As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2018 Forum Badge

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »

Questions posted on the forum? Do you know where? Thanks!

Yes, here:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX East community event/activity:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) How much is the Penny Arcade forum badge?

It's free

4) Name/Handle of a PAX Forum Moderator?

zerzhul

5) What is the theme for the PAX East 2018 forum badge?

Health and Safety guide

6) There is a list on the back of the forum badge, what does it contain?

The names of forum members who have contributed to the forum badge design.

7) What is written above the PAX Community crest?

Welcome Home

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that give out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) Where do you collect the forum badge during PAX East?

The BYOC registration desk (this is a meta question as they should be standing at the desk as this question is asked)

10) Name the four colours in the shield of the PAX community crest.

Red, Blue, Orange and Yellow.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Thank you!!

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    kropotkin wrote: »
    As PAX East is now 1 calendar month away I need to post up timings for when the badges will be printed and when the names on the back are locked down. Here are the key dates then:

All names will be locked down on Sunday 25th March 2018

Badges will be printed on Wednesday 28th March 2018.

How do we do the ordering of the badge? This is my first year doing this

You collect them from the Pre PAX Board game night or from the BYOC desk during PAX East. Note that if you do the latter you will have to answer a question to prove you are an active member of the forums. The questions and answers are posted on this thread and they are easy to answer, provided you're a member of these forums.

Questions posted on the forum? Do you know where? Thanks!
    Yes, he is the poster of them and will post them in this thread.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2018
    I somehow missed #6. I am generally opposed to people saying something like that is not optional. It makes assumptions about the body and health decisions of another person. Not everyone who decides to not wear deodorant is doing so out of negligence. Maybe they're allergic? Maybe they do use it and it just doesn't work as well on them as it does on you? Maybe they do other things to combat body odor? Maybe body odor is a reasonable thing in their culture? It's a big part of why here on the forums we've always tried to pooh-pooh smelly nerds threads which come up from time to time. I am not saying that it has to be removed or anything, I just noticed with the ALL CAPS version that it sounds even more "HEY YOU I KNOW YOUR BODY BETTER THAN YOU." I know that this isn't how people mean it, and they just want a pleasant smelling place to enjoy games, but whenever there are a whole lot of people in one place one just has to recognize that there will be smells one isn't always used to smelling.

zerzhul on
  • SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    How are we collecting names again this year? I keep forgetting how this works :p

• iltailta Registered User regular
    Satoru wrote: »
    How are we collecting names again this year? I keep forgetting how this works :p

generally, participating in this forum thread by a certain date gets your name collected. so, congratulations, probably!

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Love the look of this years badge!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • craftersshaftcraftersshaft Registered User regular
    First year knowing about these, excited to get one.

eBcBx26.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    First year knowing about these, excited to get one.

Agreed. I have my 2015 PAX Prime (the last Prime I could attend for a long time) forum badge hanging on my wall. This'll make a neat addition from my first East!

• RyosukeRyosuke Registered User regular
    Its always a pleasure Kropotkin with all the work you do and the rest helping out on deciding on your collective ideas. Hope to see your badge at pax and hopefully I'm there on the list regardless of how much of a hiatus I've been on here with personal life responsibilities. Thanks again.

• TeamIlluminatiTeamIlluminati Registered User regular
    Suggestion for the back page: make the background red themed or something so it looks better with the red text (or, if the idea is to draw the viewer's eyes to the text, don't). I got to say, this design looks pretty good :biggrin:

Suggestion for the back page: make the background red themed or something so it looks better with the red text (or, if the idea is to draw the viewer's eyes to the text, don't). I got to say, this design looks pretty good :biggrin:

Excellent idea; I shall change it this weekend.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    I'd love to be on the badge again if possible (not sure if I missed that deadline already but figured I'd ask!) . Also, last year I got the badge at BYOC and the question answering is pretty funny.

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    I keep forgetting to pick up my badge :(

tFh5HdJ.png
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I miss it every year. Get to caught up in PAX to remember.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to add this one to the collection. Thanks for putting this all together again this year Kropotkin!

