As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scythe PbF: (Post WWI Terra Mytica)

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Board
    (Saxony at 5 power)
    aaJRnYDl.png
    full size

Mats
    6DSJJfQ.png
    zjODDsv.png
    uEz53qK.png
    2my1xyi.png
    DQOjVUf.png

Discrider- Rusviet Union
    mindflare77- Crimea Khanate
    Preda- Saxon Empire
    AustinP0027- Republic of Polania
    Brody- Nordic Kingdoms

@discrider

MrBody on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    @MrBody What's easier for you for us to track the Enlist gains we get? Wait till our turn post and add a line there for something we've gained from a neighbor turn, or post it right away when they take the action?

Either can post. Just make sure to mention it's from an enlist action and who gets it.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    With production I spent a power, not gained it...

In the future, let's wait on battles to be resolved before moving ahead. Very confusing jumping through out of order turns.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    (+$1 from Brody's Deploy as above)

Take factory action
    Pay $2 ($11 -> $9) , gain 1 Pop, Upgrade Move action and Build Structure action.
    Tiger lady takes a run up and vaults both of Brody's villagers onto the encounter space behind them (by river walking twice E - NE)
    @MrBody for encounter
    @mindflare77 for move

discrider on
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Factory action. Pay 2 Coins (10->8). Enlist the Build action, gaining 2 cards. Gain 1 power. Then, move character SW 1 hex, W 1 hex, to the farm on a tunnel.

@Preda for action.

As a question (I'm at work and can't easily go through the rules): do enlisted bonuses still proc if the action is from a factory card rather than the mat? For instance, when discrider uses the factory action again to upgrade, does that mean I'd get the enlist bonus for it?

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    edited April 2018
    Factory action. Pay 2 Coins (10->8). Enlist the build action, gaining 2 cards. Gain 1 power. Then, move character SW 2 hexes to encounter on the village between two tunnels.

@Preda for action.
    @MrBody for Encounter card.

As a question (I'm at work and can't easily go through the rules): do enlisted bonuses still proc if the action is from a factory card rather than the mat? For instance, when discrider uses the factory action again to upgrade, does that mean I'd get the enlist bonus for it?

That Encounter token is no longer there @mindflare77

And no. I do not get anything from your factory Enlist, you do not get anything from my factory Upgrade.

discrider on
    @discrider Thanks for the clarification! And the heads up. Phone doesn't get the greatest resolution on the map. I've edited my move slightly to account for that. Thank you!

8BFpSWC.png

@MrBody , @mindflare77 has no combat card right? If so, Move action. Move hero, 2 mech, 2 worker (carried by mech) and 2 metal to the tunnel farm, Play no card and no power and autowin combat, becuse mindflare has neither power nor cards to play (and attacker win ties). Get a combat star. Than spend 2 oil to Upgrade bolster (card) action and reduce enlist cost. Gain 1 gold. Austin gains 1 power from enlisted action.

Preda wrote: »
    @MrBody , @mindflare77 has no combat card right? If so, Move action. Move hero, 2 mech, 2 worker (carried by mech) and 2 metal to the tunnel farm, Play no card and no power and autowin combat, becuse mindflare has neither power nor cards to play (and attacker win ties). Get a combat star. Than spend 2 oil to Upgrade bolster (card) action and reduce enlist cost. Gain 1 gold. Austin gains 1 power from enlisted action.

Mindflare gained two combat cards from Enlisting, and also a power.

Ok, than Move action. Move hero, 2 mech, 2 worker (carried by mech) and 2 metal to the tunnel farm @mindflare77 lose his power because we're fighting on a tunnel (my mech ability). After combat spend 2 oil to Upgrade bolster (card) action and reduce enlist cost. Gain 1 gold. Austin gains 1 power from enlisted action.

@mindflare77 for combat.

Preda vs Mindflare77
    2 power + 3 card vs 4 card

Saxony wins, gains star. Crimea gains card, retreats.

Gain 2 Popularity

+$1 from Brody's Deploy action
    +1 Power for Preda Upgrade action

Produce: Pay 1 Power
    Gain 2 Lumber, 1 Metal, and 1 Oil

Deploy: Spend 2 Metal to deploy Camaraderie Mech onto Village
    Gain $2 ($1 from deploy, $1 from enlist on deploy)

@Brody

discrider wrote: »
    Gain 2 Popularity
    you-cant-just-respond-to-everything-with-finger-guns-thats-21764955.png

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Gain 2 Popularity

I dont think bears have thumbs. Which now that I think about it, I don't get why those are necessary for finger guns.

