As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking For Thursday Non-PAX Beer Companion

LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
So I’m actually just flying in to Boston for pre-PAX activities and not to attend PAX itself. One of those activities is some business research about breweries. Yes! I legitimately get to go drink beer in the name of research.

I’m going to Harpoon and Trillium on Thursday and would love to find someone to tag along who also loves beer and isn’t going to be at PAX that day.

In the interest of clarity, It’s not an offer to treat anybody; we’d each be paying our own tabs.

Anyone?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    We won’t be free, but the Harpoon Brewery is one of our favorite parts of PAX. They make delicious soft pretzels with a wide array of dipping sauces - make sure to save room! Oh - and the beer tastes even better off the tap there!

Your research job is enviable.

faPgNTD
  • DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    Right now I'm torn between buying a Thurs ticket even though I'm missing half the day (I get into Boston on Thursday afternoon) or just going out in the town for the afterparties. So if my buddies tell me that I'm not missing out on anything within PAX then I'll drop you a line. I'm not much of a beer person but I'm always willing to dive into something new.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Im traveling with a group from NYC > Boston on Thursday and planned on hitting both of those breweries. What time will you be going?

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Im traveling with a group from NYC > Boston on Thursday and planned on hitting both of those breweries. What time will you be going?

I have to head to the airport around 3:30, so basically anytime before that.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular

I think we get into Boston at Noon, not sure if we'll have enough time to eat beforehand and make it to breweries before 3:00pm.

• abartholabarthol Registered User new member
    Hi,
    First-time poster, but long time Bostonian (and beer drinker). Specifically, what are you looking for? Boston is home to a lot of very good and GABF winning breweries, but they're scattered around a little bit.

Heres a quick map I keep around of local breweries with visiting, for friends coming in from out of town. Hope that helps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12cFn4hxh-gOQcW_YCIb_rv9smDU&usp=sharing

I think we get into Boston at Noon, not sure if we'll have enough time to eat beforehand and make it to breweries before 3:00pm.

Boooo!!

• TetraMasterTetraMaster Registered User new member
    Ermmm I can probably swing by to hang out for a bit but I'm allergic alcohol haha

• GorillamonkGorillamonk Registered User new member
    So I’m actually just flying in to Boston for pre-PAX activities and not to attend PAX itself. One of those activities is some business research about breweries. Yes! I legitimately get to go drink beer in the name of research.
    ...Anyone?

Super lucky to get to research some of these breweries, and I wish I could make it out with you. if you don't mind me asking, What sort of research is it?

• GorillamonkGorillamonk Registered User new member
    abarthol wrote: »
    Hi,
    Heres a quick map I keep around of local breweries with visiting, for friends coming in from out of town. Hope that helps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12cFn4hxh-gOQcW_YCIb_rv9smDU&usp=sharing

I never knew about Turtle Swamp Brewery! Thanks for the information.

...Anyone?

Super lucky to get to research some of these breweries, and I wish I could make it out with you. if you don't mind me asking, What sort of research is it?

It’s for a place I’m co-opening up in Seattle. Ask me for more details privately if you’re curious; keeping this thread on topic.

• JChace029JChace029 Registered User regular
    Lexi,

You’d be missing out if you didn’t head to Everett and hit up Night Shift Brewery. Hands down one of the best in the state.

Thanks for the recs everybody. I found some beer buddies. Cheers!

• GanybytesGanybytes Registered User regular
    abarthol wrote: »
    Hi,
    First-time poster, but long time Bostonian (and beer drinker). Specifically, what are you looking for? Boston is home to a lot of very good and GABF winning breweries, but they're scattered around a little bit.

You should add Backlash

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    JChace029 wrote: »
    Lexi,

You’d be missing out if you didn’t head to Everett and hit up Night Shift Brewery. Hands down one of the best in the state.

Night Shift will just opened up their new "test" brewery / restaurant / cafe by North Station by the time PAX comes around!

https://nightshiftfamily.com/brewing/locations/lovejoy-wharf/

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2019
    Closing since this thread was for a specific request from a forumer last year. Feel free to make a new thread about local breweries or similar around pax.

zerzhul on
This discussion has been closed.