As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] The Sacrifice is here!

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    When I was checking status during server issues yesterday I saw something on their Twitter about UI 3.0; nice to know they're thinking about working on it. Have they said anything about just making assignable hotkeys for spots? If I could bind Arsenal, Foundry, Navigation etc to hotkeys it would make it soooooo much better, and it seems trivial.

My apologies if it's a perennial suggestion :p

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    300 oxium alert... but it's an archwing mission. Trying to decide if it's worth it. 8->

I need Oxium also, might organise a group farm tomorrow if enough people are interested.

I need about 4K Oxium to finish building Booben Prime. I would absolutely be interested in an Oxium farm either tonight or tomorrow night.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the clan invite! I accepted it and got my clan key started, but then the server vomited me back out.

Also, it occurs to me that Queens of Space is quite nearly Queens of the Space Age.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    If I’m around I can bring a Nekros or Hydroid for oxium farmening

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Is the archwing missions not good?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

They are not. The game does not translate well into a 3D flying sim.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ooh, Corrosive Projection alert on PC.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Things that would make Archwing content better:

1. Add a Lock-On feature
    2. Delete all the goddamn maze-like maps

But I guess what I really want them to do is make Archwing content into Einhander.

• SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I've been having fun with the Grinlok lately and am looking to trade for the Perrin augment mod. I can get you any frame or weapon mod from Steel, Hexis or Suda. In game I'm LordSquigie on PC.

Also, post-buff the Prisma Gorgon is like a Grineer Soma. Give it a shot; I find it quite satisfying.

Welcome to all the newbs. This community is really good and I hope you end up enjoying the game as much as I do. As said above, warframe market is pretty much civilization compared to trade trade chat. I've made a rather nice amount of plat just selling rare mods. Then I spend it all on slots and color pallettes.

Squigie on
    Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So what you're saying is this is a 3rd person space Power Ranger simulator.

I got obliterated by one-shot lasers from out of nowhere three times in the first mission. I kept trying to keep debris between me and the source of the laser, but it seemed to move every time and come from nothing. If that part were clearer to manage, I wouldn't have been so put off.

With changes to that, or to the format (e.g. air-to-ground assault), I might be open to trying it again.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    metaghost wrote: »

1. Add a Lock-On feature
    But I guess what I really want them to do is make Archwing content into Einhander.
    I kinda like the maze maps, but mostly because they remind me of the training courses in Tie Fighter so I get a kick out of trying to fly them at maximum speed.

1. Add a Lock-On feature

3. Make Experimental Flight mode on by default so people don't get frustrated with the controls.

Taking some notes from Strike Suit Zero would prolly work too. It'd be cool to see fights against some gunships, corvettes, and stuff like that. Having small fleets warp in instead of just random mobs would make the entire mode feel more thematic. They could even add other land based modes like Capture. Having to disable a ship so your ship can zip in, dock with it, and then warp off would be awesome and use assets already in game.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Archwing is rad, and all y'all are bustas

JtgVX0H.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »

1. Add a Lock-On feature
    I kinda like the maze maps, but mostly because they remind me of the training courses in Tie Fighter so I get a kick out of trying to fly them at maximum speed.

1. Add a Lock-On feature

3. Make Experimental Flight mode on by default so people don't get frustrated with the controls.

Taking some notes from Strike Suit Zero would prolly work too. It'd be cool to see fights against some gunships, corvettes, and stuff like that. Having small fleets warp in instead of just random mobs would make the entire mode feel more thematic. They could even add other land based modes like Capture. Having to disable a ship so your ship can zip in, dock with it, and then warp off would be awesome and use assets already in game.

Yes, yes, to all of this. Strike Suit Zero was fucking rad, and combining Archwing with hallway missions would be super cool.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hooray for dumb mechanics. I ran into a boss that shot quills that were instant-death on contact, and could never be dodged. Boss took no damage otherwise as well.

Henroid wrote: »
    Hooray for dumb mechanics. I ran into a boss that shot quills that were instant-death on contact, and could never be dodged. Boss took no damage otherwise as well.

Warframe bosses are all pretty bad as a consequence of being designed in such a way that compensates for the absurd potential for destruction players possess. This usually means that they are invincible outside of small windows of attack or until you do some non-intuitive action, like shooting that one guy in his tubes and getting him to use his freeze slam.

