As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestlemania PAX Sunday

darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
Wrestlemania just happens to be same Sunday as PAX. I was wondering if anyone knew of someplace in Boston that will be showing it or maybe there is a party of some sort that Sunday night?

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Hmmm, this sounds interesting. There aren't any a post-PAX events, maybe you can put something together. If there was enough interest I bet a local place would be up for holding a viewing.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Depending on if one of my friends can get off work Monday I may have a group of 4 looking for a viewing party but we would be looking to get on the road right after so we can't really swing being the ones to host.

• darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    @ClannMorgan I like the idea of trying to make a post PAX event but I honestly wouldn’t know the first place to start. I figure see if there is interest but as far as a location goes, I wouldn’t know where to try.

• RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    I can get behind this idea 100%

PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Step 1. Find sports bar within walking distance of BCEC (from Google there appear to be roughly 50,000 of them).
    Step 2:. Call and ask if they will be showing WM34. If No, repeat from Step 1. If Yes, go on to Step 3.
    Step 3:. Tell them you have a party of probably 20-30 nerds who will want to come watch after PAX closes and ask them if some space can be reserved for said party. Make sure to mention that these would be convention-goers with disposable income to spend.
    Step 4:. If No, start over from Step 1. If Yes, get the basic deets of what they're offering and repeat the process from Step 1 a few more times just to see if you can find a better deal/fit.
    Step 5: Pick a venue, write a thread about it here, and watch the nerds sign up.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

I went ahead and sent some info to Tony C's Seaport about what we're looking for. Will let you know what I find out.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

edited February 2018
    And Stats sports bar.

EDIT: Stats is out.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

And SideBar. But that's it until I get some info back.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Might be tempting depending whats going on sunday night with me.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
    SideBar has an opening! I'll gather some more deets, then expect an official(-ish) thread.

Can a local (ahem.....@ClannMorgan maybe) volunteer to be my eyes on this? Kinda hard to tour Boston facilities from Kansas.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

SideBar has space, and sent me their event catering options. I'm verifying that they, in fact, have the capability to show us WrestleMania. Once that's verified, I think we're go for an Actual Event.

So, surely we can find 30 wrestling fans to go hang out at a barcade and watch Wrestlemania right after PAX closes. If we can get 30, the food cost (before gratuity) would only be $10. Obviously, you'd be on your own for drinks and extra, but we'd have a lot of food already and the space. If we have to spring for the PPV cost, that would only bump things up to $12/person I think.

Don't be shy, let me know if you're interested in doing this. If we get enough response (and we can actually watch at SideBar, of course), I'll set up the event.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Did I hear my name? Willing to be the Boston eyes and ears. Let’s gets this going!!!!

Of course you can count me in. Thanks for setting that up!

Okay, about the "don't be shy" part? We're looking to book for 20-30 people. Is there anybody else out there who wants to do this?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• RooseveltCatRooseveltCat Registered User regular
    I am interested, schedule permitting

• RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    I might be interested pending potential other plans sunday.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
    Let’s go folks, don’t be shy. Let’s make this event happen!

• ColdguyColdguy Registered User regular
    I may be able to go what are the details?

edited March 2018
    Sidebar apparently backed out (or something, we had started arranging for the event and they stopped responding to me) so @ClannMorgan is hunting for a location.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    I am still in support of this happening. Would love to go.

PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I haven't watched wrestling in years, but the opportunity to watch Wrestlemania with PAX goers? You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

erdub14zr3u2.png

We'll find some place to watch it, even if we just have to jam into some bar to do it.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• LanuriaLanuria Registered User new member
    I have 4 people, my self included, looking for a place to watch--well, we should. My husband is a bit iffy on going to a party, but we went to the actual thing last year and he enjoyed it, so I'm sure he'd enjoy a party. We'd love to find a place that is able to serve some good food and booze to help us get through that Randy Orton match.

Also Happy Rusev Day, everyone!

• JackPaxJackPax Registered User new member
    Got 3 more who are interested in going!

• Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    I would be interested as well, not leaving till Monday and would like something to do Sunday night.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

Okay....@ClannMorgan and I have a fall-back plan if we can't find a larger venue: I have a hotel room. She has the WWE Network and a Roku....

..together, we fight crime.

We're still looking for a commercial space to watch the show, but if that falls, we will pile into my room at the Intercontinental, get some take-out, and watch Styles-Nakamura cozy-like.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
    I have myself and at least 1 other that are looking for a place to watch nearby. I'm honestly surprised that more locations are not showing Wrestlemania, or at least thinking of it with the amount of nerds that will be nearby thanks to PAX.

yx1i87m92tky.png

Drogith wrote: »
    I have myself and at least 1 other that are looking for a place to watch nearby. I'm honestly surprised that more locations are not showing Wrestlemania, or at least thinking of it with the amount of nerds that will be nearby thanks to PAX.

So am I, and we'll keep looking for a place, but a lot of the bars around the BCEC are already booked with PAX-related stuff, and costs for organized parties go up whenever a convention is in town, as @ClannMorgan is well-aware of from her work on the Pre-PAX Dinner.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Update - I have not been able to find a bar showing or willing to show Wrestlemania, why because they are charged by venue capacity...and it’s not cost effective for them.

WuShock is willing to host, I’ll provide snacks (chips, etc) and some b$$r, c$der, other than that its BYOB and obviously that’s only for those 21+. Show starts at 7pm. I suggest sending a pm to WS if you are going so he can get a head count.

Deets will go out only to PMs, as I don't necessarily want to be broadcasting my hotel room number.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

I have some new info for you guys. I just spoke with the manager at Element and mentioned the word "Wrestlemania". Aside from her excitement, she is checking higher up the chain to see if their partner hotel (Aloft) would be able to host it since they have a bar. I will update when I have more details, but I made sure to mention there are already multiple chains going trying to get a venue and no takers.

yx1i87m92tky.png

I tried that route too. I sent them an email requesting use of one of their function rooms...even told them that basically the convention attendees that were booking their hotel solid were the ones interested...long story short I got a call back with the slow ‘no’.

I hope you get a yes, really don’t want to have to lug extra stuff in if I don’t have too.

Alright guys we have the word!!!! Nope!

Because it is a PPV event, they don't just pay for the event but pay for licensing based on capacity. So a bar that has a 400 person capacity could have to pay upwards of $10k just for 1 event. This is likely why every bar is declining to show it. I spoke with the manager of Social Register and he gave me the whole break down... On a side note the burgers there are pretty tasty.

yx1i87m92tky.png

All right. Get those PMs in for deets.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    The luxury Boxx sports bar is also showing WM34 tonight

Cybit wrote: »
    The luxury Boxx sports bar is also showing WM34 tonight

It’s in Malden. BWW, is showing it in Braintree, but not an option travel wise.