As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Put yourself in the mind of a Shaman: your opponent is a Warrior. They've played a N'Zoth's First Mate on one, and then Battle Rage on two. You've cleared up the 1/1 pirate with your Jade Claws. You have a Dirty Rat in hand, and two mana. The Dirty Rat can soak a lot of pirate damage, and it could disrupt any plans that the Warrior has involving battlecry minions. What's the worst that could happen?
    9Hzffzy.jpg

"Ouch. Well, that's bad, but there are ways of dealing with a single big minion," the Shaman probably thinks. "We just need to draw a . . . "
    DRlgH1s.jpg

"FML," says the Shaman, probably.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Put yourself in the mind of a Shaman: your opponent is a Warrior.

You've lost me.

liEt3nH.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I can't for the life of me figure out why a shaman would play Dirty Rat without following it up with Devolve or at least Hex.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    It was just confirmed by Mike Donais that Witchwood Grizzly doesn't damage itself like, say Injured Blademaster or Kvaldir Raider.

That is, if your opponent has 2 cards, it's maximum health will be 10 and it can't be healed above that point.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me figure out why a shaman would play Dirty Rat without following it up with Devolve or at least Hex.

They followed up with Maelstrom Portal. And against Pirates, that'd generally be OK. They had claws, a 2/6, and a portal, so they probably thought that they were in good shape.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    It was just confirmed by Mike Donais that Witchwood Grizzly doesn't damage itself like, say Injured Blademaster or Kvaldir Raider.

That is, if your opponent has 2 cards, it's maximum health will be 10 and it can't be healed above that point.

FUCKING

liEt3nH.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

At least that explains the odd templating.

Still works well with Lady in White

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited March 2018
    On a bit of a different note, anyone paying attention to the Hearthstone Wild Open Finals?

Top 8 deck breakdown

6 Druids (3 Malygos Combo + 3 Jade)
    0 Hunters
    6 Mages (1 Tempo + 1 Secret + 4 Highlander)
    6 Paladins (1 Secret + 1 Highlander + 4 Silver Hand)
    5 Priests (1 Control + 2 Dragon + 2 Big)
    0 Rogues
    1 Shaman (Aggro)
    5 Warlock (2 Highlander + 3 Cube)
    3 Warriors (1 Pirate + 2 Control)

Sir Fabulous on

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I hadn't played any ranked until this week since a couple of games on the 2nd of March after ranked was re-opened.

Just hit Rank 5 with 8 minutes left of the season.

Holeeee sheet.

In the end I used @GMaster7 's Spiteful C'thun. Had a shitshow of bad RNG and bad traction with Dude-adin and Spiteful Priest so I figured fuck it why not?

I feel physically sick now. Last two opponents roped to hell and back. I'm so glad I stuck it out and got those wins.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I just got my first rank 5 since kobolds launched, which is nice. Guess I was more motivated by the new rules. Starting at rank 8 next time sounds nice.

I used Murloc Paladin straight from HS replay. Worked well, capable of some real blowout wins. Vs control warlock felt completely unwinnable, but thankfully they were rare from 10-5. Maybe all the cubelocks were rank 5 way earlier!

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

FUCKING

No fun zone.

Oh you think you've found a use for this niche card? Nope! We made sure it didn't work the way you hoped.

i wasn't going to bring it up in this thread but now that mike donais has spit in my face personally i am

for those who have been tangentially interested in eternal but intimidated by the pre-existing cards they're adding a http://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/sealed-deck-leagues/ sealed league system

liEt3nH.png
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    i wasn't going to bring it up in this thread but now that mike donais has spit in my face personally i am

for those who have been tangentially interested in eternal but intimidated by the pre-existing cards they're adding a http://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/sealed-deck-leagues/ sealed league system

But sealed is always the worst format of any TCG.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    No thank you, I'd like to avoid more extreme RNG :)
    Cthun is gone and I need my RNG fix.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    No thank you, I'd like to avoid more extreme RNG :)
    Cthun is gone and I need my RNG fix.

its shaman time

Every time I play Eternal I wonder why I'm not just playing Magic instead

Also Hex

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Feral wrote: »
    Every time I play Eternal I wonder why I'm not just playing Magic instead

Because Arena is turning into the biggest shitshow in WotC's digital development history, which at this point is really honestly saying something.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Okay. Got Druid to 500 wins last night. Unfortunately, I don't want to stop playing it, because this Spiteful C'Thun Druid deck was wrecking house at Rank 3. Warlocks, Dude Pallies... all were falling.

It's this deck: http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/zarathustras-cthun-spiteful-druid/

MINUS one Grand Archivist, because two is too many of those. Too much RNG, too much draw/overdraw. Instead, I subbed in Ixlid, Fungal Lord, who works wonderfully in a Taunt-heavy, bigguns-heavy deck like this.

AAECAZICBtisAsmvAuC7ApfBApnTApziAgzyBZOtAr6uAs+vAtSvAuKvArazAuvCAofOAvnmAtDnAtfrAgA= (but remember to remove the second Grand Archivist and replace it with something else).

