As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a beautiful world we live in

2»

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    hey man just wanna throw this out there, maybe a net isn’t the best place to take a dump

EzUAYcn.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Jesus, that totp

I'm crying laughing in the airport

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    hey man just wanna throw this out there, maybe a net isn’t the best place to take a dump

Yeah, you want to use a sifter if you want to find gold.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    A picture of what's happening in my front yard:

XdtDdAI.png

I planted a bunch of crocuses. They're blooming now. They're the only thing I've seen blooming so far around here aside from some snowdrops, and let's be blunt: after seeing lots of snow, and finally getting done with it, why do you want white flowers? A mass of gold (and/or purple, but the purple ones are taking their time) is preferable first thing in spring.

Crocuses are nice to put in lawns because they grow and bloom before the grass grows, first thing when you need brightness and color and die back by mid-May, giving you an excuse not to mow until then. They are pretty colors that can be shared with everyone, and they can be bought in bulk by the hundreds or thousands if you like. They can bloom in snow; see that little patch? That's the last of what remains of seven inches of wet, heavy snow that had fallen a few days before. Many of the crocuses were already blooming, then got snowed on, then were buried for two-three days, and they're fine.

Also, and this may just be an Iowa thing, but apparently the entire concept of "pretty flowers in the lawn" absolutely blows the minds of old ladies and makes them have old lady brain conniptions or something, and making this happen seems like a good idea to me.

• KublaKhanKublaKhan Registered User regular
    Devo has you covered, it is a beautiful world:

https://youtu.be/56u6g0POvo0

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Everything is terrible and my entire body is pain

I mean not really, just moving is exhausting and I feel like we still have so much more to do.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I can see the light at the end of the "credit card debt" tunnel. Finally.

sig.gif
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I spent the day ripping the fascia off my dad's roof, then laid on a couch for three hours watching basketball and eating chili.

Altogether a pretty nice and productive Saturday.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I put a bunch of games (around 12) I barely played, some still unopened, up on ebay, and if the recommended buy it nows get met, even after they take their cut, I should make like $300.

Also, if it all sells in the week, I am probably going to try and do that to more of my things. It'd be nice to slowly clean out my room of stuff I don't need

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    It's been raining here for what feels like weeks. I'm contemplating building an ark and loading up everyone at the homeless shelters around me so we can ride this storm out together and build a better world on top of the ruins of this old shitty one.

Either that or I'm going to take a dump and hit the hay.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I got the opportunity to make at least three dad jokes today so far

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Yesterday I had an event in the early afternoon where I got to drink some rum, then I watched some basketball, and then I finally saw Blank Panther at the local Alamo Drafthouse. Afterward my usual bartenders were there and I had a drink on the house. A good Saturday.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    crocuses

Whenever I see this word (I don't even know what they look like irl!) I think of this collection of Sappho fragments
    I loved you, Atthis, years ago,
    when my youth was still all flowers
    and sighs, and you -- you seemed to me
    such a small ungainly girl.
    Can you forget what happened before?

If so, then I'll remind you how, while lying
    beside me, you wove a garland of crocuses
    which I then braided into strands of your hair.
    And once, when you'd plaited a double necklace
    from a hundred blooms, I tied it around
    the swanning, sun-licked ring of your neck.
    And on more than one occasion (there were two
    of them, to be exact), while I looked on, too
    silent with adoration to say your name,
    you glazed your breasts and arms with oil.
    No holy place existed without us then,
    no woodland, no dance, no sound.

Beyond all hope, I prayed those timeless
    days we spent might be made twice as long.

I prayed one word: I want. [θέλω]

Someone will remember us
    I say
    even in another time.

If I think about this poem for even like a second I start ugly sobbing and then get hungry for donuts

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I just got through a stressful week of work where a whole bunch of people were on leave during a real busy period. Still managed to crush it.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I just saw two bunnies in my backyard on this cloudy Easter morning. Maybe Eastra will bring the rain to give my restaurant a slow Easter brunch since the forecast is thunderstorms by 10 am.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    One of my best friends brought his 5-year-old over for a visit to see my dogs prior to us and another friend hanging out in the evening, and his daughter and I made a pizza together so she could bring it back to share with her mom. I felt like a pretty cool honorary uncle, I have to say.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Also, the Toronto Maple Leafs have clinched a playoff spot for the second year in a row. The last time they did that, the father of one of their current players was on the team that eliminated them.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Gonna get out of work at a reasonable hour, go home, change into very stretchy pants, eat a fuckton of chicken wings and pet my dog

Also I've got some vacation time coming up and I am unreasonably stoked for it since it will give me time to do shit outside.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Is this the April Fools thread? Ha ha, joy.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I love waking up in the morning to start the smoker and having it still be warm from the previous days cook. A sure sign of a good weekend.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    It’s my little dude’s first Easter. I’ve never cared at all about Easter, but this one is pretty nice.

Eddy wrote: »
    Mayabird wrote: »
    crocuses

Whenever I see this word (I don't even know what they look like irl!) I think of this collection of Sappho fragments

Better closeups from a garden company

HCG-crocus-lawn-web-600x414.jpg

a01e8b7c7c9bf84631a3826c967342825822794f.jpg?image_crop_resized=640x360

They're pretty little flowers, very brightly colored and blooming before daffodils, and they're perennial bulbs. I don't know why more people don't plant them in the US.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    119 days sober.

Also, I got to see my roommate today which was nice. They're in a new relationship and don't spend a lot of time around the apartment anymore and our work schedules are already bonkers outside of that, so it was pretty excellent to see them even if it was just for a few minutes.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Every night we inch closer to having stuff unpacked. Also I’m amazed at how much goddamn shit we have. Still, getting closer.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Currently looking forward to a weekend gaming session with friends, so that's hopefully a fun time.

David Mitchell's autobiography is also a good read.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    1) My boss told me that I am almost certainly getting a promotion within the next month or so that will raise my pay a minimum of $1.50 an hour, with $2 being a very real possibility after I haggled with him a little about why $2 made more sense.

2) My partner and I put down a deposit for a hedgehog adoption. Expecting to pick up the little hedge baby late this month. Naming it obviously has to wait until we meet and get a sense for its personality, but the current frontrunner is Hedgules Mulligan (s/he needs no introduction).

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Helpin' my mom make a giant cupcake

That's a cake.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Uploaded a few more bird pictures from banding programs this last month:

Yellow warbler

6J3S7pF.jpg

Eastern towhee

lKDRZP0.jpg

Baltimore oriole

FC5PTG7.jpg

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    91aaiR3wl-L._SY355_.jpg

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    May and June are usually insane months, when works sends me all over the country and days are long and shitty. This year, because I've apparently prayed to the right gods, and sacrificed well, my work load is about 10 days across the period, and they're all fairly easy.

I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop, but for now - fuck yeah, full salary, no work and much drinking.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.