As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini] Jurassic Hunger Phalla - Game Over! Well Played!

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    kuhlmeye wrote: Β»
    MamaWolf wrote: Β»
    Uh, hey guys. That's an awfully nice bandwagon you got there. Let's not be so hasty, though.
    I think we can assume that cB was providing the mafia kill, as only 3 died tonight.

Five of us left. 1 vig, 1 SK, presumably a guard, a mafia, and a regular old villager. Well, I'm the regular old villager, crash Pteranadon. I'm thinking kuhlmeye is the guard, and we know roughly who the other two are, so Moridin is my guess for mafia.

That being said, we need to be careful. The SK and the mafia need to go tonight. I think the smart play is to decide who we believe the SK is, feed them the vote, and let the vig hit the mafia. Reasoning for this is that the vote hits first. I assume then that a voted out SK loses their kill. If so, that'll be only two dead tonight, meaning even if the vig misses the mafia, we have another night.

Thoughts?

Interesting theory on cB. Considering mafia kills just happen regardless of abilities, at least in usual phalla rules mafia always gets a group, or in this case a single vote. My guess is that mafia went after either me or green, and we were gaurded and that prevented the mafia kill.

Also, I would think you would want to keep me and green alive, since we can vote out someone and then me and green hit someone gaurenteeing that mafia get hit and maybe village win?

It sounds like you are confident there is no SK role, or that they can win with the village? If the second option were the case there would be no point in playing day out, as one of you would be guarded, 1 person is voted out, the other two are killed by you and Green. So, one of you can't win with village.

No I am just unsure what happens when the last two people are sk and village vig as to who would win, either village or sk. I just assume village would, but not for sure.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Uh, hey guys. That's an awfully nice bandwagon you got there. Let's not be so hasty, though.
    I think we can assume that cB was providing the mafia kill, as only 3 died tonight.

Five of us left. 1 vig, 1 SK, presumably a guard, a mafia, and a regular old villager. Well, I'm the regular old villager, crash Pteranadon. I'm thinking kuhlmeye is the guard, and we know roughly who the other two are, so Moridin is my guess for mafia.

That being said, we need to be careful. The SK and the mafia need to go tonight. I think the smart play is to decide who we believe the SK is, feed them the vote, and let the vig hit the mafia. Reasoning for this is that the vote hits first. I assume then that a voted out SK loses their kill. If so, that'll be only two dead tonight, meaning even if the vig misses the mafia, we have another night.

Thoughts?

Interesting theory on cB. Considering mafia kills just happen regardless of abilities, at least in usual phalla rules mafia always gets a group, or in this case a single vote. My guess is that mafia went after either me or green, and we were gaurded and that prevented the mafia kill.

Also, I would think you would want to keep me and green alive, since we can vote out someone and then me and green hit someone gaurenteeing that mafia get hit and maybe village win?

It sounds like you are confident there is no SK role, or that they can win with the village? If the second option were the case there would be no point in playing day out, as one of you would be guarded, 1 person is voted out, the other two are killed by you and Green. So, one of you can't win with village.

No I am just unsure what happens when the last two people are sk and village vig as to who would win, either village or sk. I just assume village would, but not for sure.

Mexican standoff? Perhaps a tie? Coinflip? The meteor finally hits in the series finale?

EDIT: draft from earlier

Moridin889 on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    I mean... Best case scenario you get the sk to vote for themselves? If that doesn't happen, you two tie the vote and you both die, which I'm pretty sure would not be a village win, as the village would be dead. If you both survive the vote, you kill each other, no village left - again no win.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    I don't think it's reasonable to assume village wins in that case. It's just as likely we lose.

Looking back through the thread, it looks like MamaWolf was the first person to claim the Velociraptor role. But since then, we've had a Vesa die, with no evidence that they had a kill. At this point I'm willing to bet that isn't MamaWolf's actual role, which implies to me that they had a similar cover id to what mafia had.

For now, MamaWolf

Green, would you mind sharing your role with the class?

I agree that a role call is in order.

Particularly @Green and @Moridin889

Also, at this point I feel fairly confident Psychocucumber is the only generic villager left, so Psychocucumber

I'll wait to put out a vote until we get more role info later.

psychocucumber
    Dang formatting

Also, at this point I feel fairly confident Psychocucumber is the only generic villager left, so Psychocucumber

I'll wait to put out a vote until we get more role info later.

At this point we know thst eithet me or green are sk/vig, according to kill calls and narration.