That said, the only "quill" shooting boss I'm aware of is Phorid, and that's just a heavily armored Juggernaut and thus weak to Corrosive attacks?

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    well... radshares... Banshee Prime done, Zephyr Prime Done. I dont think I am ever going to burn through relics any other way

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    darkmayo wrote: »
    well... radshares... Banshee Prime done, Zephyr Prime Done. I dont think I am ever going to burn through relics any other way

I managed to get all Banshee Prime parts done purely by accident and going "hey I don't have this bit yet" and suddenly I had it all. 8->

Just missing one Zephyr Prime bit now.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The problem with Archwing is not Archwing. It's that damn gun.

Go get a Fluctus or a Grattler; the latter is easily craftable via the Grineer lab in the dojo. It's like night and day, seriously.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I mean, you still need to do a handful of normal relics to get the traces to make radiants?

steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

No. It's a third person Quasi-Robotic Super Powered Magical Gun-toting Space Ninja simulator. "Power Ranger" woefully fails to encapsulate the entirety of it.

Heck, "Quasi-Robotic Super Powered Magical Gun-toting Space Ninja" doesn't tell the whole story, but if you want more, play Second Dream first.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I mean, you still need to do a handful of normal relics to get the traces to make radiants?

Not quite? You can do fissures without Relics and still get traces. You're just gonna be doing it solo or in a group that's fine not bringing Relics.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Squigie wrote: »
    I've been having fun with the Grinlok lately and am looking to trade for the Perrin augment mod. I can get you any frame or weapon mod from Steel, Hexis or Suda. In game I'm LordSquigie on PC.

Also, post-buff the Prisma Gorgon is like a Grineer Soma. Give it a shot; I find it quite satisfying.

Welcome to all the newbs. This community is really good and I hope you end up enjoying the game as much as I do. As said above, warframe market is pretty much civilization compared to trade trade chat. I've made a rather nice amount of plat just selling rare mods. Then I spend it all on slots and color pallettes.

I think I have enough Perrin rep. I don’t know when you’re on or if you’re in the clan.

I play late PST.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

No. It's a third person Quasi-Robotic Super Powered Magical Gun-toting Space Ninja simulator. "Power Ranger" woefully fails to encapsulate the entirety of it.

Heck, "Quasi-Robotic Super Powered Magical Gun-toting Space Ninja" doesn't tell the whole story, but if you want more, play Second Dream first.

I may be giving this a download over the weekend...

edited March 2018
    Foefaller wrote: »

I may be giving this a download over the weekend...

It will initially look like "a shooter". This is only temporary, and it is best eventually approached as a musuo game, with all the mook-destroying ridiculousness that goes with it.

Edit: Specifically, one with a lot of explosions.

dporowski on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    It'll look kinda similar to Mass Effect's multiplayer at first (especially if you pick Mag, with his Pull power), and then you'll suddenly go, "wait, this is space wizard-ninja bullshit!", and at that point you'll either be very happy or stop playing,

It's not Power Rangers, though. If they had guns like these, all their weird bullshit would be settled and done with.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    I managed to passively max out Red Veil and thus have finally acquired Despoil.

I was expecting it to be an effect you have to carefully manage, but instead that's not even remotely the case? I feel like a real dummy for not just trading for this mod a while ago.

• SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

I think I have enough Perrin rep. I don’t know when you’re on or if you’re in the clan.

I play late PST.

Dammit, this is why I don't talk.

Yeah, I'm in the clan. I'll try to be on around then and keep an eye out for you. I play sporadically these days but I'm on all the time.

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
    edited March 2018
    So here's a question for folks that understand how to play Limbo:

Twice I've been in games with Limbo players getting aggressively upset with the rest of the team for apparently disrupting the function of Cataclysm, which has entailed yelling at people for shooting guns even when everyone is clearly using melee weapons or just blaming folks for the Limbo player having died. Yet I've read over Limbo's abilities a million times and have no clue how it is that the non-Limbo players are actually affecting how Cataclysm works. So what are they getting mad about?

metaghost on
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    It's probably about his second ability, which freezes enemies and projectiles in the void. There's a limit to how many projectiles can be frozen, causing the entire freeze effect to expire when that limit is reached. Enemies suddenly becoming unfrozen can lead to a dead Limbo. It can be annoying, but Limbos who lose their temper over it and get hostile can be safely ignored.

Same with Nidus players who whine about kill stealing.

Fuckin' Limbos, geez.

Also, I strongly feel like DE needs to ditch the friendly-fire aspect of Radiation, because I've had way too many experiences with people who don't understand how to manage that or are just actual trolls.

When I'm Nidusing, I don't mind if y'all KILL them... Please god just let me hit them a couple times so I can start the stacks rolling.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

Not quite? You can do fissures without Relics and still get traces. You're just gonna be doing it solo or in a group that's fine not bringing Relics.

Its pretty obnoxious to do that to people.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Feldorn wrote: »

I play late PST.

Dammit, this is why I don't talk.

Yeah, I'm in the clan. I'll try to be on around then and keep an eye out for you. I play sporadically these days but I'm on all the time.

I may not be on the next few days with real life going on.

I’m Mortenya in game, ping me if I’m on.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Alright I am admittedly getting frustrated with the game because there are aspects confusing me or contradicting themselves.
    - When I run a mission, sometimes I absolutely crush it if I'm not just blitzing through via movement to objectives; other times when not doing that same movement blitz, I am the one getting crushed; no change in playstyle at all, it seems to be a random / element I haven't recognized that's different. Can anyone enlighten me?
    - I am again perplexed by what my progression is supposed to be / how much I am supposed to be spending on resources. Should I bother with other item leveling until I've unlocked the whole galaxy?
    - Am I supposed to prioritize those specially highlighted missions in the top-right tabs in the galaxy map? The ones with the caution sign, the fist, etc?
    - Is there an "end game" in this, like 'raids' or something?
    - What elements of the game am I supposed to be putting off until that time if it exists?
    - How many mods am I supposed to be retaining exactly?
    - How vulnerable are defense mission targets? They've been really durable up until today, but about an hour ago I turned away from a computer I reached for 10 seconds AND IT BLEW UP, triggering a mission failure. Did I miss something? Is there a specific enemy type that poses an actual danger in this regard?
    - This isn't a question but I've experienced a gulf in difference of survivability between my Excalibur and Volt; the Volt's shields seem to last longer per point of damage (do they have their own mitigation perhaps?) but as soon as they're gone, whether it is 500 or 200 HP, I just drop dead in a blink. With the Excalibur, damn if I can keep my shields to exist as a bar (be it 500 or 200), but the health at least lasts a while.
    - Do frames have fixed values for mod power? My Volt can only equip a couple of mods if they were fully upgraded.
    - Why is it that sometimes when I blitz a mission I get 15k experience on a piece of unused gear, and then other times I get 99? Same rate of killing, and there's no bonuses being applied that I can see?
    - For my first set of capture & scan enemy, the AI orange block-face thing would tell me the enemy was present. For my second set, that prompt isn't coming up, and the next enemy isn't spawning anywhere. What the goddamn hell?
    - How often am I supposed to be using my powers vs my guns? Why is melee so stupidly strong and why are side-arms next to useless?
    - What the hell does the level range on missions even MEAN? 1-5? One to five what? My frame? My main weapon? The average between all my gear? What is this actually dictating? The reward difference between 1-4 and 11-15 are negligible. The only time I can tell a difference is level 20ish stuff spawning crazy new enemies.

There's a lot about playing this game that feels like a roll of the dice and it's pushing me to the point of "jump ship before you give them money."

Also I've had a bad day so maybe I'm just grumpy.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    So here's a question for folks that understand how to play Limbo:

Twice I've been in games with Limbo players getting aggressively upset with the rest of the team for apparently disrupting the function of Cataclysm, which has entailed yelling at people for shooting guns even when everyone is clearly using melee weapons or just blaming folks for the Limbo player having died. Yet I've read over Limbo's abilities a million times and have no clue how it is that the non-Limbo players are actually affecting how Cataclysm works. So what are they getting mad about?

Stasis can hold 300 bullets before breaking. That sounds like a lot, but it's very easy to hit since each shotgun pellet counts, as well as multishot.

The serial offenders are usually Sentinels, Artax or a Carrier with a shotgun equipped will sometimes pop it.

I always give people a heads up when I'm bringing Limbo into a Sortie and people will usually swap things around to take advantage of it.

Some people grump about it and will repeatedly pop your bubble. I have two set ups for Limbo, one with increased range and one that just fits the console and one or two warframes.

Feels like I'm at the point where I need nightmare/some primed mods for what I want to do with my builds.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Feels like I'm at the point where I need nightmare/some primed mods for what I want to do with my builds.

you never ever need primed mods, they are a luxury

some nightmare mods are pretty important but still not necessary, and fortunately they tend to be mega easy nowadays

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

- When I run a mission, sometimes I absolutely crush it if I'm not just blitzing through via movement to objectives; other times when not doing that same movement blitz, I am the one getting crushed; no change in playstyle at all, it seems to be a random / element I haven't recognized that's different. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Not sure about this one, could be the type of enemy you are fighting, maybe you got with a slash or toxin that just ate your health behind your shield.

- I am again perplexed by what my progression is supposed to be / how much I am supposed to be spending on resources. Should I bother with other item leveling until I've unlocked the whole galaxy? up to you, I was pretty slow going through the map, I still have quite a few things that I need to unlock, currently rank 11, and I level items whenever I get them.

- Am I supposed to prioritize those specially highlighted missions in the top-right tabs in the galaxy map? The ones with the caution sign, the fist, etc?
    I ignore most of them unless they have a reward I want

fashionframe :D

- What elements of the game am I supposed to be putting off until that time if it exists?
    There is a lot of things to do in the game, unlocking the map fully or full enough is a good first objective, I personally try to collect relics and unlock prime things as they pop up, dont forget you can sell uneeded prime bits for a currency that you can use to by Primed Mods and other stuff from Barro when he shows up

Doesnt really matter, I clear out my duplicates every once and awhile, most dupes I had was 800

- How vulnerable are defense mission targets? They've been really durable up until today, but about an hour ago I turned away from a computer I reached for 10 seconds AND IT BLEW UP, triggering a mission failure. Did I miss something? Is there a specific enemy type that poses an actual danger in this regard? They can be pretty tough, but a swarm can take done certain ones without too much fuss.

- This isn't a question but I've experienced a gulf in difference of survivability between my Excalibur and Volt; the Volt's shields seem to last longer per point of damage (do they have their own mitigation perhaps?) but as soon as they're gone, whether it is 500 or 200 HP, I just drop dead in a blink. With
    the Excalibur, damn if I can keep my shields to exist as a bar (be it 500 or 200), but the health at least lasts a while.
    Armor value is likely the culprit there

- Do frames have fixed values for mod power? My Volt can only equip a couple of mods if they were fully upgraded.
    They should all have the same base number at first but with Orokin Reactors that doubles, auras also add more to your mod number, different frames also have different numbers of slots with those symbols so you can add more if you put in the matching symbol (I forget the term)

- Why is it that sometimes when I blitz a mission I get 15k experience on a piece of unused gear, and then other times I get 99? Same rate of killing, and there's no bonuses being applied that I can see?
    Depends on if your weapon is doing the killing and what other weapons you have equipped.

- For my first set of capture & scan enemy, the AI orange block-face thing would tell me the enemy was present. For my second set, that prompt isn't coming up, and the next enemy isn't spawning anywhere. What the goddamn hell?
    One per mission

- How often am I supposed to be using my powers vs my guns? Why is melee so stupidly strong and why are side-arms next to useless?
    There are better side arms out there, one of my hardest hitting ones is my lex prime, I put a few forma into it so it packs a whallop, as for guns vs powers, depends on the frame and what your primary weapon is and what you are trying to do

- What the hell does the level range on missions even MEAN? 1-5? One to five what? My frame? My main weapon? The average between all my gear? What is this actually dictating? The reward difference between 1-4 and 11-15 are negligible. The only time I can tell a difference is level 20ish stuff spawning crazy new enemies. Level of the enemy is what it means

There's a lot about playing this game that feels like a roll of the dice and it's pushing me to the point of "jump ship before you give them money."

Also I've had a bad day so maybe I'm just grumpy.[/quote]

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Alright I am admittedly getting frustrated with the game because there are aspects confusing me or contradicting themselves.
    - I am again perplexed by what my progression is supposed to be / how much I am supposed to be spending on resources. Should I bother with other item leveling until I've unlocked the whole galaxy?
    - How vulnerable are defense mission targets? They've been really durable up until today, but about an hour ago I turned away from a computer I reached for 10 seconds AND IT BLEW UP, triggering a mission failure. Did I miss something? Is there a specific enemy type that poses an actual danger in this regard?
    - This isn't a question but I've experienced a gulf in difference of survivability between my Excalibur and Volt; the Volt's shields seem to last longer per point of damage (do they have their own mitigation perhaps?) but as soon as they're gone, whether it is 500 or 200 HP, I just drop dead in a blink. With the Excalibur, damn if I can keep my shields to exist as a bar (be it 500 or 200), but the health at least lasts a while.
    - What the hell does the level range on missions even MEAN? 1-5? One to five what? My frame? My main weapon? The average between all my gear? What is this actually dictating? The reward difference between 1-4 and 11-15 are negligible. The only time I can tell a difference is level 20ish stuff spawning crazy new enemies.

Also I've had a bad day so maybe I'm just grumpy.
    -In these cases where you blitz one time and get blitzed the next, is it against the same faction? Until you're established enough to just have straight-up godslayers, a weapon that'll get you through grineer easily won't do much on corpus.
    -Alerts (caution sign) are only as important as what their reward is. Some are better than others. Invasions/infestations (fist) primarily hand out resources related to clan research gear, and is the ideal method of gaining said resource. They'll also periodically offer super shiny things like reactors/catalysts or parts from event weapons. Once you start ranking up syndicates, they show up as a hex pattern things, and offer syndicate rep as well as findable tokens which can be turned in for even more rep. The wispy looking thing is for active void fissures, which are needed to get Prime gear, though with recent mastery rank reworks I have no clue when you can even start using prime stuff at this point. The daily Sortie will also show up on the nav menu, but you're a ways away from getting to go on those yet.
    -There used to be Trials, which were more or less raids, but those got temporarily* removed. Closest thing to a proper endgame is the daily sortie, assuming you ignore the true endgame of Fashionframe.
    -Not entirely sure I follow this question but the primary things to be putting off for later you can't even be interacting with until said later when they are revealed to you.
    -The only super hard rule on mod retention is to never ever ever get rid of your last of a mod. Having partially-leveled multiples can be handy for when you're leveling gear and can't fit your maxed mod yet.
    -I don't know enough of the underlying math/healthtypes of defense targets to give a good answer on this, but yeah some things will chew through it a lot faster than others.
    -That survivability difference is probably that Volt has shit for armor compared to Excal, so once you're taking health damage you're taking a lot more of it.
    -An item's mod capacity is the higher of your mastery rank and the item's rank. So myself, an MR25 veteran, can pull a gun out of the foundry and immediately put 25 points worth of mod into it, but I also have to wait until I have it leveled to at least 26 before I see more capacity on it. There are items you can get to double the mod capacity, if you see an alert or an invasion for an Orokin Catalyst or an Orokin Reactor, run it. If you can't reach it, get someone to taxi you.
    -This one is a bit tricky. Some mission types hand out fat piles of XP as you hit objectives, which will apply to all your gear, otherwise your XP comes from killing. If you kill with a frame power, all the XP goes to your frame. If you get a weapon kill, the XP is a 50/50 split between the killing weapon and your frame. If you're in a group, kills by your teammates is split between all your gear.
    -Simaris can be a bit fiddly from what I remember, I haven't bothered with him in forever. Are the missions you're running one where the enemy type can spawn? Not everything can spawn on every node for that faction.
    -Depends entirely on how you want to play, though going pure casterframe can be tricky until you have the mods to support it. Not all melee is strong, not all secondaries are weak.
    -The listed level range on a mission indicates the level of enemies that spawn in it. It is a less than straightforward indicator of how difficult a given mission will be, unless you're a math nerd that knows how everything scales by level.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
This discussion has been closed.