As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX East] 2018

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    God, I want to go to the Asgard

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cello nobody WANTS to go to the Asgard

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    On the plane, about to take off! See you all this evening :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    tynic wrote: »

There's one more Batman cocktail I haven't drank

My quest is unfinished

Steam
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

You mean you DON’T want a half-available selection of the worst Batman-villain-named drinks made incorrectly?

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Sad I have to wait until Sunday :(

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I'm experiencing that weird feeling I get every year where I'm kind of sad I'm not going to be at East but also I remember that conventions are really hit or miss on whether I actually enjoy them. I do kind of miss Enforcing, but I know like one person who's still active from when I was doing it these days.

Hrm.

Maybe next year I should just re-activate my Enforcer status and do it and see what happens.

3cl1ps3 on
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    God, I want to go to the Asgard

Oh shit, I have to do this at some point this year.

...this may be my plan for tonight after the Acquisition Inc. panel.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Rather than The Asgard may I suggest the vastly superior Meadhall, which is in the same part of Cambridge?

Personally I'd go to Whiskey Priest, it's much closer to the venue and it's very solid.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Have fun yall!

Going tomorrow and sunday

Today I'm at school, which is also super fun. . . I guess

vEaRQgH.png
    3clipse wrote: »
    Rather than The Asgard may I suggest the vastly superior Meadhall, which is in the same part of Cambridge?

Personally I'd go to Whiskey Priest, it's much closer to the venue and it's very solid.

I think you might be misunderstanding the reason people go to the Asgard.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    @DrZiplock ‘s game looks fucking awesome.

rhylith wrote: »
    @DrZiplock ‘s game looks fucking awesome.

where is this, I wanna stop by and see

There is an exit sign that points at an exterior window

The place is SE++ incarnate

Steam

I must be! I went there once and we left within 20 minutes because the service was garbage and we were bored, does it have secret strippers that come out later or something.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I once had a really great hefeweizen as Asgard while waiting for a show at the Middle East. I thought the place was pretty fun.

No no, the service being garbage is a feature

Steam
    I'm struggling to understand why you'd go to a mediocre bar when you're in Cambridge and/or Boston, both of which are chock-a-block with excellent bars.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey if any of you don't play dropmix but see the Harmonix booth, their giving away free promo cards add you best friend bucketman would absolutely toss someone a few bucks for them

edited April 2018
    I'm struggling to understand why you'd go to a mediocre bar when you're in Cambridge and/or Boston, both of which are chock-a-block with excellent bars.

Mediocre is definitely overselling it.

People go to the Asgard because it is an experience. Not a good one, though.

edit: I once ordered food there and they were out of the food. So I ordered a different food and they failed to give me any cutlery. That was actually one of their better days, service-wise.

double edit: don't forget the paper-mache viking paraphernalia everywhere. The Asgard takes "low-rent" to a new, cheaper, probably danker level.

Triple edit: Most of the toilets have ... problems.

tynic on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    How am I just now hearing about this place?

Now I am actually upset that I am not there right now.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

I think it was only discovered after the spirit walk PAX.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »

I think it was only discovered after the spirit walk PAX.

Spirit walk PAX?

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Now I am upset and confused.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Apparently Jason Mewes (of Jay and Silent Bob) was at Lucky Strike tonight, isn't that Jillian's?

Did y'all see Jay?

I think tomorrow's gonna be my Asgard journey, Acq Inc. has exausted me with copious amounts of laughter.

Holy shit that was a good show.

Goose! wrote: »
    Apparently Jason Mewes (of Jay and Silent Bob) was at Lucky Strike tonight, isn't that Jillian's?

Did y'all see Jay?

My buddy did

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

The PAX where we walked “a lot”. I think there was still some snow there. Also we were there.

I put “a lot” in quotes because EVERYONE ELSE MUST NEVER WALK MORE THAN A FEW FEET EVERY DAY.

Edit : the spirit walk one. They must’ve found the bar afterwards like some kinda jerks.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
    Aphostile wrote: »

The PAX where we walked “a lot”. I think there was still some snow there. Also we were there.

I put “a lot” in quotes because EVERYONE ELSE MUST NEVER WALK MORE THAN A FEW FEET EVERY DAY.

Edit : the spirit walk one. They must’ve found the bar afterwards like some kinda jerks.

I think Nic and I discovered it on our own, two years back, unless a separate group of SE++ers found it in years previous and we didn't know. We brought backup to it the second time we went in a row.

Steam
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Watching a dude offering free Pop tarts and rice krispy treats to people in line as a way to walk up through the line toward the front and it's kind of genius I can't even get mad.

He's acting like he's just walking around giving people free breakfast as he walks up toward the front of the line and nobody is batting an eye.

Maddoc wrote: »
    Watching a dude offering free Pop tarts and rice krispy treats to people in line as a way to walk up through the line toward the front and it's kind of genius I can't even get mad.

He's acting like he's just walking around giving people free breakfast as he walks up toward the front of the line and nobody is batting an eye.

Thats so fuckin good

I think Nic and I discovered it on our own, two years back, unless a separate group of SE++ers found it in years previous and we didn't know. We brought backup to it the second time we went in a row.

Well it's been longer than 2 years since I've been to East, and I am pretty sure I would have remembered a place like that. Well, at least now I have goals.

Well it's been longer than 2 years since I've been to East, and I am pretty sure I would have remembered a place like that. Well, at least now I have goals.

I was referring to your spirit walk Tonkka, not the death march that one year after the fancy dinner

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I dont remember the line going in being this long last year

Then again, I think I cut through most of it by accident last year

vEaRQgH.png
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    I dont remember the line going in being this long last year

Then again, I think I cut through most of it by accident last year

I seem to recall the line being really bad in 2016. (Or 15? It was the year after the marathon bombing so the Convention Center Authority had drastically changed their security policy.)

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

I was referring to your spirit walk Tonkka, not the death march that one year after the fancy dinner

Oh man, NOW I remember that. You were on a journey @Tonkka, a journey to walk all of Boston.

@Cello yeah, we never discovered Asgard. Sounds like it would have been right up my alley.

Nothing. Matters.
    Oh yeah, THAT I remember.

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Granted I only ever attended PAX on a not-Sunday the first year I attended, but damn is it a more hectic experience on the peak Fri/Sat. days.

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I might be here with some kids. The 2 year old needs to learn 2 game better.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing