As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    So, got back into the swing of things by playing two games with my Kryssa 50pt list. It was kind of nice, since I played against two armies that were absolute murder on my list. Both of them chock-full of infantry.

The first was a Llaese Resistance theme list being led by Gastone Crosse, with a unit of trenchers and thorn gun mages. Crosse had Reinholdt, two Mariners and a Rover along with Bull and Blythe. Trenchers had some either UA or weapon attachment I didn't recognize, but it did contain a sniper model.

The second was a Magnus Kingmaker list with a unit of Steelhead Halberdiers and Heavy Cavalry, alongside both of the character solos for each unit. Magnus had a Mangler, two Nomads, and a Renegade.

We used whatever the Steamroller 2017 mission was with a rectangle zone in the center bordered by two circular zones.

The first game I started off decently strong, taking out the Thorn gun mages before they could really do anything.....and then the Mariners started opening fire into my lines, killing my Sorceress even through concealment and taking away both my RAT 7, pow 12 spray I wanted to use on the trenchers as well as removing the ability for most of my beasts to charge for free. Blythe and Bull eliminated my Blackfrost Shard, which sucked, and then got Prey up on Kryssa. I tried to get at Gastone by smashing through his Rover with a Neraph, but an extremely lucky free strike from a trencher, of all things, crippled his body and I could barely dent the Rover....but I did manage to push it around. Gastone fired FIVE shots into Kryssa, and thanks to concealment and some clever transferring I managed to tank all of them, though I lost the wounded Neraph. Luckily, he left Gastone out in the open and I popped my feat and pasted him with Azreal. It turns out it's really hard for squishy warcasters to tank even a single boosted POW20.

The next game I was, I thought, mightily clever with my positioning and I felt I had good control the entire game.

I gave up both Neraphs to his onrush of Cavalry and Halberdiers, all to draw Magnus into the perfect place for another Azreal assassination. I blessed Azreal to get rid of Blur on Magnus, pulled around some of his models with Attractor on Kryssa, popped feat and took Magnus down to one box with an Azreal spear. I bought another.....and whiffed completely, rolling triple snake eyes, with every other gun I had either out of range or engaged, and he pasted Kryssa with both Nomads on the next turn as the continuous fire effect Azreal left on Magnus went out instead of finishing him off

After this game I learned a few things. Mainly, I need redundancy and something that can jam charges, so I think I've decided on adding a unit of Hex Hunters + Bayal alongside another Sorceress. Not only does this give me a unit with advance deployment and stealth if I cast Cloak of Ash on them, they also get up to Defense 16 in melee against living models with Cloak of Ash in addition to having Stealth, and I think they can do a good job jamming and holding zones.

Also, another Sorceress gives me another 8" bubble of free charges, as well as another RAT 7, pow 12 spray if I need it.

....plus this all will be cheaper than a throne or two more neraphs, which was my other idea...

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I dig those new Coven changes and the nerfs in general. Revenant Crew are probably too expensive for what they actually do, now, especially when they're competing with Banes and Satyxis, but they're still playable.

Terminus getting an extra WJP is nice, but what he really needs is to replace Ravager with Carnage, which is characterful and effective and fits with his desire to be far forward and bully the table.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    For reference, what was the text on the old Coven feat?

I know the damage reduction thing is huge, being able to stop up to 15 damage from a hit was insane.

Also, Sons theme just gained a buff.

Edit: Reading around it looks like it's removing the MAT/RAT debuffs from the feat.

Nobody on
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    For reference, what was the text on the old Coven feat?

I know the damage reduction thing is huge, being able to stop up to 15 damage from a hit was insane.

Also, Sons theme just gained a buff.

Edit: Reading around it looks like it's removing the MAT/RAT debuffs from the feat.

Yeah, no -2 on all attacks anymore. Now you can at least play around it or do something in melee in the feat instead of "you don't see anything, oh and you hit worse now"

Yeah the feat was basically +2 DEF as backup for the already powerful LOS effect. It's a good nerf, and the change to Egregore overboosting should have happened ages ago.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    I was interested in Crucible Guard for what they could bring to the Llaelese Resistance theme, but now I’m thinking of just going all in on them.

Which is what PP wants.

Manowar theme is up for CID.

Highlights include Sorscha3, with a cloud wall feat and Field Marshal flank (Manowar), so jacks have huge damage output near MOWs, along with large tanker solos that seem incredibly strong (boosted pow 16 spray 10s against warrior models), two huge chariots (one of which has a pow 20 RNG 8 gun), and unit attachments to fix the underpowered Bombardiers and Demo Corps.

Looks like a fun one.

I wonder if the chariots are going to end up being multi-kits. BE's with multiple load-outs could be interesting.

The Tankers look super-cool.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Cripes.

v6iidmcexji4.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Are these new Gargantuans/Colossals?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    The ship is Skarre3 IIRC, probably has a wraith engine next to it for size comparison

Yeah, it's Admiral Skarre, a battle engine warcaster. It went up for pre-order through the webstore today.

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I got my CID approval just in time.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Holy crap, the Toro finally exists!

persona4celestia.jpg
    Hearing reports that immunities are getting the CoI treatment too.

edited March 2018
    Yeah, from what I've seen, they're looking at making Immunities mean they take one less damage die on attacks of the corresponding type, instead of ignoring it completely. And then they also just ignore the continuous effects. Lightning won't arc off things with the Elec Immunity as well.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Goddamnit.

Goddamnit!

The more I look at Crucible Guard, the more this ascetic is my jam. Loads of weird and mad science... and they have a goddamn TANK COMMANDER warcaster! And jetpacks! And bombs filled with things of dubious origins! And their warjacks are on the Toro and VANGUARD chassis! And one of their warcasters is dual-faction and works for Convergence!

I mean, look at that beautiful Railless Interceptor. (with the warcaster add-on)

rVJ6sVm.jpg

Their Colossal is ON WHEELS, and is a massive ranged gunboat.

ffffffffffffffffff

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I want to build an all rocketpeople list, but I can't get my damn phone to download the PDF.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Goddamnit.

Goddamnit!

The more I look at Crucible Guard, the more this ascetic is my jam. Loads of weird and mad science... and they have a goddamn TANK COMMANDER warcaster! And jetpacks! And bombs filled with things of dubious origins! And their warjacks are on the Toro and VANGUARD chassis! And one of their warcasters is dual-faction and works for Convergence!

I mean, look at that beautiful Railless Interceptor. (with the warcaster add-on)

rVJ6sVm.jpg

Their Colossal is ON WHEELS, and is a massive ranged gunboat.

ffffffffffffffffff

Steam punk Metal Slug?
    If you'll excuse me, I need to go comfort my wallet, because I'm afraid something bad is going to happen to it real soon.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Man I'm torn

I love the casters and infantry and warmachines for this faction

But damn do all their jacks bore me to tears, aesthetically

Tangently-related to WM&H, MonPoc's back. They're ditching the blind booster model for a more standard hobby minis-style release, too.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I'm so so so so excited. I played the shit out of that game.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Tangently-related to WM&H, MonPoc's back. They're ditching the blind booster model for a more standard hobby minis-style release, too.

This part seems less than ideal:
    Can I use my original Monsterpocalypse figures in the new game?

Due to the difference in scale, original Monsterpocalypse figures will not work in the new game. All official Monsterpocalypse tournaments and events will require players to use the new hobby models for play.
    Not surprising, maybe. I mean, they need to make money too.
    But still, less than ideal for players who already have a collection.

Doesn't look like the minis are that different in scale.

I mean for fun games, just slap then on whatever the new bases are

I wasn't a fan of the blind booster model for the original game, but I think I'm in for the relaunch. Gimme some of those sweet sweet G.U.A.R.D. tanks

Oh man gah, CID just put up some really fun 15th anniversary models: junior warcaster versions of Deneghra, Sorscha, Caine and Severius

They seem very strong. Retro juniors are my favorite idea and I'm really hoping for Terminus, Butcher, etc.

Gorten0 would be amazing, IMO.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Have y'all seen the last minute CID additions concerning the swans? Nemo3 feat changed to the enemy having to be in control range and electroleap grounding out from models with lightning immunity.

Yeah Cygnar players are a tad unhappy (at least on the FB group).

Somebody at PP really wants us to play SotT

persona4celestia.jpg
    The Nemo 3 feat had to change. It was way too strong.

I think they need to broadly address the power of non-attack damage rolls and how there are so few counters

persona4celestia.jpg
    Went to my first WM event yesterday, a team tournament with 8 teams of five.

It was a lot of fun! I went 1-2, not knowing most matchups and playing experienced opponents, but everyone was friendly and I won a dice tray in the raffle.

I played Asphyxious 3 with 8 helljacks, overlords and a soul trapper and Skarre 1 Dark Host, and I fought Baldur 2 Bones of Orboros, Karchev jack spam (largely kodiaks for the cloud wall), and Deneghra 1 Scourge (who I beat).

One guy had a fully painted Skorne list made up of Xerxes 2, two battle engines and the desert hydra, which was gorgeous.

edited June 2018
    Infernals are the next faction. Released at Lock and Load next year.

Neurotika on
    Like, demons? I am excite. I hope they have some dope magic circle type stuff in there modeling.

I guess? They said to go check out the old Monster books from the RPG. Sounds cool though, "no allocating focus, no reaving fury, they make their own rules"

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Infernals are the next faction. Released at Lock and Load next year.

Oh shit really? Sweet. Are they going to be another Hordes faction or will there be Infernal Machines?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln