As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I just received a package from Kazakhstan

Inside were wooden Sans and Papyrus and a stand to put then on

I have no idea where this came from or why it was sent from Kazakhstan

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    It might be good to check them for curses.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Was this part of some special edition or something I forgot about? I wasn't a Kickstarter backer but I did get the collectors edition from Fangamer.

But why Kazakhstan?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Was this part of some special edition or something I forgot about? I wasn't a Kickstarter backer but I did get the collectors edition from Fangamer.

But why Kazakhstan?

[Borat joke]

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Oh wow i really like the ruins design, that's really tempting

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Last batch of trolls.

tumblr_p5lc74MoOP1ruddclo1_1280.png

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    You know

As you do

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that picture is what the pips call "extremely cursed"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I legit want those pants those

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    This

This is what we have missed out on for so long, because he had to shut himself away to make a game.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    tinauntinaun Registered User regular
    theres a new homestuck site now!

it kinda works on mobile?!

things are weird

• Options
    Something to do with Viz buying WhatPumpkin. There's been a shakeup in the creative side of things too, with various people being let go, but a lot of that is under NDA.

• Options
    When did Viz buy WhatPumpkin?

• Options
    edited April 2018
    https://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/v/1006506
    San Francisco, CA, October 6, 2017 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media),a premier company in the fields of publishing, animation distribution, and global entertainment licensing, has announced the acquisition of the HOMESTUCK web comic and plans for its print release beginning in April 2018.
    We're getting closer to April I guess, so things are happening.

I may be mistaken about What Pumpkin being owned by Viz, maybe they have the print side of things only? But I'd assume (and it makes sense) that they'd buy the whole thing for simplicity's sake.
    edit- with the What Pumpkin logo being removed from the site, I guess Viz doesn't own What Pumpkin? James Roach mentioned a parent company of WP, which everyone assumes is Viz, in a now deleted tumblr post. So it's not ownership but it's practically the same thing.

If it isn't Viz pulling strings then that leaves the departures from WP unexplained. 2 to 4 so far. Poinko and James Roach are out, Cohen changed his twitter from "makes hiveswap" to "made hiveswap" (which could mean anything really) and I saw something saying Shelby has left too but that seemed especially nebulous and poorly sourced (and considering the cloud of secrecy, speculation and NDAs around Hiveswap that's saying something).

editedit- Shelby and Cohen are putting out requests for work on twitter so it seems like they're out too. :(

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    That’s depressing

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh god dammit.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh god

oh god this is my fault

last night I went and watched cascade like four times back to back to back, but not on youtube like I knew I should have, on the site, and now hussie's had to sell homestuck

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hmm, wonder what they'll do for 413 this year.

I bet they'll reveal two more trolls!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I feel like I should re-read and finally finish HomeStuck because it gets destroyed and chopped up by corporations.

Also weird question: How would Homestuck even work in print form? I mean theres all the animations and stuff

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I feel like I should re-read and finally finish HomeStuck because it gets destroyed and chopped up by corporations.

Also weird question: How would Homestuck even work in print form? I mean theres all the animations and stuff

from memory (I could literally walk over to my bookshelf and look this up but fuck it), Andrew just used important key-frames from the animation as singular frames.

• Options
    The current site is missing some things from the story, but they're in the process of upgrading it so you can read it on mobile, which is neat? tbh the missing stuff is annoying but not a dealbreaker for me. Most of it is some missed details or wrong links, but some of it is removing loose ends or references to older comics or easter eggs.

My guess is that this is an early launch of something that was meant to happen on 413. Hopefully most of the bugs are fixed soon.

• Options
    Hmm, wonder what they'll do for 413 this year.

I bet they'll reveal two more trolls!

The first book comes out that day.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Bucketman wrote: »

From the (now original, I guess?!?) Book One:
    VwVih.jpg
    I apparently took picture image 6 years ago, which makes me feel, well, something.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Amazingly, this site changeover has not (yet) broken all the image links in DRUNKSTUCK.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so I know that asking what homestuck is, is basically an ancient meme in and of itself, but what even is homestuck at this point

is hussie working on anything? is anyone? is it just merch now?

• Options
    so I know that asking what homestuck is, is basically an ancient meme in and of itself, but what even is homestuck at this point

is hussie working on anything? is anyone? is it just merch now?

hussie's working on Hiveswap now. The massively successful kickstarter project which is going to be a 4-part game. part one's out.

• Options
    I'm doubtful any more Hiveswap is ever happening

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    What are all these trolls for then, some kind of thing where you lead people on but actually you're just making the whole thing up, as a joke, at the expense of whoever you got to fall for it, similar in manner to drawing fishing lines with bait through the water behind a boat as a means of catching fish?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    What are all these trolls for then, some kind of thing where you lead people on but actually you're just making the whole thing up, as a joke, at the expense of whoever you got to fall for it, similar in manner to drawing fishing lines with bait through the water behind a boat as a means of catching fish?

I mean, either the artists, writers, and composer on the project are looking for work because they’re finished or they’re looking because the project is cancelled.

Either way I hope they all find something soon.

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I'm doubtful any more Hiveswap is ever happening

What makes you think that? Didn't the first part come out? Was it terrible or something?

• Options
    See above post

• Options
    No, it was excellent. This corporate shakeup stuff happening has people worried, however.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man, hiveswap better get finished because it had a promising start.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ryan and Hussie have a lot of LOVE in their souls.