As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension

1111213141517»

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    The new random map generation is pretty good stuff so far. This feature alone is going to really ramp up the time I spend with this game.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Okay, folks.

I need some help at "gittin' gud" at this game (Dom 5).

I'm attempting to do some Early Age Tir Na n'Og stuff (sideeyes handle), but I keep running into ... walls. Like, early expansion against independents (even with independent strength turned up)? No problem.

But then I start running into other empires, and I basically get stalled out and start taking ridiculous losses in battles that don't seem like they should be that hard? I mean, sometimes, the enemy comes out of nowhere with a doomstack, and you just can't do much about that, but I've got, like, two 100-unit armies running around and the opponents roll up with a 400-strong stack.

General advice seems to be "Use Sidhe Lords as thugs," but I'm not 100% sure what that even means* ... plus, at ~250 gold a pop and 1-per-turn training limits, I'm not sure how you do that?

Is there a way to reliably get Summon Storm Power to work?

* Besides "have them fight, but cast Mistform and Regen first," I think?

RIIIIISE!

Well, I ended up winning the Tir Na n'Og game I posted about earlier, so now I'm trying something a little different - MA Marignon, and it's a blast. HORDES of well-blessed Flagellants everywhere. They die in droves, but they're cheap and I can build them everywhere.

Anyway, I accidentally hit end turn ("E", right next to "R" which is what I was trying to hit), and that caused my Pretender to take part in an Arena match. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, because my Pretender (the Virtue) is the returning champion (2x victories in a row, wielding the Champion's Gladius and Champion's Armor), except this time it was "The People's Arena," which means no spellcasting. Since I hadn't adjusted my Pretender's script yet, she was still set-up for a field battle - which is basically a full spellcasting thing.

So she's got a permanent slave collar. Which is pretty fuckin' bullshit.

Anyone know 1) how to remove it, or 2) how to edit a savegame to remove it?

Also, I preferred the Champion's Gladius, which got replaced by winning the Champion's Trident. :(

• Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    RIIIIISE!

Well, I ended up winning the Tir Na n'Og game I posted about earlier, so now I'm trying something a little different - MA Marignon, and it's a blast. HORDES of well-blessed Flagellants everywhere. They die in droves, but they're cheap and I can build them everywhere.

Anyway, I accidentally hit end turn ("E", right next to "R" which is what I was trying to hit), and that caused my Pretender to take part in an Arena match. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, because my Pretender (the Virtue) is the returning champion (2x victories in a row, wielding the Champion's Gladius and Champion's Armor), except this time it was "The People's Arena," which means no spellcasting. Since I hadn't adjusted my Pretender's script yet, she was still set-up for a field battle - which is basically a full spellcasting thing.

Also, I preferred the Champion's Gladius, which got replaced by winning the Champion's Trident. :(

I think it might get removed if you die and get recalled, but that also hurts your magic skills.

Sounds like a real bullshit situation though.

Rhan9 wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    RIIIIISE!

I think it might get removed if you die and get recalled, but that also hurts your magic skills.

Sounds like a real bullshit situation though.

Yeah, she's F5A4E4, with the Air helm and Earth boots giving an additional +1 to those. That's a big hit to my combat spellcasting.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    I think this is the most recent thread and i'm too lazy to make a new one so, Dominions 6 is out and 15% off right now! i'm jumping in for the first time as a 4x lover and the horrible graphics don't bother me but ye gods this UI. Definitely going to take some getting used to.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin