As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

this is a high quality, interesting thread made by an entertaining poster

SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEADmargaritavilleRegistered User regular
april fools!

post april fools stuff i guess

https://9to5google.com/2018/03/31/roundup-google-alphabet-april-fools-2018/

google did a wheres waldo thing? i bet some more people did stuff too

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    April Fool's day is my least favorite thing.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "April fools! I'm not dead after all!"

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hi farg
    I don't understand your april fool's joke

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just love the Pokémon GO stuff. I hope they make it optional in the future.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Playing Where's Waldo was fun, even if I was ready to murder someone while trying to find all the Woofs.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I love you all.

April fools!

I would never force such a strong term on people. I enjoy your company!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    DrCongo wrote: »
    I just love the Pokémon GO stuff. I hope they make it optional in the future.

Pokémon: GO is entirely optional. I stopped playing it completely in 2016.

Also where is my. Pokemon/Counterstrike:GO crossover?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The problem with pranks is that there is a razor thin line between funny and mean and most people do not understand the difference.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The only prank team I've ever enjoyed is the just for laughs gags team. They are always well thought out and never mean spirited.

The bystander is rarely directly pranked either it's more of a get wtf reactions type stuff from what's happening near them

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    to this day, the best corporate april fool i've ever witnessed was [adult swim] doing an unannounced marathon of Perfect Hair Forever, in backwards order, with VHS tracking errors and engrish subtitles.

i had also never seen or heard of the show before.

it was perfect.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I legit liked that show because of its absolute utter post-modernist stupidity

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    to this day, the best corporate april fool i've ever witnessed was [adult swim] doing an unannounced marathon of Perfect Hair Forever, in backwards order, with VHS tracking errors and engrish subtitles.

i had also never seen or heard of the show before.

it was perfect.

The best April Fools Adult Swim did was bringing back Toonami.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The time they drew mustaches and stuff on everything was good, too.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Playing Where's Waldo was fun, even if I was ready to murder someone while trying to find all the Woofs.

I remembered where almost everything was, so I had trouble on the ones Odlaw and Wenda were added to.

That probably says something about me.

• Options
    The problem with pranks is that there is a razor thin line between funny and mean and most people do not understand the difference.

The greatest pranks I've heard of was my friend swapped his roommates box spring and mattress. When he came home drunk he jumped on to the box spring, cursed, and stormed out. He didn't come back for like 3 days.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    there's been a lot of april fools backlash this year. i don't remember there being this much last year

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Think that's the trend for a lot of stuff
    People seems more jaded and easily irritated nowadays

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    *puts rocks into pockets and walks into the ocean*

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Goodbye, friend

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    there's been a lot of april fools backlash this year. i don't remember there being this much last year

I've always seen a fair amount in my circles but I could just be selecting for other people who absolutely hate the holiday.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've been gradually hating April Fools more and more for years. It's comedy for people who aren't funny.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So many people just cross the line from funny or silly to genuinely mean and it's ruined the entire holiday for me (and the idea of pranks in general).

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I absolutely loathe april fools

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Like everything, April Fools has been subverted by corporations in an attempt to prove they are hip and lovable and not bleeding the populace dry day by day to fill the gaping endless maw created by their very existence.

Eat at Arby’s.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I didn't even see any silly jokes from the gaming community or anything this year.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I saw one joke where a bunch of adults were ridiculing kids who had survived a mass shooting for standing up against gun violence.

Wasn't very funny though.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I thought this was a perfect April Fools prank

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Lexus thing is pretty funny. http://www.lexus.com/geneticselect/

Other than that a pretty dull year

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I feel like this year has been subdued because 1: Sunday and 2: Easter.

I'd really love it though if it's also an underlying notion that with the rise of "fake news" and the current global political climate, people finally have no more patience for this bullshit, even on the one day we've "designated" as Bullshit Day.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The Pokemon company ran their official Twitter account yesterday as if it had been hijacked by Team Rocket. It was pretty silly and neat. It's already changed back to normal though.

• Options
    Still waiting for the follow-up to

https://youtu.be/XW5_znL2i7E