As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Yeast 2018 (Craft beer swap)

CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
edited March 2018 in PAX East
Hello, PAXers!

It's getting to be that time of year again, and you know what that means...PAX Yeast is almost here!

This year, PAX Yeast will be taking place on Friday, April 6th, from 6:30 pm to at least 8:00 pm. @Cataleptical (Dennis) and @ViolentMustard (Kristin) will be hosting at the Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport (a short walk away from the BCEC). Previous hosts have included @f33rNapalm and @Kemical.

What is PAX Yeast?
Now in its 4th year, it's a gathering of geeky beer enthusiasts who like to get together, taste some awesome craft beers, and swap bottles with other members. It's great to take home beers from different locales that you wouldn't otherwise experience. We've also branched out to West and Unplugged in recent years.

So, how does this work?
Your ticket in is a six pack or two of your favorite local craft beer (go for obscure—no offense, but we've heard of Stone and Yuengling). We’ll put all the beers in a pile, and you’ll get take home the same number of beers you brought. You can also bring a 750-mL bomber or two for tasting. Do you home brew? Bring it along! We'd love to try it.

We're also planning to have some pizzas delivered, so if you're going to eat, chipping in a few bucks when the delivery person gets there would be appreciated.

What's the catch?
Just a few things:
- This is a 21+ event. Sorry, but we can't accommodate any underage PAXers, even if they stay sober. It's just too risky.
- This is NEITHER a PAX-sponsored party NOR any other sanctioned party (which is why it's not on the party list). It's just a gathering (so don't expect any SWAG :) ).
- Currently, there are only 10 spaces available.

Sounds awesome! How do I get in?
First, head on over to our Facebook group and join up. This is a private group and will be used to post the room location and other important information. (If you don't have Facebook, DM me and we'll work something out.) There, you'll find the sign-up sheet where you can add your name, your +1, and what beers you're bringing.

We hope to see you there!

379by4cj0i1l.png
Cataleptical on

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    If you're looking to sample the gamut of craft beers from wherever, I recommend stopping by if you can.

• Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I mentioned this on the Facebook side of things but I will be providing some beer from Down the Road in Everett, MA. If you like it, come visit our taproom, it's a short uber ride from the city!

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Late in joining up, so I may or may not make it; I'd prefer the former.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.