it will be. For anything else you may have to poke and prod the internet a bit.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • LanuriaLanuria Registered User new member
    I'll bring our ten sets of dice and my husband's encyclopedic knowledge of the system. Would love to see a pick up game--

First time attending pax, where would be the best place to go to find these games?

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Lanuria wrote: »
    I'll bring our ten sets of dice and my husband's encyclopedic knowledge of the system. Would love to see a pick up game--

First time attending pax, where would be the best place to go to find these games?
    The tabletop freeplay area near the queue and PC freeplay area is your best bet.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.