As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The X-Files] Rebooted. This Could Be a Case for Mulder and Scully.

123457»

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2018
    Episode 7 felt like being tutted at by a sixty year old for forty five minutes.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Episode 8 was much better, but honestly since the show came back there have been like two episodes (both the Darin Morgan ones) that felt like they were worth bothering with.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Dear god what the fuck happened in this finale
    Mulder on suspicion he could find his son on an airplane, sneaks to an airfield and into a hanger, then proceeds to go on a fucking murder spree with zero information. Gets zero information. leaves without hesitation.

So we know who's UFO that is at the end of the retconed premonition now. It's whoever is planning on escaping to space to survive. But they cant pick up a sick mulder without a cure, maybe csm had his own space planes all at long, or siezed the other guys' ship.

I can't believe skinner went out like such a dumbass off camera, there's 0 way hes done. He'ill at least be back for a terrible guest star role.

CSM shot the first person out of a building who is chasing down william, but didnt see anyone else run out before them? CSM in the premonition is trying to save Fox, here he just blasts him?

How close are we to the premonition? This episode made it sound like it was happening, and that just isnt the case from what we have seen.

Did scully see herself pregnant during the vision? (no they are literally unable keep their conspiracy straight)

William knows mulder isnt his father, never says anything. ok I guess.

Upon realizing her child died, scully 180's and goes 'fuck it! he was an abomination and I never knew the asshole anyways'? The pregnancy reveal made me shout "OOHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" out loud when they revealed a pregnant 50 year old scully.

Also that kid is a psychopath. holy shit. I was happy he was shot till that stupid reveal (because of course).

As soon as mulder shoved csm into the water "God damnit he lives" (he has to, hes in the future vision trying to save mulder? boy, did they fuck this all up or did I miss something)

So are we to believe for the vision they retconned, we are at the start of it? or in the middle? Did things change at all?

I hear gillian anderson wont be back for another season, and I can't blame her.

edit: Also, more egregious parking by mulder to get the car product placement skidding sideways into camera, in the middle of a gas station parking lot. I laughed pretty hard at that.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    That's the last ever X-Files, isn't it? Pretty grim. Why the fuck did
    All these "main arc" whateverthefuck episodes have been so terrible they could *literally* have been written by a child, and then not edited. Even before you consider the plot, many of the actual individual sentences do not make sense. It's crazy.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Just wrapped this up on the DVR yesterday. I hope that really is it. If the show were to continue and continue down this same awful path, I'd rather there not be any more. The ending just had me saying,"what, that's stupid!" out loud repeatedly and upsetting my dog.

• Options
    Episode 9 was pretty unpleasant. I liked the quiet Scully/Mulder moments but at this point, one episode away from finishing the show, both new seasons feel simply unnecessary. There seems to have been no pressing reason for them to come back except nostalgia and perhaps a new beach house each Anderson and Duchovny, and the show had nothing to offer except a terrible extension of the mythology and some cases of the week that ranged from excellent to very bad indeed.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The problem with the X-Files is the same one it has been for years. We all owe Chris Carter a debt for the show, but Fox should have given him a gold watch years ago.