Move. Character moves east one tile to Forest. Mech on mountain brings Oil plus Worker south one tile to lake, then northwest one tile to Oil Field. One of the Workers on the Field moves southeast to Mine w/ Forest Tile.

Claim Shore up the Shore.

@discrider

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    And yet again....that’s MY bear. I know he’s awesome and all but you can’t just take him for joyrides out into the countryside.

I don’t care how awesome he looks in that motorcycle side car!

Factory action
    Pay $2 ($9 -> $7), Upgrade Upgrade and Bolster Combat card actions. Gain 1 Pop.
    Move Tiger Lady SW twice and have an Encounter.
    @MrBody
    @mindflare77 is next

Brody wrote: »
    Gain 2 Popularity

I dont think bears have thumbs. Which now that I think about it, I don't get why those are necessary for finger guns.

Move. Character moves east one tile to Forest. Mech on mountain brings Oil plus Worker south one tile to lake, then northwest one tile to Oil Field. One of the Workers on the Field moves southeast to Mine w/ Forest Tile.

@discrider

6jkhnSS.png

edited April 2018
    I do think you'll find this research belongs to the people, comrade.
    Pay 2 Pop, get last upgrade, star and 2 metal

Promote mech.
    Who knows how long those scientists were holding out on us.

discrider on
    retagging @mindflare77 for turn

edited April 2018
    Crap, sorry.
    Trade action. Pay 1 gold, receive 2 Wood. Pay 2 metal and 1 combat card to deploy Speed Mech to Southernmost Village.

@Preda

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

Bolster. Spend 1 gold to gain 3 power and 1 popularity. Than spend 1 metal (from mountain) to deploy speed mech on Tunnel factory, gaining 3 gold. Austin will get a gold too for the enlisted action.

@AustinP0027 next.

+$1 for Preda's Deploy Action

Factory Card:
    Pay 1 Power, Gain $3

Move Char+Bear - NE, E to land on Village

@Brody for turn
    @MrBody for encounter card

Trade, placing two oil on the worker on the Field.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Gain $1 from @mindflare77 's deploy action.

Pay $1 to trade for 1 Food, 1 Wood
    Then use 1 Food to Enlist the Build Structure action and get the 2 Popularity once-off bonus.
    Gain $2.

$7 -> $9.
    Place wood on mountain

edited April 2018
    Factory action. Pay 2, ~bolster~ gain 1 power. Enlist Upgrade action for the 2 Popularity bonus. Move mech and worker from village to Forest (NE, NW, E).
    @Preda

(thanks @discrider)

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

Factory action. Pay 2, bolster 1. Enlist Upgrade action for the 2 Popularity bonus. Move mech and worker from village to Forest (NE, NW, E).
    @Preda

(Bolster is the name of the top row action I think, I would have written this as gain 1 power)

edited April 2018
    +$1 from Brody's Deploy action
    +1 Power for Preda Upgrade action

Produce: Pay 1 Power
    Gain 2 Lumber, 1 Metal, and 1 Oil

Deploy: Spend 2 Metal to deploy Camaraderie Mech onto Village
    Gain $2 ($1 from deploy, $1 from enlist on deploy)

@Brody

You have 3 metal on the board (2 on tundra, 1 on mill). Which 2 do you want to spend? @AustinP0027

MrBody on
    Brody wrote: »
    Gain 2 Popularity

@discrider

I'm not sure what the last line of that order means. Do you mean one of the workers on the grain space moves soutwest to the forest with a tunnel?

In that case you would only have 4 controlled territories around the lake and could not claim the objective. Instead, you could move the worker that was carried by the mech soutwest to the forest tile west of the lake and claim it? Please revise @Brody

edited April 2018

You have 3 metal on the board (2 on tundra, 1 on mill). Which 2 do you want to spend? @AustinP0027

Spend 1 from mill, 1 from forest.

Don’t usually have any left over so I’ll make sure to specify going forward.

AustinP0027 on
    Oh, sorry, I was supposed to leave the worker on the mountain. I originally had grand plans of some sort, and revised them, but prior drafts make things exciting.

edited April 2018
    It is probably worth noting, since everyone is speeding around the board now, that Mechs can pick up and drop off any number of workers mid move.

discrider on
    Produce.Pay 1 power to gain 2 food, 1 metal and 2 oil. immediately spend 2 food to enlist, gaining the Upgrade recruit and 2 gold. get the 2 cards bonus.

@AustinP0027 next
    @MrBody for combat cards and update

Bolster: Pay $1 to gain 3 Power

Build: Pay 3 wood to build Armory on Forest tile
    Gain $2

@Brody

I also gain a combat card from my previous Enlist