As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This ain't a dream thread!!! PRESS 'A'!

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    A few weeks ago my night dream was of committing murder, no details, and then my waking dream was that it was my day off, instead of it being a work day.

Not as good as the one where everyone was catching crabs and I was telling the doctor that I can go home and shave my own pubes, thanks very much.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I like to dream, but I smoke pot so I usually don't.

My reoccurring dreams are either something always in this weird city I made up in my dream, or war dreams on some futuristic planet.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I almost never remember my dreams.

It's such a pitty. I bet they're awesome dreams.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I have the worst lucid dreams ever

Like I dream I'm getting chased by a horrible lovechild of a Xenomorph and Venom Of The 90's

then I realize "Yeah! This is a dream! I have the power here!"

then I turn around, and this thing grabs me and slams me against the floor, and brings its dripping jaws inches from my face and hisses horribly

and I'm completely powerless to do anything

I'll be in a bad situation, and I'll realize it's a dream, and pull out a gun, but the gun will jam

It's horribly depressing

Usually I end up dragging myself awake to escape my unstoppable nightmares

I had a dream like that a few months ago

except instead of getting alien-raped I tore the thing (it was werewolf-esque) apart with a broadsword that I dug out of the ground for some reason

clearly this indicates my dream-wang is bigger than yours or some shit like that.

I don't mean to brag, but this obviously means that I could kick Freddy Kruger's ass.

Milquetoast Thug on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I can only rarely remember my dreams, for nearly as long as I can remember. I'm pretty sure they are awesome because I'm just awesome in nearly every regard.

My fiance has the weirdest dreams ever, and regularly suffers from nightmares brought on by her childhood experiences. I should really write some of them down and put them on here. All manner of things like looking after the crocodile pets of someone we know to travelling around planets by jumping on very bouncy mushrooms >.>

Junpei on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I had this weird half-waking, half-dream a few months back.

What was most peculiar was that my mind was pursuing a course I had set it on when I was lying awake in bed, and part of me still felt awake. At the same time, though, it was like my mind was on rails- I was being carried through the situation in my head, and I didn't feel completely conscious, while at the same time not being terribly asleep.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    One time I had a dream were I was about to be executed via guillotine (everyone was dressed in big 1800-esque black coats) and I spent most of the dream worrying. But when the time for my execution came I was like "fuck this"And I busted out of my restraints and somehow beat everyone's ass. With an invisible machine gun.

There was another dream back in middle school where I was a invincible, unstoppable God of some sort.

I think I was a god of fire or something, because I was tossing these badass fireballs all over the place.

The kicker? In the dream... I was playing kickball.

Milquetoast Thug on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I kept on waking up last night so I had a bunch of weird dreams.

The one I remember the best was being stranded on a deserted tropical paradise. I managed to get shelter (It was a pretty bitchin' tree house like in george of the jungle) with a palm leaf hammock, and went to sleep. Unfortunately, some marmosets kept crawling around in my bed and keeping me from sleeping.

I'm sure that means something, but i really don't care.

marmosets are cute, guys.

Fabricate on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    marmosets ARE cute.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    marmoset2_narrowweb__300x371,0.jpg

d'aawwww

Fabricate on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    One time I had a dream were I was about to be executed via guillotine (everyone was dressed in big 1800-esque black coats) and I spent most of the dream worrying. But when the time for my execution came I was like "fuck this"And I busted out of my restraints and somehow beat everyone's ass. With an invisible machine gun.

There was another dream back in middle school where I was a invincible, unstoppable God of some sort.

I think I was a god of fire or something, because I was tossing these badass fireballs all over the place.

The kicker? In the dream... I was playing kickball.

Awesome. That sounds like a PBF comic.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BlackCloudBlackCloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Most awesome dream? Amazing battle with an army vs ninjas, with me on the ninja team. I don't know why we were fighting, but damn was it the coolest thing ever. The only one that rivals that is the one where my roommate got a pet monkey.

I've had a couple where I've been falling, those suck.

