As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2018 [Hotel] Partners and Discussion

1234568»

• NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Just got a nice 'welcome' email from the Westin managers... still not able to access my reservation online, so that's annoying. I'll have to call at some point just to confirm.

S2ieAvx.png
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    NFG wrote: »
    Just got a nice 'welcome' email from the Westin managers... still not able to access my reservation online, so that's annoying. I'll have to call at some point just to confirm.

I called them Monday and they were able to confirm, but only by name. Unless you booked directly with them (which none of us did), any other numbers don't mean anything to them. So give it a shot. :biggrin:

Coincidentally, the welcome email just came through as well.

And so begins the longest, most agonizing seven days ever.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    got a nice email from revere hotel with confirm code and such.tried to access it onm there website and i guess its not in there system yet.i did get an email confirming that im all set so 1 less stressful thing to worry bout woooo.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Still no email from the Midtown... anyone else get one?

• nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2018

I also got the same email. I dont recall getting one last year.

nomisro on
  • ApechowApechow Registered User new member
    edited March 2018
    If anyone is looking to offload a double bed room in Westin, Aloft, or Element, I'd be happy to take it over. Possibly even Seaport.

Apechow on
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Got an email from the Seaport, so I'm good to go!

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    In case anyone has been wondering, it's unlikely you'll be able to access your reservations made through a room block online going forward with Starwood/SPG. They merged with Marriott last year and their systems are going to be adopting a lot of Marriott's functionality. I work for M, and most onpeak/group/block reservations like these aren't able to be modified very easily once they're transferred to the hotel. If you have an SPG account bring the # with you at checkin to add it to your reservation so you can get your points

Potatoeman wrote: »
    In case anyone has been wondering, it's unlikely you'll be able to access your reservations made through a room block online going forward with Starwood/SPG. They merged with Marriott last year and their systems are going to be adopting a lot of Marriott's functionality. I work for M, and most onpeak/group/block reservations like these aren't able to be modified very easily once they're transferred to the hotel. If you have an SPG account bring the # with you at checkin to add it to your reservation so you can get your points

The email received from the managers this week very specifically addressed us as SPG members multiple times, I assume that means they have the SPG info even though it hasn’t been input yet?

Side note, I contacted SPG 2 weeks ago to have a missed stay added to my account, who then referred me to Marriott, and Marriott has not responded to me at all. :(

S2ieAvx.png

The email received from the managers this week very specifically addressed us as SPG members multiple times, I assume that means they have the SPG info even though it hasn’t been input yet?

Side note, I contacted SPG 2 weeks ago to have a missed stay added to my account, who then referred me to Marriott, and Marriott has not responded to me at all. :(

I received an email as well(for the Westin), and the only thing I can think of is that they may have checked our phone# for matching SPG accounts, as I never entered mine.

As for your missing stay, if it was a Starwood hotel it still needs to be handled by the SPG team.. do you know which hotel?

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular

I received an email as well(for the Westin), and the only thing I can think of is that they may have checked our phone# for matching SPG accounts, as I never entered mine.

As for your missing stay, if it was a Starwood hotel it still needs to be handled by the SPG team.. do you know which hotel?

I don't know if it means anything, but I received an email from the Westin referring to me as an SPG member and I literally have no idea what SPG is or have ever heard of it before this thread. I just took it as "Hi, we're a pricey hotel knowing you're about to come here and spend money.".

erdub14zr3u2.png

MephistoN7 wrote: »

I don't know if it means anything, but I received an email from the Westin referring to me as an SPG member and I literally have no idea what SPG is or have ever heard of it before this thread. I just took it as "Hi, we're a pricey hotel knowing you're about to come here and spend money.".

Ah, so it was a blanket email they sent everyone. I thought it might be the case

It was Gaylord National Harbor (Katsucon), and the response I got from the SPG team was:
    While Marriott and Starwood are officially operating as one company, Starwood Preferred Guest and Marriott Rewards are still running as two separate programs. Please send your eFolio to stay.add@marriott.com where one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you with your missing credit claim.