0j92muX.png
  • flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Sweeett looking forward to this one!

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    Can't wait to pick up this year's forum badge! Thanks for keeping this going every year, kropotkin!

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
  • ABBQABBQ BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Looking forward to this! I think the fact that Kropotkin does it is pretty great. Thank you!

eta: it vs this (too many thises)

ABBQ on
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to cross paths with you again @kropotkin

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • TeamIlluminatiTeamIlluminati Registered User regular

Excellent idea; I shall change it this weekend.

Hey Kropotkin,

Just wondering, can I see the new design/edits? Thanks!

• Tristan3Tristan3 Registered User regular
    Have to say, looks great Kropotkin!

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I think I posted earlier, but just to make sure, here is my post to get my name on the badge :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    Looks great as usual.

Ds3hsEH.png
    edited March 2018
    As 25th March rolls around we start British Summer Time (no, that is not an oxy-moron) and we also lock down the names on the back of the forum badge. Here are the final images for the front and back of the badge:

FRONT
    hsrmt2eald9q.jpg

BACK
    jla8borwrhs9.jpg

Thank you all for participating in this thread and making the forum badge a thing. I hope to see some of you at PAX East 2018. At the very least passing each other on an escalator. Note that the escalator wave is an age old PAX tradition that many of us veterans have used on occasion. It's accompanied by a nervous grin, which is typically doesn't come with teeth.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    It's accompanied by a nervous grin, which is typically doesn't come with teeth.

If you do show teeth make sure to open your eyes as wide as possible, all friendly like.

BACK
    jla8borwrhs9.jpg

I wholeheartedly approve of all safety regulations as stated!

QGqFhNv.png
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I will wear this like I beat a rathalos to death with my fists and skinned it to make a new vest: WITH PRIDE!

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png

• brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    I can’t wait to get one !!!!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Please note that the Pre-PAX dinner won’t be happening this year so for anyone hoping to pick up Wednesday night, game night at the Westin is your best bet.

@kropotkin - I’ll be around at the Westin from 3pm on.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Please note that the Pre-PAX dinner won’t be happening this year so for anyone hoping to pick up Wednesday night, game night at the Westin is your best bet.

@kropotkin - I’ll be around at the Westin from 3pm on.

That’s a shame - how come?

QGqFhNv.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    @QuantumShaddow with PAX being moved to a Thursday-sunday show they couldn't get the numbers needed on Wednesday.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Looking great. Hope to see people on this thread during PAX!

• SpYkMoSpYkMo Registered User regular
    It's been years since i've been to PaxEast, even though it's in my backyard, and I'm so excited to be back this year. I still have some of my older badges and my forum badges!

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

That’s a shame - how come?

Not enough attendees. We will still be meeting up for dinner at Hopsters, it will just be a smaller group. https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/218296/pre-pax-dinner-lite#latest

ClannMorgan on
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Will there be another place to pick one up Thursday through Friday?

• iltailta Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Will there be another place to pick one up Thursday through Friday?

@kropotkin will confirm, but they usually end up at the BYOC table; be prepared to answer some basic forum knowledge questions, which are listed on the top of this page.

ilta on
    The badges are printed and sleeved:

zbz5ge4wrur9.jpg

Badges can be collected from the Pre PAX Game Night at the Westin from 3pm onwards on Wednesday 4th April or from the BYOC desk from 12pm Thursday 5th April through to 4pm Sunday 8th April. Remember that if you pick up your badge from BYOC you will need to answer a question to prove that you are a forum member.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    The badges are printed and sleeved:

zbz5ge4wrur9.jpg

Badges can be collected from the Pre PAX Game Night at the Westin from 3pm onwards on Wednesday 4th April or from the BYOC desk from 12pm Thursday 5th April through to 4pm Sunday 8th April. Remember that if you pick up your badge from BYOC you will need to answer a question to prove that you are a forum member.

cool badge! forum noob here but if i'm not byoc'ing could i still get a badge? lol

• drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    they came out great! now lets see if i remember to pick one up on saturday...

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg