As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Freedom

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Freedom

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• cmdshft4cmdshft4 Registered User regular
    I have had a civilian step in front of my scope as I pull the trigger to pop a peggy. I don't even worry about saving the captured ones when I take a new location. This is Montana: toughen up or get what you deserve.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    The position of the arms (still running) in the last panel is the cherry on top.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    In my experience, it's usually ninja bears that pop out of nowhere and kill the civilian I just saved. I've also watched as they're like "Hey thanks! I'd be dead if it weren't for you!" and then get in my car and drive off... WTF asshole?!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • f2728585f2728585 Registered User new member
    edited April 2018
    Straight-up got mauled by a cougar! (@ 1:13)
    https://youtu.be/v5Lmkm5EF5E?t=73

f2728585 on
  • ebsyndromeebsyndrome Registered User new member
    I saved a civilian outside of a shrine and he ran off screaming despite the threat being neutralized. I watched him run off and threw a Molotov to blow up the shrine. Dude comes running back toward the shrine screaming and boom ...blew him clear off a cliff and the game warns me not to kill innocents.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    At least that guy died in a much more interesting way than the actual bosses do.

Seriously, for all the game talks up the Seeds as the most despicable, deranged assholes ever, the actual fights against them are pretty tame. These guys are literally flying planes and conjuring hallucinogenic effects to attack you, and they're still boring. They don't even die in creative ways, they just stay alive long enough to taunt you before collasping and dying.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    That cougar is so excited

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    That cougar is so excited
    Peaches, NOOOO...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • altdoomaltdoom Registered User regular
    Same thing happened to me in Skyrim with a Stormcloak prisoner I freed he ran into a Mudcrab.

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    When Joe was told he was cougar bait, he was expecting something else.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    When Joe was told he was cougar bait, he was expecting something else.

I dont know, even the most positive application of that phrase isnt without danger

20080829.jpg

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Why, just tonight in some FC5 world exploration, I saved a chap from a couple bad dudes. Then bear out of nowhere and now the guy I saved is dead.

Hey. Free bear pelts for me.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Out of context this is horrifying.

Fuck off and die.
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Life is a cruel mistress.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Wow... that... was actually the full and unaltered cut from the movie. That's the first time I've seen that referenced w/o it not being from the Lion King in a while. o_o

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”