If you are confident that pychocumber is village and you are. Then that leaves moridin889 to be the last mafia.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Curse phone posts and spelling errors

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    4 Hours my friends!

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

I was Hank Ankylosaurus before all these other guys were claiming it.

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I'm Rex. King Rex, specifically

mamawolf

The goal of a vigilante is to protect their village from all threats.

MamaWolf

Well the choice seems pretty mamawolfclear.

Green wrote: Β»
    The goal of a vigilante is to protect their village from all threats.

MamaWolf

Protect from all threats huh? Is that why you made a truce with me? To "protect" the village? You could have killed me or tried to, but instead you made truce. You could've led me down a path and prevented me killing people by letting the gaurd know who my target was and yet...you didn't.

I ask you village, do you really want to have a vig that will make deals with a SK?

I may be the SK in this game, but I ask you guys, who here is the real monster?

Okay, as much as that post throws shade...

That was pretty great

I like you, MamaWolf.

But we have to kill you

Well, yeah.

At least I went out with a bang

The suspense...

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoE on steam

Day Five: What is even going on? Seriously.

The industrious mammal adjusted the controls of the mighty machine. A huge magnet pointed toward the sky. A dial turned until it pointed to a giant dinosaur head crudely drawn by a creature without opposable thumbs. A dark purple aura grew in intensity as the Meteor Magnet spun faster and faster, reaching out with an intensity that a dinosaur would never understand, no matter how many times we revised our estimates of their intelligence. I mean even the velociraptors in Jurassic Park for all their constructing crude suspension bridges to Venezuela and performing odd jobs under an assumed named, you never saw them harness the horrible powers of the unknowable cosmos do you? Where was I. Oh yeah, the Meteor Magnet suffered the typical fate of the enlightened few, being murdered by the horde.

The machine was trampled, but was it too late? A giant flaming rock fell towards the Giant Dinosaur, but it harmlessly fell into a giant mobile snowbank.

One final mammal turned to defend his BBQ against the dinosaur horde. He looked the Snowman in the eye er well the coal and he turned on his sound system and flipped down his shades. A horrific noise shattered the peaceful air, and dinosaurs began swarming out of the snow bank, and it collapsed from the size of a giant dinosaur, to little more than clumps of snow. Mr. No-man was no more.

DJ GO4 smiled, and stopped for a bite of steak when

A GIGANTIC HEAD SWALLOWED HIM WHOLE!

That must have been the biggest dinosaur ever. Wow!

Or, maybe mammals are just small crunchy things. But they do cook some delicious food! ONWARDS!

Finally, the grill was reached, three steaks, medium rare were shared between King Rex and Crash Pteranodon.

The Dead:
    MamaWolf - Meteor Magnet
    Moridin889 - DJ GO4
    kuhlmeye - Mr. No-man

Dinosaur Victory!!!!

The Survivors:
    Green - King Rex
    PsychoCucumber - Crash Pteranodon

38thDoE on steam

Yay!

Thanks for running it 38th!

Thanks 38th! That was fun! Got a little intense there at the end, though.

And it does seem I was wrong about cB controlling the mafia kill. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

I knew it was basically a coinflip as soon as you guys voted for mamawolf

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I was wrong about almost everything, but I'll still take credit for the win, go team!

:D

Thanks for running, it was fun

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    So what would've happened if we ended with 2 people? Would the sk auto win?

I only figured it out this morning when I went through roles. You might have had a better chance if your cover was Tina triceratops!

I only figured it out this morning when I went through roles. You might have had a better chance if your cover was Tina triceratops!

I already put ankylosaur into my posts though. It would've been too suspicious to change

@38thDoe This was the most fun I have had in a while!! Thank you so very much for running this phalla!!

@JusticeforPluto No hurt feelings I hop from my SK kill on you! I enjoyed our talks! <3

@Green Well played sir!! Great job killing all the mafia on your own!! LOL

In all honest, I feel like this is the best I've ever played Phalla! Shame I was the SK though. I can't wait till I am the real vig! See y'all next Phalla!!

@38thDoe This was the most fun I have had in a while!! Thank you so very much for running this phalla!!

@JusticeforPluto No hurt feelings I hop from my SK kill on you! I enjoyed our talks! <3

In all honest, I feel like this is the best I've ever played Phalla! Shame I was the SK though. I can't wait till I am the real vig! See y'all next Phalla!!

You played a great sk! I think I guarded you every day expect the first and the last.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Did Green kill all the mafia?

Pretty sure

edited April 2018

Playing SK is good for you. I've never won as SK, but you tend to analyze things a lot more than when you are a villager.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam