As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    This weekend made me realize that my daughter's schedule is still a little too chaotic to make this work, sorry for getting peoples hopes up.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    No worries but just advice: entropy increases with time.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: Β»
    This weekend made me realize that my daughter's schedule is still a little too chaotic to make this work, sorry for getting peoples hopes up.

We should totally have a 'bring your kids to Phalla' game.

What could possibly go wrong?

wVEsyIc.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Many loud declarations of being a bad guy.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    That's what Phalla is.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    This isn't necessarily 100% a phalla, but the elements are there if you want to drop by SE++ and help a fellow out, hope you're not puzzled by the nature of my game

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You may learn your fortunes tomorrow.

38thDoE on steam

Well, I hosted a werewolf game at my wedding, and a mother killed a father first night, and so the daughter immediately called out the mother.
    The village didn't get a majority vote on her that night though :rotate:

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Well, I hosted a werewolf game at my wedding, and a mother killed a father first night, and so the daughter immediately called out the mother.
    The village didn't get a majority vote on her that night though :rotate:

"She's been saying she was going to do it for years, I know it was her!"

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    38thDoE on steam

I could use some players to reserve for my game If anyone is interested.

38thDoE on steam

The Priests of Zalbanadur and Alluring Merchant Victory!

38thDoE on steam

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    So @MamaWolf and I are working on a Steven Universe game, but we would like someone who's run a few games to look over our mechanics to see if everything is balanced. If you're interested, please PM both of us!

If no one more prestigious has offered their help, I can look things over. Granted I know nothing about Steven Universe. If you want to make it about Stephen Hawking's Universe I know a little more.

38thDoE on steam

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Balance?

Why?

Just cram it full of so many mechanics that nobody has time to figure it all out, creating the semblance of balance.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    I'll treat that as a real question. At some point people are unhappy playing a game they have no chance of winning. Players feel bad, host feels bad. Only costs a small delay in time to avoid the problem.

38thDoE on steam

That.. has nothing to do with balance though?
    That's just rationale for ending the game early if one side has no chance of winning, which can happen no matter how well you design the game.

What I'm trying to say is that you have to take pains to make sure every side has a chance of winning. It doesn't even have to be the same chance, but it should be at least a chance. Your setup can preclude that, and its rough to play a game you lost Day 1, even if you don't find out about it for a few days.

38thDoE on steam

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    To be fair, I rarely thought too much about balance when planning crazy mechanics over a base roster breakdown, and it usually worked out. Usually.

wVEsyIc.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Hello, phalla signup thread.

I am preparing a game. I can have a signup thread ready to go next week, with the game starting the following week (unless someone else has a game they want to run in the interim).

However, I would like to have someone else look over what I have so far and help me iron out the details. If anyone is willing to do so, please let me know.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: Β»
    Hello, phalla signup thread.

I am preparing a game. I can have a signup thread ready to go next week, with the game starting the following week (unless someone else has a game they want to run in the interim).

However, I would like to have someone else look over what I have so far and help me iron out the details. If anyone is willing to do so, please let me know.

Me and @Green have our Steven Universe phalla ready to go and sign ups should be up tonight!! I think this will work time wise for both of us :)

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Locus, I can look stuff over for you if you still need someone.

38thDoE on steam

So, I may have mentioned that I am working on a project that I've been wanting to do for years. I hyped it last page.
    Now, because hype is more fun than work, I'm hyping it more. I'm not working on it alone. Also here's a picture.

ob734ghd5c0x.png

Coming soon to a thread near you.

38thDoE on steam

You get more resources if you capture the ship; Vent their oxygen, kill them all.

Yes, go towards the airlock, you can trust me!

38thDoE on steam

I tell you what, if you can stomache the screaming, or perhaps deign to switch off the shortwave radio, EMP and a Bio-destroying-lazer does wonders.

It also doesn't make the ship smell as bad as a fire weapon.
    And you get the same volume of screaming in both cases I find, so no loss there.

edited March 2018
    Does the anti-bio beam destroy Engi and Lanius?
    Probably. Not sure that it should though.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I like to jack up the camera power. Make sure you can see them scramble as you do it....

First upgrade to the helm, just for a wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor viewscreen of the action.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Locus, I can look stuff over for you if you still need someone.

I appreciate the offer! But it seems like you've been running/balancing most of the games lately, so I wouldn't want to deprive you of another opportunity to play.

CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So I recently got my hands on a cheap copy of Dokapon Kingdom. It's essentially an old-school (think DQ or FF1-6) JRPG + Mario Party (but with a fair bit of self-aware, tongue-in-cheek humor), and has an apparently notorious reputation among it's small fanbase for turning people against each other.

How bad of an idea is it, that I find myself wanting to try and cook up a forum game based on this?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So I recently got my hands on a cheap copy of Dokapon Kingdom. It's essentially an old-school (think DQ or FF1-6) JRPG + Mario Party (but with a fair bit of self-aware, tongue-in-cheek humor), and has an apparently notorious reputation among it's small fanbase for turning people against each other.

How bad of an idea is it, that I find myself wanting to try and cook up a forum game based on this?

It is an idea of excellence. I have played Dokapon Kingdom and it is truth and light.

And also selling your soul to the devil if you're losing by enough, then wrecking everyone with your newfound infernal power.

It's pretty great and maybe the purest and best take-that I've ever played in digital form.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    It's definitely going to be a long-term design project, and I'm still not sure whether it'd be better to play it straight as a play-by-post system for a small group, or to go full ham and try to turn it into a battle royale-style phalla. But the mechanics of how the game works seems like as long as the host (me) plans ahead and has a robust way of keeping track of things, the turn-by-turn resolution should be pretty easy. I feel like there's a lot of juice to the idea.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    38thDoE on steam

Jurrasic Hunger has ended in a Dinosaur Victory!!!!

38thDoE on steam

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Esteemed phalla peers, I would like to announce the development of a new mini-phalla. I believe @Locus was preparing the next phalla, so my experiment can wait till then. In the mean time I would not be opposed to another set of eyes to look over my calculations. The game is set up for exactly 20 people I expect it to last for about eight days, give or take a few.

I'll check it if no one else volunteers. But if this is a back to the future game I want to play.

38thDoE on steam