As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2018 Forum Badge

124»

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Badge secured! It looks so pretty... like Christmas.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    The badges are printed and sleeved:

zbz5ge4wrur9.jpg

Badges can be collected from the Pre PAX Game Night at the Westin from 3pm onwards on Wednesday 4th April or from the BYOC desk from 12pm Thursday 5th April through to 4pm Sunday 8th April. Remember that if you pick up your badge from BYOC you will need to answer a question to prove that you are a forum member.

... I hope the questions aren't hard. I got into PAX because of Electronic Gaming Magazine in the 90s. I skim the Pax Unplugged forums and barely post on the Pax East forums. Do you mind if I have the forums up to answer those questions on the fly? Lol...

tFh5HdJ.png
  • Options
    tommyhunt19tommyhunt19 Registered User new member
    So my girl friend left our badges at home (long island) and I go to school in Albany New York. Is there a way to to get our badges at the convention center or provide some type of ID so they can pull up our order to let us in. Thanks for the help guys

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    So my girl friend left our badges at home (long island) and I go to school in Albany New York. Is there a way to to get our badges at the convention center or provide some type of ID so they can pull up our order to let us in. Thanks for the help guys

This thread is for Forum badges, not PAX passes, which is what you’re referring to. I would direct your query to official PAX representatives.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    nycguy wrote: »

cool badge! forum noob here but if i'm not byoc'ing could i still get a badge? lol

The Forum Badges can be collected from the BYOC registration desk, you do not need to be taking part in BYOC to approach this desk.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Forum badges can be picked up from BYOC registration desk. Please remember to do so, I do spend significant effort in making these and I don't want to have to throw any way at the end of Sunday.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    Forum badges can be picked up from BYOC registration desk. Please remember to do so, I do spend significant effort in making these and I don't want to have to throw any way at the end of Sunday.

I dropped by yesterday and didn’t see any. When I asked...the guy was like pax forums what’s that?
    Smh. I tried twice to no avail

• Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular

I dropped by yesterday and didn’t see any. When I asked...the guy was like pax forums what’s that?
    Smh. I tried twice to no avail

This was the case for me. Like.....what the hell? Lol.

I'll try again sometime tonight.

• Options
    drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

where on long island? i'm coming from commack. sending you a message in case i can help!

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• Options
    drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

hoping to get mine tomorrow!

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• Options
    TeamIlluminatiTeamIlluminati Registered User regular
    Save a badge for me! I’m coming on Sunday. I hope I don’t encounter the same issue some of the users above had.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I got one! They came out great (and my name is on them which is awesome.)

• Options
    I'll go to the BYOC desk today and see what's going on. They should know what they are and they do have them.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    They're at BYOC!! I love you kropotkin

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    jayh0va wrote: »
    They're at BYOC!! I love you kropotkin

Why thank you! I checked in with BYOC and everything has been sorted :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Out of the 65 badges printed, 24 were not collected. Note that there were 62 names on the back of the badge so some people who did get their name on the back did not collect a Forum Badge. While this is a little disappointing, I know how PAX does rush by and the effort required to go to the BYOC desk that is a little out of the way for most people is too much for some.

To the 41 that did collect a badge, I thank you for making the effort to do so :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    TeamIlluminatiTeamIlluminati Registered User regular
    I just collected the badge this morning, and I brought 2 other people who got badges too. I’m sad the turnout was so small. Hopefully I can come again next year!

• Options
    To the 41 that did collect a badge, I thank you for making the effort to do so :)

Wore it with pride all four days. I sincerely thank you for all your hard work!

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    Out of the 65 badges printed, 24 were not collected. Note that there were 62 names on the back of the badge so some people who did get their name on the back did not collect a Forum Badge. While this is a little disappointing, I know how PAX does rush by and the effort required to go to the BYOC desk that is a little out of the way for most people is too much for some.

I got one late yesterday evening with a blank to fill my own name.

I fear that maybe there may well have been others who attempted (as I did) on Thursday to pick up a badge only to face a byoc checkin person who didn’t have the necessary info...

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

I got one late yesterday evening with a blank to fill my own name.

I fear that maybe there may well have been others who attempted (as I did) on Thursday to pick up a badge only to face a byoc checkin person who didn’t have the necessary info...
    They all had blanks to fill in your own name :)

• Options
    jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    zerzhul on
  • Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    I made sure I grabbed mine and wore it with pride, I was a bit late in getting it, but I wont ever let your hardwork go to waste @kropotkin. Thank you for doing this!

• Options
    widian007widian007 Registered User regular
    I got mine at pre game night. It looks great, thank you for all the hard work and effort you have put in to these.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I grabbed my Badge at pre-pax boardgaming, and led two other forumers (who didn't comment in the thread) to the BYOC desk to grab their own.
    The guys there knew exactly what I was talking about when I went (I was wearing mine, and he was like "you've already got yours" 'yeah, but these two silly geese* don't')
    He was asking for forum handles and checking the back of the badge for the names until I set him straight on having to ask a question, not compare names, at which point he checked for and found the question sheet and thanked me for correcting his error.

Thanks for doing these every year, mine proved useful a few times during PAX.

*actual term used was not silly geese.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Grabbed my Badge first thing from BYOC late Thursday night. Loved it. Think this was one of the nicest ones that you've done. Great job as always @kropotkin

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    agreed, i'm always thrilled to have mine around my neck all weekend. great work as always, but especially nice this year!

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    He was asking for forum handles and checking the back of the badge for the names until I set him straight on having to ask a question, not compare names, at which point he checked for and found the question sheet and thanked me for correcting his error.

I'd like to piggyback off this and note that I picked mine up very early from the pre-PAX game night sometime around 3:30 and wasn't asked a single thing.

"Hi! I'm here for my forum badge."
    "Sure thing, we have plenty. Here you go!"
    "Uh thanks." *awkward pause* "I'm kind of excited. I've attended every year, but this is the first time I've gotten my name on the badge."
    "Cool! Well, I hope you enjoy the show."

For what it's worth, the gentleman was super nice. But I'm pretty sure if I asked politely he would've given me the whole stack without question.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    The assumption is that if you're at PPGN and know to ask for a badge, you're a forumer. Therefore, questions aren't asked at PPGN.

Also, that charming gentleman was in all likelihood badge-maker @kropotkin

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    SutibunRi wrote: »

I'd like to piggyback off this and note that I picked mine up very early from the pre-PAX game night sometime around 3:30 and wasn't asked a single thing.

"Hi! I'm here for my forum badge."
    "Sure thing, we have plenty. Here you go!"
    "Uh thanks." *awkward pause* "I'm kind of excited. I've attended every year, but this is the first time I've gotten my name on the badge."
    "Cool! Well, I hope you enjoy the show."

For what it's worth, the gentleman was super nice. But I'm pretty sure if I asked politely he would've given me the whole stack without question.

That would have been either @kropotkin or @MagnusCarter. And yes, getting your badge at one of the community events before PAX exempts you from questioning.

Also Kropotkin, we had at least four people looking for badges after you left game night. We should really leave a few there after you leave and have someone drop any leftovers off at BYOC the next day.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    @LexiconGrrl You may have a point, I shall make sure I do that at West.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png