As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    ooo an xbox x update too

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    PTS notes for the next patch, inc the new global events and the Divtech changes
    Global Event 5 – Blackout

Blackout

Always active: Agents are equipped with Shock Ammo that stuns enemies. Shooting or running builds your Charge meter - the more Charge, the more damage you inflict.

Extreme Blackout

Blackout behavior, plus you can instantly kill enemies with Overcharged melee attacks, but if you miss you will stun yourself and your allies.

Total Blackout

Extreme Blackout behavior, plus your Charge meter will cool down faster when close to other group members.

Global Event 6 – Onslaught

Onslaught

Always active; Deal Burn, Bleed, and Gas effects to enemies in addition to normal damage. Reload to change the effect.

Savage Onslaught

Onslaught behavior, enemies are vulnerable to one effect type and resistant to others. Agents take increased damage from resistant enemies.

Brutal Onslaught

Savage Onslaught behavior, plus when two or more group members kill a vulnerable enemy within two seconds, each member can reload to gain a damage bonus for a single clip.

New Commendation

Over 40 new Commendations unlockable in the new Global Events.

New Legendary Difficulty Missions

Amherst’s Apartment.
    Grand Central Station.

Game Changes

Division Tech increases
    Daily Combat, Crafting, Survival and Dark Zone Quests now reward the player with 25 Div Tech each.
    Weekly Open World and Weekly Underground Assignments reward the player with 100 Div Tech each.
    Season Pass Supply Drops now award 100 Division Tech.
    Vendor Changes
    Added a Classified Gear cache to the Special Vendor that guarantees 1 Classified Gear piece from the entire pool.
    Global Events Vendor
    Removed the basic cache from the vendor.
    Each Global Event will now have individual caches per Classified Gear set for that Global Event. This allows the player to purchase, for example, a Fire Crest cache that guarantees one item from that set.
    Bosses in the Resistance game mode now award 100 Global Event tokens.
    Exotic Loot drops
    Removed Premium Vendor Exotics from Open World loot pool and Exotic Caches
    All Exotics added to the Open World Bosses.
    Classified Gear Drop Rates
    Classified Drop Rates chances have been increased in all locations.
    Legendary Missions now have a 20% chance to give Classified Gear as a reward at the completion of the mission
    Season Pass Supply Drops now have a 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
    Survival Caches now has a roughly 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
    Classified Gear
    Classified Firecrest 6 piece talent now gives immunity to the player’s own fire.

Bug Fixes

Skills

Fixed an issue where the Mobile Cover Blast Shield mod explosion had no effect.
    Fixed an issue where the Sticky Bomb Disruptor mod and the base Seeker Mine would affect neutral players in the Dark Zone.
    Fixed an issue where the UI indicated that certain Support Station mods were affecting neutral players.

Global Events

Players are no longer able to kill Joe Ferro using explosives from the Strike Global Event while he is still in the spawning room.

Dark Zone

Fixed an issue where a player dying during the Manhunt Interact caused the sound to loop.
    The "Group gone Rogue" message no longer appears when a player with Rogue status enters the game while not in a group.
    Fixed an issue where the UI for the Rogue timers would flash between different times.

Fixed various locations in the Dark Zone where the player could get stuck.

Underground

Certain Named NPCs tended to disappear from the Underground. We forced them back.
    Fixed issues related to a confused JTF officer.

Fixed a weird door.

Survival

Fixed the display of the Survival weekly assignment for players under maximum level.

Missions

Fixed an issue where players would only receive one cache instead of three when completing the secret mission.

Commendations

"Marathon" Commendation now requires players to access the Camp Clinton safe house in order to unlock.
    The “Facetime“ Commendation now tracks requirements appropriately.
    Fixed the activity modifier requirement for some Global Event commendations.
    "Search and Destroy" Commendation now tracks for missions completed.
    "Flawless Underground" Commendation has been fixed to be awarded when all conditions are met.
    "Directive Executive" Commendation now awards when the proper conditions are met.

Commendations for the Global Event: Assault will no longer appear if the Global Event is not active.

Gear

Fixed an issue where the area of effect of the Firecrest fire was larger than the visuals indicated.

World

Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck on a concrete block in West Side Pier.
    Fixed an instance in West Side Pier where players could get stuck outside playable area.
    Somehow located and removed an invisible ladder.
    There was a wall in Pier 93 that didn’t look right. It looks right now. We also fixed a weird ramp in there.
    There was a corrupted texture outside of the Carrier. It has been rehabilitated.
    Agents can no longer see outside of the game world in certain locations of Last Stand.

Fixed evil trash bin and bags.

Console

Players will now be disconnected from the game servers when logging out of their PlayStation accounts.
    Fixed an issue where the player would get stuck on the loading screen when accepting a console game invite while on the loading screen.

Misc

Fixed various technical issues that would make the game crash on PC.

"Time Played" now appears on the Agent Selection screen instead of "Last Played".

Premium Store

There were tabs in the store that appeared empty. We filled them.
    Players can no longer see secondary weapons when previewing backpack skins.

Firecrest fix is nice, I didn't get a full set together, but setting yourself on fire from a set bonus didn't sound ideal!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    "Somehow located and removed an invisible ladder" is a good patch note.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Man, if they manage to include all these changes in The Division 2 instead of pulling a Destiny 2 then they'll be on top of the loot shooter game for sure.

Also
    Players are no longer able to kill Joe Ferro using explosives from the Strike Global Event while he is still in the spawning room.

what explosives could you get?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The Strike GE, when you killed an enemy they dropped a grenade, which on the "harder" versions primed anyone it hit. Primed enemies were one-shotted by dropped grenades, so you could domino packs of mobs really quickly and it seems in this instance, through walls.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Those all look like excellent changes. The Div Tech changes and dedicated caches for each set are essentially fixing my two biggest peaves right now.

• Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Changes look great except my chance to create a lone star set won't benefit from the cache change!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Um...is it just me, or does it seem like Ubisoft really doesn't want to hand out any of the freebies for watching The Division's twitch stream? I mean, every morning I wake up to a new Twitch notification telling me that TheDivision went live at 3:45am (I'm in Hawaii right now...but even if I were at home, that'd still be 5:45am).

EDIT - guess the twitch stuff is geared more for their UK/EU players at the moment...maybe they'll stream for the NA crowd later on in the month.

I work from 11am to either 6pm or 8pm Central time so what I did was have the window open to their Twitch stream and then just refreshed it before I went to bed and again before I went to work and I got a lot of freebies

Oddly I didn't get in on the first stream by doing this but I think that was Logitech's fault because their software has apparently had a random memory leak they haven't fixed for like a year and a half and it's finally hit my machine.

Speaking of which... yup 4.1GB of RAM usage and climbing. Good job Logitech.

Anyone have the deets on this weekends GE?

Maybe the stream drops just hate me. They actually had a decently timed stream (a hair after noon or so Pacific Time), tuned in (was logged in, accounts linked, everything looked green) for the whole stream (it ended around 3pm), and got bupkiss. The Twitch window was live and active (on a second monitor), but not a single cipher key fragment drop for the duration I watched (which, if you're keeping track, should've been around 6 drops).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    You might end up with drops when you log into the game, I got notifications from my first lot, but the rest haven't shown up until I checked the vendor in game and found about 20 cypher fragments waiting for me

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Do they have a stream loot event for this weekends GE? 'cause I watched it and didn't get anything so far.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    I'm assuming hosted streams don't count?

• Options
    afaik it's all streams all month on the main Division channel, but it has to be Live, rather than a rebroadcast or archive.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    okay, they're hosting some guy or something and I"ve left it on, so we'll see what happens I guess.

edit: it's been on in the background for like an hour now and I haven't seen any notifications, so I'm assuming it's them streaming live and not live hosted streams on their channel.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    afaik it's all streams all month on the main Division channel, but it has to be Live, rather than a rebroadcast or archive.

I thought it had to be the Ubisoft Stream?