S2ieAvx.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Did anyone else get a Westin Welcome letter when they Aren't actually staying at the Westin? I had a reservation which I cancelled, so I guess I'm calling tomorrow to make sure I'm not on the hook for an extra set of rooms :-1:

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    So, the Gaylord is a Marriott hotel specifically, so you would receive Marriott reward points for it. You can call the rewards team, or email them directly, and receive points for it if you have a Marriott rewards account. Once you have the points on there, you can transfer your Marriott to SPG or Vica-versa. The hotels are supposed to have one unified point system by the end of the year, until then you have to do it this way

• rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    Anyone ever get any issues having 5 people stay in a room? Specifically the element? My cousin returned from his deployment overseas and I was thinking of bringing him with us since i can get all 4 days for retail locally from someone who is no longer attending. but that would put my group at 5 in a double bedded room, also would 5 in the element be comfortable/roomy?

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    rpgamer246 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get any issues having 5 people stay in a room? Specifically the element? My cousin returned from his deployment overseas and I was thinking of bringing him with us since i can get all 4 days for retail locally from someone who is no longer attending. but that would put my group at 5 in a double bedded room, also would 5 in the element be comfortable/roomy?

I've stayed at the element a couple times. 5 should be doable, whoever is sleeping on the floor should keep in mind the floors are not carpeted (there's a rug around the bed) and if my feet remember correctly can be a bit cold to step on, so I'd imagine sleeping on would also be cold.

• rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    GhostDan wrote: »
    rpgamer246 wrote: »

I've stayed at the element a couple times. 5 should be doable, whoever is sleeping on the floor should keep in mind the floors are not carpeted (there's a rug around the bed) and if my feet remember correctly can be a bit cold to step on, so I'd imagine sleeping on would also be cold.

awesome thanks! I figure if I do get a 2 queens in the room judging from photos theres a couch to sleep on too, Hopefully I have no trouble sneaking him in lol

Anyone who booked the Element make sure to keep up with your email. Apparently they overbooked rooms there and are moving some people to the Aloft. Just a heads-up

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Anyone who booked the Element make sure to keep up with your email. Apparently they overbooked rooms there and are moving some people to the Aloft. Just a heads-up

Well that's terrifying. I'm at the Element, haven't seen anything yet, but really hoping that doesn't happen. Did that happen to you or did you just hear about it?

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    The Element / Aloft issue was reported on Reddit

https://reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/88bf2w/anyone_that_booked_directly_with_their_hotels_get/

It appears to impact people who booked directly through the hotel, rather than through OnPeak.

imnotalawyer on
    faPgNTD
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Just read thru on on Reddit. I get that it happens, tho I have trouble understanding how it does with everything being done online/electronic. Just checking my SPG account my reservation still seems to be standing. But I feel bad for those who got the boot, the kitchen is is so convenient and honestly the reason we booked there. Not that I cook in the hotel, but a full fridge and an extra sink is awesome

5fhxvn385q28.png
    The way it usually ends up happening is: Someone makes reservations online/themselves etc. outside the block. PAX has a block setup holding X amount of rooms, which doesn't get transferred to hotel inventory until weeks prior to the event. It IS possible to book more reservations on-site than the block would allow, and it is sometimes preferred, but then thisn situation comes up sometimes where they're overbooked. It sucks, but it's possible because of the way to block inventory works.

If your room is moved, you may be able to be compensated partially by the hotel in terms of points, but otherwise you'll just have to live with the other room:( pretty unlikely people will cancel this close to the date

• bbqsbbbqsb Registered User regular
    Anyone received their Renaissance confirmations yet? Considering my reservation starts in three days, I'm hoping I receive it soon. I can still see it through OnPeak, so that should mean I still have it. Only getting slightly paranoid.

wchc2rv9iv1v.png
    bbqsb wrote: »
    Anyone received their Renaissance confirmations yet? Considering my reservation starts in three days, I'm hoping I receive it soon. I can still see it through OnPeak, so that should mean I still have it. Only getting slightly paranoid.

When you login to onpeak, you should be able to click on the right that says view my reservation, and it should have your confirmation number for the hotel

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    You should be able to call the hotel directly and get your reservation by this point.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    edited - found what I needed. please delete this post.

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017