I want you to know this deck is putting in work for me. I rode it through rank 2 and am sitting at rank 1 with 2 stars. It isn't winning every game, but it's definitely winning most of my games.
    I hadn't played any ranked until this week since a couple of games on the 2nd of March after ranked was re-opened.

Just hit Rank 5 with 8 minutes left of the season.

Holeeee sheet.

In the end I used @GMaster7 's Spiteful C'thun.

I know all I did was share a netdeck with a comically minor tweak, but these posts made my night. Thank you :) Love that deck and plan to play it more before Witchwood hits (though I'm feeling a little less excited about my other decks atm and am really looking forward to a new meta).

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    edited April 2018
    New Card - Paladin Epic

Cathedral Gargoyle
    2 Mana
    2/2
    Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, gain Taunt and Divine Shield.

636581594781194796.png

Sir Fabulous on

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    ...they're still on dragon pally???

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    New Card - Paladin Epic

Cathedral Gargoyle
    2 Mana
    2/2

Power de-creep on Shielded Minibot.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I'm impressed that Blizz managed to print a balanced Pally 2 drop that won't be run in aggressive lists.

Good working around Call to Arms.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    614psicqvreb.png

Best change ever confirmed.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    that could absolutely be an aggro card with a few more dragons like Cobalt Scalebane.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Aggro paladin has to run too many 1 drops for dragon packages to ever fit

PSN SeGaTai
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    New Card - Paladin Epic

Cathedral Gargoyle
    2 Mana
    2/2

Power de-creep on Shielded Minibot.

To be fair, Shielded Minibot doesn't have taunt.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    There are well-deserved wins, and then there are these.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/JWgKEaa9LwVTasi8qZsUF5

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Dragons burn down churches though

edited April 2018
    New Card - Warrior Common Weapon

Woodcutter's Axe
    2 Mana
    2/2
    Deathrattle: Give a random friendly Rush minion +2/+1.

636581812860965013.png

Sir Fabulous on

Coinage wrote: »
    Dragons burn down churches though

Right, which is why the architects enchanted the Gargoyle to go into a protective mode when it sensed dragons nearby.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    You cant fool me Sir Fab, clearly that weapon is an April Fool's joke! :rotate:

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I think it's alright. Though I think if you, y'know, dropped the deathrattle and gave it one more damage...

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I liked Eternal! It's a good game that lacks a lot of the RNG elements that frustrate many folks about Hearthstone. Unfortunately, it is clearly a game designed to play on PC, as its Android version is difficult as all get out to read, and the deck builder is very cumbersome. This is one of the things that Blizzard simply annihilates the competition at. HS plays every bit as smooth, every bit as readable on my Pixel 2 as on the rare occasions that I can tolerate being tied to a PC. I am concerned that the same thing will happen with Arena. I want to love it, as simply watching Arena gameplay makes me happy with how precise it is, but if it gives me headaches trying to play on mobile and takes 45 minutes to build a deck, nope. HS still wins.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Woodcutter's Axe
    2 Mana
    2/2

636581812860965013.png

Gonna need sauce because it's Internet Lies To You Day.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I never do this, but I decided to test the ladder early in the month. 4 fucking control warlocks in a row. OK, see ya on the 25th, ladder.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Woodcutter's Axe
    2 Mana
    2/2

636581812860965013.png

Gonna need sauce because it's Internet Lies To You Day.

Woodcutter's Axe is brought to you by 5 Gum.
    3a23189bcab2f526328d37d2dd099829.jpg

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I'm up to 4 Witchwood packs thanks to the pack-a-quest promo.

emnmnme on
    Genuine new card from ek0p:

r9VrDJE.jpg

Deadly Arsenal
    Epic Warrior Spell
    6 mana
    Reveal a weapon from your deck. Deal its Attack to all minions.

Also @3clipse and @Bedlam

Woodcutter's Axe is genuine. Was revealed by a Chinese streamer Tao Mei earlier today and is up on the disguisedtoast.com listing.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Alright hot takes

Cathedral Gargoyle: Very good! I feel like there's some context we're missing here, like a yet-to-be-revealed Paladin Dragon, or just more Dragons in general. But I like this card and this is a very VERY good non-aggro 2 drop. Props, Blizz. (e: entirely possible this won't see play at all, even with contextual Good Paladin Dragons, simply because Call To Arms is just that much stronger and you'd rather run that instead... Dirty Rat has rotated though, so who knows?)

Woodcutter's Axe: Of couuurse it was gonna be a 2 drop Warrior weapon that was gonna have some conditional that Aggro wouldn't want, hahah. I feel like Warrior still probably runs this even just as a 2 mana 2/2. Lord knows they need a goddamn 2 drop weapon. I feel like it'll be similar to Rallying Blade: Most of the time a vanilla weapon, maybe sometimes you get that buff off. Depends on how many Rush cards there are and if they're actually even any good.

Deadly Arsenal: I was kind of excited about this at first, but Warrior Weapons are 3 attack or 2 attack. 6 mana for 3/2 damage aoe isn't great! Just run Warpath and Reckless Flurry and Brawl instead, yeah? Maybe I'm wrong here but....

Neat tho. Gonna wait on that Gargoyle context, cause I feel like there's something missing there.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582