• Options
    You might end up with drops when you log into the game, I got notifications from my first lot, but the rest haven't shown up until I checked the vendor in game and found about 20 cypher fragments waiting for me

Nope...haven't gotten anything since the first day.
    ObiFett wrote: »

I thought it had to be the Ubisoft Stream?

And I'm pretty sure it's only "Live" streams being played by the official Ubi/Massive crew on TheDivisionGame channel.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Two things:

there's a stream on now (10:00 EST)

whenever drops are active, there's a line below the stream title and stuff that says "Drops enabled..."

• Options
    Two things:

whenever drops are active, there's a line below the stream title and stuff that says "Drops enabled..."

Yup...this was active yesterday for the 3 hour stream I watched. Still got nothing from watching it.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Picked this up in the spring sale. Any tips for a new player?

• Options
    Two things:

Yup...this was active yesterday for the 3 hour stream I watched. Still got nothing from watching it.

missed this response, it may be country/region locked? though I didn't think it was? IDK.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Two things:

missed this response, it may be country/region locked? though I didn't think it was? IDK.

I actually figured it out by actually reading the giveaway notes super carefully: there's a cap to how many cypher keys/fragments you can get from watching the stream. Apparently, I hit that cap on the first day (45 cypher key fragments and the 6 keys).

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Dont be afraid to craft weapons/armor as you level.

There is no point in hoarding low level crafting materials

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Feel free to play the game at your own pace to level 30. The story progression through the game is actually pretty fun.

Also like Al-wat said don't be afraid to craft. None of the low level crafting materials are really worth anything once you hit 30 so feel free to use them up.

Check out vendors for weapons occasionally as you level because it can really start to suck playing solo if your gear gets too far behind as you level.

If you ever find yourself short on money or just want some free cash hit me up and I'll bring you into a world tier 5, do a world boss run and share the dropped gold gear to sell to the vendor. One run and you'll probably be set money-wise all the way to 30.

• Options

Feel free to play the game at your own pace to level 30. The story progression through the game is actually pretty fun.

Also like Al-wat said don't be afraid to craft. None of the low level crafting materials are really worth anything once you hit 30 so feel free to use them up.

Check out vendors for weapons occasionally as you level because it can really start to suck playing solo if your gear gets too far behind as you level.

If you ever find yourself short on money or just want some free cash hit me up and I'll bring you into a world tier 5, do a world boss run and share the dropped gold gear to sell to the vendor. One run and you'll probably be set money-wise all the way to 30.

That would be awesome if you're up for it, I'm Alpha_Night on Xbox.

• Options

That would be awesome if you're up for it, I'm Alpha_Night on Xbox.

Oh, well shit when you said spring sale I assumed you meant PC

Might be able to find some xbox peoples that would do it for you though?

A full run of the world bosses only takes like a half hour and they all drop Global Event credits for current event (150 credits each, 14 bosses so more than enough for one of the good GE crates)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey everyone
    I reinstalled this today because I wanted to check out the latest patch and content that a friend was telling me were worth the time; I fell off hard after Underground and haven't gone back since then

However, upon setting foot in the West Side Pier area I am just getting stomped to the point that I can't even get past the first couple of enemy spawns to actually get to a mission

I've been away for so long and I know the last patch made a lot of changes, so can anyone tell me what gear score I should be for the new area? I'm at something like 125. I haven't kept up with basically any of the old events that dropped higher level gear

• Options
    Gear Score 256 or so is the top tier now and is West Side Pier is designed for. If you haven't picked up many of the phones and other collectibles in the world they are worth 110k xp each, and you get a free loot box for each 400k of xp you make. I used that to farm upgrades until I was in the top tier, then started running stuff in groups, making sure to do dailies. In the group play you'll get set pieces, and I focused on putting together a 4x Striker 2x Nomad set that gives you good dps and lots of healing on a kill.

