As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    That sounds amazing.

ASL is on youtube, or Afreeca, etc.?

ALso, another match fixing scandal it seems.
    https://compete.kotaku.com/starcraft-remastered-pro-arrested-for-match-fixing-1823809648

Not as big as when bad boi sAviOr was implicated years ago.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    It's on Afreeca, but I've been watching it off of Youtube on the AfreecaTV Live Youtube channel. Catching streams live is a real hassle for me, but they upload onto Youtube really fast.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    So I logged into SC Remastered but didn't see anything come up with regards to the free stuff you're supposed to get for the 20-year anniversary.

I also logged into D3.

I thought both of those were live as of 3-6?
    Free loot just for logging in?

You actually need to create a game in D3 to get the pet. Logging in does not give the achievement.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Man, that's a shame about Sky especially. Match fixing just instantly casts a cloud over the fun of these competitions.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The Rumble in the Bronze Facebook page just started updating this week. Promotions for some wrestling events and a "Bronze is back!" comment.

Anyone know who's running the page or what's going on?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I saw that too.

It's definitely not me.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I was considering posting here and trying to figure out what the heck that was. I don't even remember who has ownership of that page.

It was that dude iirc.

Your favourite person, 3clipse.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man, really? Sigh...

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It was that dude iirc.

Huh, I wonder what ol' Joe is up to these days.

• Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Spawningtool now has co-op builds, so I decided since the Swann build they have shown is for temples of the past and the mutator is that map I'd give it a try.

I don't get Swann.

I went 1-1 but I don't think I like how Swann plays. Maybe it was the mutator since his laser was mostly awful as it kept trying to autotarget broodlings, which would die nearly instantly meaning the laser would forever retarget for the most part. The mech units are kinda slow so dodging the fire trails was more taxing than usually and you can't siege tanks up as they will get cooked. It could just be this specific mutator but I just don't really like him.

Going to try out some of the other builds. In general I feel incredibly inefficient in co-op because as I've said many times before it usually is not very challenging. I'd like to change that now that I've been freed of the shackles of they are billions.

Swann was a pretty good choice for that mutator but more due to his extremely cheap flamethrower turrets that roast infinite broodlings/infested terrans.

I like Swann a great deal in co-op but he requires a certain amount early game macro focus to get rolling. Laser upgrades are top priority- less for the beam and more for the abilities. Most mutators will require getting your Hercules and a core of siege tanks out ASAP. The Hercules solves almost all of his mobility issues as it allows him to transport siege tanks (in siege mode!) around the map and redeploy nearly instantaneously with it's teleportation ability. You can do all of the filthy tricks that people did in multiplayer with medivac+siege mode tank except you can instantly load/unload a dozen tanks in the blink of an eye.

Of course such micro-intensive tricks aren't really necessary- you just need to get the tanks to a safe and valuable location- but it certainly helps scale him up if you've got the skills.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Spawningtool now has co-op builds, so I decided since the Swann build they have shown is for temples of the past and the mutator is that map I'd give it a try.

I don't get Swann.

I went 1-1 but I don't think I like how Swann plays. Maybe it was the mutator since his laser was mostly awful as it kept trying to autotarget broodlings, which would die nearly instantly meaning the laser would forever retarget for the most part. The mech units are kinda slow so dodging the fire trails was more taxing than usually and you can't siege tanks up as they will get cooked. It could just be this specific mutator but I just don't really like him.

Going to try out some of the other builds. In general I feel incredibly inefficient in co-op because as I've said many times before it usually is not very challenging. I'd like to change that now that I've been freed of the shackles of they are billions.

Swann was a pretty good choice for that mutator but more due to his extremely cheap flamethrower turrets that roast infinite broodlings/infested terrans.

I like Swann a great deal in co-op but he requires a certain amount early game macro focus to get rolling. Laser upgrades are top priority- less for the beam and more for the abilities. Most mutators will require getting your Hercules and a core of siege tanks out ASAP. The Hercules solves almost all of his mobility issues as it allows him to transport siege tanks (in siege mode!) around the map and redeploy nearly instantaneously with it's teleportation ability. You can do all of the filthy tricks that people did in multiplayer with medivac+siege mode tank except you can instantly load/unload a dozen tanks in the blink of an eye.

Of course such micro-intensive tricks aren't really necessary- you just need to get the tanks to a safe and valuable location- but it certainly helps scale him up if you've got the skills.

he hasn't clicked with me yet but i should give him another shot. i've enjyoed basically every zerg commander (Except zagara, she is super boring) and most of the protoss ones way more. stukov followed by nova are my favorite terrans

edited March 2018
    this mutation is interesting, but seems to be unpopular. had relatively long queues to get partners

edit: ok seriously the TURKING

WingedWeasel on
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This mutation was super fun, I'm tempted to try it again with Nova just to get ridiculous army sizes she normally can't attain.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    skyknyt wrote: »
    This mutation was super fun, I'm tempted to try it again with Nova just to get ridiculous army sizes she normally can't attain.

I had a few people try to go karax and never utilize supply, but juggling when to make units because someone randomly pushed us into starving was often a killer for us. Since they generally on built static on one side and I was the only one hunting turkeys we had problems if they decided to pump workers just before a fight and I started hemmoraghing units before the train even got there.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    It was that dude iirc.

Huh, I wonder what ol' Joe is up to these days.

idling workers and ignoring build orders I'd guess

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Anyone up for some friendly games this weekend?

I haven't logged into SC2 in a long time but it'd be fun to throw down in a non-hyper-serious slap fight.
    NR10 or something.. can be in Blood Bath, Final Destination, or even BGH.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for some friendly games this weekend?

I haven't logged into SC2 in a long time but it'd be fun to throw down in a non-hyper-serious slap fight.
    NR10 or something.. can be in Blood Bath, Final Destination, or even BGH.

I'll play!

edited March 2018
    I'll play brood war. I'm so so bad at it. I'm bad at sc2 now too but I have at least played in the last 5 months. brood war I might as well have never played.

since we have some activity in here, GSL Code S is tonight, second semifinal match and it features Maru so you know it'll be fun. he's against dark, an incredibly good zerg. it's a fight to see who will fight stats in the finals

edit - I say tonight, it's like 2 hours or less away, and I am saying this at 10:30 PM US Eastern time on Friday march the 23rd

Variable on
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I'll play either one. I'm bad at both though

How's tomorrow at 7 PM EST sound?

That's like monday Morn for Dhal I think.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Sounds fun!

I might be 20 mins late. Msg me on bnet!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    K, I'm here!

@Cauld if you want to, add me on bnet.

MMMig#1238

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited March 2018
    You know when someone doesn't reply to your constant "NR10?" questions in-game that they're getting ready for something cheesy. =P
    AKA, bw zealots are friggin STRONG.... geez...

Alas, Dhal and I went 2-1 in his favor.

The one game he lost was in the truly balanced ladder map, BGH. ^^'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    K, I'm here!

@Cauld if you want to, add me on bnet.

MMMig#1238

Sweet, I will. I'm a bit busy this week, but definitely am up to play some games sometime

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I got a gift of fenix co-op in SCII and decided to give it a go
    my first game had my partner flame me from the middle to the end of the match even though we didn't lose
    SCII co-op, not even once

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    StarCraft's 20th Anniversary Stream is running on the StarCraft twitch channel for the rest of the afternoon; it started about 10 minutes ago now? Day9, InControl, and Tastosis are currently shooting the shit about back in the day like a bunch of old men. It also looks like they're streaming from some sort of fluorescently-lit dungeon?

I am watching and will be enjoying but I am bummed tastosis won't be casting the GSL finals tonight

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    IdrA is playing. There's a name from the past!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Oh wow...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Bonus points if MC comes out in his murloc suit dancing everywhere.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    These kinda of things are always a good time.

There are apparently 20th anniv. drops. I got some skins or something it seems.

edited April 2018
    So it's officially the 20th anniversary of StarCraft's release! Happy 20th, everyone.

By actual, genuine coincidence, I'm having some friends over to play the out of print StarCraft board game tonight. I planned this a week or two ago when I hadn't realized what today was. It's fate!

Edit: My brother won, the swine!

BloodySloth on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This last Nation Wars game has been amazing.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I don't expect too much excitement over this considering the general participation in this thread but I gotta mention...

Artosis and iNcontroL are doing a talk show called The Pylon Show. they stream on twitch but *** they're also releasing it as a podcast ***. I'm glad to have something like this period but the fact that I can subscribe to it and listen through my podcast app while I drive adds a whole lot for me so I wanted to make sure everyone knows.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't expect too much excitement over this considering the general participation in this thread but I gotta mention...

Artosis and iNcontroL are doing a talk show called The Pylon Show. they stream on twitch but *** they're also releasing it as a podcast ***. I'm glad to have something like this period but the fact that I can subscribe to it and listen through my podcast app while I drive adds a whole lot for me so I wanted to make sure everyone knows.

Awesome! Thanks for mentioning it, I would probably never have heard about it otherwise, and although I can't play worth a damn, I've always loved watching the game.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

definitely going to check this out. the recent trend of "podcasts" that are video content has been incredibly unfortunate.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

definitely going to check this out. the recent trend of "podcasts" that are video content has been incredibly unfortunate.

I'm actually not sure what Artosis looks like, so I don't know how much I'm going to miss out on not having a camera.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain