As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steven Universe [PHALLA] Day 9: IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

191011121315»

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Anyways, observations... I have to say we got really lucky as a mafia on a few nights. Hitting the seer Day 1 was pretty much just dumb luck on our part- but it also pretty much prevented a true network from ever forming, what with no way to confirm targets. Then, we hit both Yellow and Blue Pearls on Day 4, and once we figured out who the vig was, well, we just had TRV park the roleblocker right there and we'd defanged everything but the vote.

Some games it just comes down to getting lucky on a few targets despite all the planning in the world.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    thanks for hosting @mamawolf , bummed I got killed off so early -but game looked fun from the outside :d

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Man, I thought we had a good chance at this. Nailed two mafia, we had guard, role blocker, vig and two others in a village on day 3. Then it all went to crap.

My mafia radar was on point this game though. Two mafia votes outs, two others correctly identified.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Was kicking myself for calling my kill in public instead of maybe just calling it to virgil on Day 2- was really just worried there was the chance he would die that night and I wouldn't have another opportunity to do it.

My kill had a day cooldown after using it; figured I had a better chance of something useful with it day 2 instead of 1, plus there was already a revealed special day 1, who knows, I was also very inactive this game - appologies

Thanks for running it and congrats winners.

Also filled with much glee that @Brody remembered the one time in my life I've been a clever mafia

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Nah, myself and Pluto were talking in our PMs about how you had to be mafia because a vanillager wouldn't be anywhere NEAR that passionate about the game. But by then it was too late.

That first day shot on Egos and killing Both Pearls was rough.

For what it's worth here was my role description:

My merciful and forgiving Blue Diamond. You are a very mellow Diamond who treats high-ranking members of her court with respect. Your fellow Diamond reminds you need to allow yourself to stop thinking with emotions, and you remind her that you are diplomatic and are very capable of defending your Homeworld’s honor from the one who has destroyed your beloved Pink Diamond.
    Each night you vote in red for someone to shatter.
    You know your Blue pearl to be AustinP007
    You win when all Crystal Gems and Gem monsters are shattered.
    Role: Guardian- once per night you can protect someone from any death other than execution by the village

Yeah I figured I was playing too hard but by that point it was kinda too late so I leaned into it

• Options
    Ugh. We really should have asked for Order of Operations. Vote being the last part of it might have changed the game somewhere along the way.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    It hurts to be right and not listened to.

So, we lost our seer day 1. We didn't group up until Day 3, and then we lost our Masons. Then on Day 4 we lost Segatai.

I really fucked this game up cause I convinced Magic that Segatai could not be trusted. He moved the guard off because of me.

I haven't really been in a leadership role so I was also kinda lost.

• Options
    mmmmmmm grudge vote target found

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yeah I deserve it

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

So, we lost our seer day 1. We didn't group up until Day 3, and then we lost our Masons. Then on Day 4 we lost Segatai.

I really fucked this game up cause I convinced Magic that Segatai could not be trusted. He moved the guard off because of me.

Sometimes things just happen. You did what you could with the information that you had. Hindsight's always 20/20 in a phalla, and there wasn't any way you could have reliably confirmed SeGaTai without the seer.

Some games things just go like this. Learn from the experience and keep playing, I could tell you horror stories of dumb phalla decisions all night long I used to make.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Nah, myself and Pluto were talking in our PMs about how you had to be mafia because a vanillager wouldn't be anywhere NEAR that passionate about the game. But by then it was too late.

That first day shot on Egos and killing Both Pearls was rough.

For what it's worth here was my role description:

My merciful and forgiving Blue Diamond. You are a very mellow Diamond who treats high-ranking members of her court with respect. Your fellow Diamond reminds you need to allow yourself to stop thinking with emotions, and you remind her that you are diplomatic and are very capable of defending your Homeworld’s honor from the one who has destroyed your beloved Pink Diamond.
    Each night you vote in red for someone to shatter.
    You know your Blue pearl to be AustinP007
    You win when all Crystal Gems and Gem monsters are shattered.
    Role: Guardian- once per night you can protect someone from any death other than execution by the village

Yeah I figured I was playing too hard but by that point it was kinda too late so I leaned into it

You convinced me you were village. I've been pretty passionate while a vanillager before.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    TRV you so mafia :p

Jpants and locus - something about them makes me want to always trust them. I can never tell when you guys are mafia.

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »

Sometimes things just happen. You did what you could with the information that you had. Hindsight's always 20/20 in a phalla, and there wasn't any way you could have reliably confirmed SeGaTai without the seer.

Some games things just go like this. Learn from the experience and keep playing, I could tell you horror stories of dumb phalla decisions all night long I used to make.

Yea it's easy to get in your own head and I don't think I realized how on the fence you guys were about trusting me or not from PM's

Im my defense I'll point out the narration seemed fairly clear to me at least; and when I made the call I wouldn't have much of an idea of how the narration was going to describe my kill; would have been a very gutsy play for me to make.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Well, it was a fun game to read at least :P

Thanks for running @MamaWolf

Everyone go watch the show, it's cute!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Thanks for running @MamaWolf!

There was a lot of flavor here (power and narratives). It was fun to see!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »

Jpants and locus - something about them makes me want to always trust them. I can never tell when you guys are mafia.

I can - JPants is mafia when I get Day 1'd for no particular reason! :D

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

No particular reason? You so silly!

For reals though I think i picked the names this time just based on the first two names in the roster that jumped out at me as a threat. So, compliment?

Also, obviously I need to switch up some things because Disc and Lost Ninja seem to always have me figured out when I'm mafia.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I accept any grudging people have for me!
    Hopefully not too much. Just playing the hand I was dealt....
    Also I missed phalla. I should do this more

• Options

I'm grudging all the villagers who followed you

And you, cause duh.

And myself, for being a terrible leader.

Basically everyone left alive at the end except Magic. We cool.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Thanks for tuning this, was fun! Loved the narrations!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

No particular reason? You so silly!

For reals though I think i picked the names this time just based on the first two names in the roster that jumped out at me as a threat. So, compliment?

Also, obviously I need to switch up some things because Disc and Lost Ninja seem to always have me figured out when I'm mafia.

The trick is I literally always assume you are mafia. I’m bound to be right once in a while.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this, @Mamawolf! It was nice to get a phalla game in again after so long away. And thanks to @Green for the narrations.

Boo to you silly fellow villagers :biggrin: and well done to the eeeeeeeevil gem fusion things

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular

I just have one of those faces.

Thanks for running the game Mamawolf and Green! Very interesting twists on standard mechanics.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

I'm grudging you. But only because I like you.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for running! It was fun to play and follow along after I died. I'd have voted for TRV that last day, but apparently for all the wrong reasons mechanically :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Thanks for running! It was fun to play and follow along after I died. I'd have voted for TRV that last day, but apparently for all the wrong reasons mechanically :P

That was the crazy part. They had the right target, for the wrong reasons! So hard to argue against that. I wonder which way I would have gone if I was a villager. The RoleBlock is compelling evidence, but the fusion stuff in the narration.... I think i would have gone for TRV too and hoped that the mafia had 2 fusion gems left and he was one of them (thus the kill being blocked). Tough call though.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I would've voted Jpants and then decried fusion mechanics as being straight need-to-kill-half-the-mafia mechanics.
    And then voted Jpants some more.