Once you have that, you can work your way up to Legendary difficulty missions. Once per week (resets Monday) you can get an exotic box for each Legendary you complete, and it's one of the best ways to farm classified gear pieces. Classified makes the incredibly powerful 6-piece sets. The three guns you want to get are Big Al, Machine Gun; Showstopper, Shotgun; and House, SMG.

If you play on Xbox I can run you through world bosses to get 256+ Yellows to jump start your progress.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey everyone
    I reinstalled this today because I wanted to check out the latest patch and content that a friend was telling me were worth the time; I fell off hard after Underground and haven't gone back since then

However, upon setting foot in the West Side Pier area I am just getting stomped to the point that I can't even get past the first couple of enemy spawns to actually get to a mission

I've been away for so long and I know the last patch made a lot of changes, so can anyone tell me what gear score I should be for the new area? I'm at something like 125. I haven't kept up with basically any of the old events that dropped higher level gear

An expert can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are "world tiers" of difficulty now and you're probably set to too high of one. Try dropping it lower and seeing if that helps.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Hey everyone

Your world tier scales with your gear score so the content is always appropriate for your level of power.

A good idea is to get gear which increases your stamina - try to get this up around 6000-7000 (at tier 5) and your survivability will increase dramatically. From there decide if you want to use guns or skills to kill things and look for gear that increases either firearms or electronics, respectively.

To quickly increase your gear score you can take search and destroy missions from the boards in each of the safe houses (these open up after you complete all the encounters and side missions in an area, encounters are the smaller tasks that reward wing unlock points). It doesn't matter what gear drops; as long as it increases your gear score you should equip it at this stage. Once you get to world tier 5 you should be looking for gear that you want to keep.

Don't bother with gear sets or exotics yet - just play around with whatever weapons and armour talents you feel comfortable with.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Hey everyone

As suggested, clear up the phones etc if you haven't. Then set your world tier as high as you can can (which is probably like 2 or so) and run the named bosses

tc-the-division-named-boss-locations-colored.jpg

equip whatever drops and you should climb up the tiers pretty fast. The max is 5 where good set items start dropping. If you don't hit 5 after killing all the named bosses, go do a few of the search and destroy missions in the hideouts, that's pretty quick way to get some drops.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I would wait going for phones and other collectibles until hitting the highest WT as possible. They give a substantial xp boost each time which goes toward better high level gear through caches.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Whoof
    This might be more than I'm willing to work on right now

• Options
    It sounds like it'll take ages to get to tier 5, but really it's an hour or so and then you're off to the races tbh.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    yeah I remember during the WT1-5 grind getting upgrades like crazy. It doesn't take all that long.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I hit Tier 5 in like two play sessions after hitting level cap, it's really easy.

• Options
    Whoof
    This might be more than I'm willing to work on right now

@Grey Ghost
    Are you playing on PC? If so I can probably get you geared up to do World Tier 5 in probably an hour or so tops.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    At this stage I actually have more faith in The Division 2 than Anthem because TD2 has a couple of years of TD1 lessons behind it.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    At this stage I actually have more faith in The Division 2 than Anthem because TD2 has a couple of years of TD1 lessons behind it.

This is definitely a really good point. Plus, Massive has been good about learning lessons and making improvements. As long as they don't just scrap all of the D1 improvements and start from scratch (like Bungie did), they'll be in a good spot.

I'm not sure where a Div2 could take place. It has to be in a city, right? At this point, they've expanded to cover most of the interesting stuff in NYC. They've already done Chicago with Watch Dogs. I'm not really sure what's next.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

Yeah the more info that slips about Anthem the more worrying it sounds and it is not like Anthem's announcement started off on the right foot to begin with.

For a Div2 I'd like to see Detroit. At the very least I'd love for it to stay in winter cause winter is the best.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »

Yeah the more info that slips about Anthem the more worrying it sounds and it is not like Anthem's announcement started off on the right foot to begin with.

For a Div2 I'd like to see Detroit. At the very least I'd love for it to stay in winter cause winter is the best.

I dunno...I think I'd prefer D.C. I kinda like the idea of having an end-ish game mission take place in the Smithsonian.