BlackCloud on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Coming back home for the winter break, I started dreaming more often for whatever reason. I've had a set of recurring dreams inside a "castle" (I use italics because it's really just a large office building). At the beginning of the dream I have a complicated physics problem to solve, and inevitably I am unable to do it. Because of this, weird shit happens and weird creatures invade the "castle" and I spend the entire dream running around and hiding and trying to figure out a way to stop the bad shit from going down, to no avail.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I had a dream I could set myself on fire like the Human Torch except the flame was really dim and not hot so everyone was just kinda "meh". I tried to set a guy's shoe on fire but it just kinda melted the rubber a little and he was pretty pissed.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I wish I had lucid dreams.

I'd be all like, flying everywhere.

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I don't lucid dream either Ranx.

I've always wondered whether you are actually in control of the dream or not. How is the feeling of being in control and the realization that you are in control different from the dream itself?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Lucid dreams tend to consist mainly of flying and fucking.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    No monster fighting?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Monster fucking.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ugh.

I just woke up after having a Lovecraft-esque nightmare of horrible proportions.

I was in a diving suit in what appeared to be the 1800s, and I knew that it was a bad idea to dive underwater but everyone else was making me and I didn't have a choice so I jumped in and fell through a horrible sea-green oceanic abyss till I hit the barren seafloor except then there was this giant, drowned city covered in seaweed and bad stuff and I went in and then I woke up.

*whew*

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Monster fucking.
    I knew that was coming.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    a few nights ago I dreamed I lost both my arms and shoulders somehow

so I got new robot ones that looked just like my old ones, but like plasticy and white (like the I, Robot robots)

and they were soooooo cool

Raneados on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Seriously guys

Having a dream and then it turning into a lucid dream and then the dream turning the tables on you again

I think that says something about my subconscious blah blah psychology

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i don't dream very much

like at all

i wish i did :|

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I even dream while I'm awake

daydreaming, if you will

it's crazy!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    what about when your dream is about being stalked by a gremlin the size of a small child, bearing a mouth of razor fangs and hands with powerful hooked claws

the creature is only able to move in brief flashes of light and must stay still in the darkness

and you're in a room with a large picture window during a brutally violent thunderstorm

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    what about when your dream is about being stalked by a gremlin the size of a small child, bearing a mouth of razor fangs and hands with powerful hooked claws

the creature is only able to move in brief flashes of light and must stay still in the darkness

and you're in a room with a large picture window during a brutally violent thunderstorm
    Dear god man.

That is intense.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    If I remember, the nightmare ended when there was a bolt of lightning directly over the house, with a massive crash of thunder that rattled pictures off the wall, and suddenly, there this thing was, claws dug deep into my back, grinning up at me through the gap between my upraised arm and the ribs, y'know

about to gnaw into my spine, then slowly torture and devour me at its whim

so I did the only thing I can ever do

make myself wake up from the nightmare

It's a pretty strange feeling

Imagine grabbing something deep inside your own chest and tearing it away from you, until you fully extend your arm completely and there's this sense of loss and then bam you wake up with complete knowledge of the dream you were just in

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    I even dream while I'm awake

daydreaming, if you will

it's crazy!

didn't they make a sitcom about you and your crazy daydreams

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I was a doctor!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I was a doctor!

a sexy doctor?

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I was a doctor!

are you quoting that book

are you

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Dear God! D:

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I keep having dreams about being this common, draftee soldier in some big giant medieval battle and having to fight elephant cavalry.

Fucking BULLSHIT.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    SERIOUS. D: I HAVE A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT IRON DIRK AND A WOODEN SHIELD, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN "HOLD THE LINE"!?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I had a dream the other night where this girl that I like (she's pretty much the love of my life ok) came up to me at an outdoor music festival and told me to feel her belly and I looked down and sahe was totally pregnant and she told me it was mine but she was worried I couldn't take care of it, but I was like don't worry about it, I just won the lottery and there were just piles of money everywhere.

And the night after I had this dream, the girl called me out of the blue and came over to my house and told me she'd dumped her douchebag boyfriend.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    SERIOUS. D: I HAVE A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT IRON DIRK AND A WOODEN SHIELD, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN "HOLD THE LINE"!?

HOLD THE FUCKING LINE SOLDEIR! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR EXCUSES.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    it was a pretty happy dream guys.

#pipe on