As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scythe PbF: (Post WWI Terra Mytica)

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm going to wait for the update, having a hard time keeping track of things.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    Oh, sorry, I was supposed to leave the worker on the mountain. I originally had grand plans of some sort, and revised them, but prior drafts make things exciting.
    Oh, sorry, I was supposed to leave the worker on the mountain. I originally had grand plans of some sort, and revised them, but prior drafts make things exciting.

That would still only leave 4 territories around the lake under your control (2 mountains, forest, tundra).

You keep control of a territory even if it's just a building there, so your monument would keep control of the mountain by itself. The only way I'm seeing for you to control 5 territories around the lake is to move the worker to the west forest or factory after being carried by the mech.

MrBody on
    edited April 2018
    In having a hard time accurately describing, so drew it instead.

kdwtnto0hcvk.jpg

Edit: it's rotated because I'm old and don't do photo stuff

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    discrider wrote: »
    Gain 2 Popularity
    you-cant-just-respond-to-everything-with-finger-guns-thats-21764955.png

I dont think bears have thumbs. Which now that I think about it, I don't get why those are necessary for finger guns.

Move. Character moves eastwest one tile to Forest. Mech on mountain brings Oil plus Worker south one tile to lake, then northwest one tile to Oil Field. One of the Workers on the Field moves southeast west to Mine w/ Forest Tile.

Claim Shore up the Shore.

@discrider

discrider on
    Yeah... Directions are hard.

Ah, alright. I'm going by directions if you're looking at the board with the power track on the bottom right and star conditions on the top left.

Going to head for half a day at PAX soon. Won't be able to update until tonight.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Have fun!

MrBody wrote: »
    Ah, alright. I'm going by directions if you're looking at the board with the power track on the bottom right and star conditions on the top left.

Going to head for half a day at PAX soon. Won't be able to update until tonight.

Right and that's the way I intended to be looking/calling moves, I'm just really bad at directions. I blame being left handed.

I always remember it was "left" sort of kind of rhyming with "west".

edited April 2018
    Crap, sorry.
    Trade action. Pay 1 gold, receive 2 Wood. Pay 2 metal and 1 combat card to deploy Speed Mech to Southernmost Village.

@Preda

Where do you want the wood? @mindflare77

I put it in the village for now so I can update. Let me know if you want it somewhere else.

MrBody on

+$1 for Preda's Deploy Action

Factory Card:
    Pay 1 Power, Gain $3

Move Char+Bear - NE, E to land on Village

@Brody for turn
    @MrBody for encounter card

wx9H1pN.jpg
    @AustinP0027

My bear obviously dominates the arm wrestling. But then I calm the crowds by paying for drinks.

Gain 2 Power and 4 popularity. Pay $2

edited April 2018
    Board
    bD2Ozn8l.png
    full size

Mats
    jNSEuCc.png
    RnyiAWx.png
    J7WoAQY.png
    b3nUNoS.png
    hYNAg99.png

Discrider- Rusviet Union
    mindflare77- Crimea Khanate
    Preda- Saxon Empire
    AustinP0027- Republic of Polania
    Brody- Nordic Kingdoms

MrBody on
    Been a while since last update, check to see if everything checks out.

@Brody

My popularity should be 8, otherwise looks good.

Looks correct to me, assuming the building counts for shore up the shore.

Move, bringing the forest and two village workers to the field with two oil.

Move Mech and three workers SW onto village tunnel.
    Tiger lady and the wood stay behind.
    We Deploy the Speed Mech on top of that Mech and workers, utilising the recovered tech.
    Gain $4. $9 -> 13.
    @mindflare77

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Pay 1 Power to Produce on Forest, Oil, and Mountain (2->1). Then, spend 3 Wood and 1 Combat Card to Build Armory on the Tunnel space. Gain 2 coins (5->7). Gain 1 Popularity (7-8).

@Preda

Also, I'm unsure of how I got the 3 Food? I mean, if I missed it somewhere, I'll gladly take it... But I don't think I should have it.

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    edited April 2018
    Gain 1 Popularity for Austin's Build action (7->8). Pay 1 Power to Produce on Forest, Oil, and Mountain (2->1). Then, spend 3 Wood and 1 Combat Card to Build Armory on the Tunnel space. Gain 2 coins (5->7). Gain 1 Popularity ( 7->8).

@Preda

Also, I'm unsure of how I got the 3 Food? I mean, if I missed it somewhere, I'll gladly take it... But I don't think I should have it.

(You only get enlist bonuses from your own actions and those of people sitting next to you, so Preda and I)

discrider on
    Gain 1 Popularity for Austin's Build action (7->8). Pay 1 Power to Produce on Forest, Oil, and Mountain (2->1). Then, spend 3 Wood and 1 Combat Card to Build Armory on the Tunnel space. Gain 2 coins (5->7). Gain 1 Popularity ( 7->8).

@Preda

(You only get enlist bonuses from your own actions and those of people sitting next to you, so Preda and I)

[Expletives deleted] I am bad at this, all. My apologies. =(

8BFpSWC.png

edited April 2018

@Preda

I don't know if that changes your previous Enlist at all.
    In any case
    I gain one Pop from your build

discrider on

@Preda

I don't know if that changes your previous Enlist at all.

It probably would have, but I'm far from winning and changing that would be changing things with future knowledge and unfair. So I'll roll with it and learn from it.

8BFpSWC.png

Yeah, too many Enlist triggers have passed.
    I thought it was only a turn or two back <~<

edited April 2018
    I feel bad now; I thought it was an odd play because Preda and I both don't really want to build stuff.
    I should have said something earlier.
    Sorry.

discrider on
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Move action. Gunter moves twice west and get encounter. than, spend 2 oil to upgrade trade and build action and gain 1 gold. me, Austin and mindflare, all take one power for the enlisted action.

@MrBody for encounter, @AustinP0027 next

I feel bad now; I thought it was an odd play because Preda and I both don't really want to build stuff.
    I should have said something earlier.
    Sorry.

Nah, that's my fault. I should have been more familiar with the rules.

8BFpSWC.png

+1 Power for Preda’s upgrade
    Trade: Pay $1 for 2 oil
    Upgrade: Pay 3 Oil to move tech cube from Produce third hex spot to Enlist’s cost reduction.
    Gain $3, and 2 Power (1 from enlist, 1 from Armory)

@Brody

+1 power for Austin's Upgrade

Preda wrote: »
    Move action. Gunter moves twice west and get encounter. than, spend 2 oil to upgrade trade and build action and gain 1 gold. me, Austin and mindflare, all take one power for the enlisted action.

@MrBody for encounter, @AustinP0027 next

4gLUDCb.jpg
    @preda

Gain 2$ and 1 popularity.

These encounters are very Bioware.

edited April 2018
    Produce on the Field with 4 Workers, and the Oil tile with 1 Worker.

Enlist the Upgrade Action, gain $2. Grab the +2 Popularity Bonus.

Brody on

edited April 2018
    Gain a combat card from Brody's Enlist.
    Produce on Mountain and Village. Pay 1Power, and Gain 2 Metal and 3 Villagers.
    Arrange village Villagers into a meeple pyramid and get a star.

Then Spend three wood to build an Armoury on the tunnel village, because I don't think we're filling in a sheet that has 'Build no structures' as a category.
    Gain $1 and 1 Popularity.

@mindflare77

discrider on
    Gain 1 Power from Preda's upgrade (1->2). Gain 1 popularity from discrider's build (8->9). Trade action. Pay 1 coin (7->6). Gain 1 metal and 1 wood, on the mountain. Gain 1 power (2->3). Deploy Scout Mech on the Oil field.

@Preda

8BFpSWC.png

Produce. Spend 1 power to gain 1 metal, 2 oil and 2 food. Than spend the 2 food just produced to Enlist the deploy action, gaining 2 gold. Also gain the 2 gold opg bonus.
    I should have 7 power, 18 gold, 2 oil on the oilfield, 2 metal on the mountain and other 2 metal on the farm, with popularity 8.
    @AustinP0027 next.

Produce: Spend 1 Power, gain 1 worker, 1 metal, 1 oil, 2 lumber (3 territories plus mill)
    Build: Spend 2 metal build Riverwalk Mech on Forest
    Gain $2 (1 from mech build, 1 from enlist on deploy)
    Place Star for building all 4 mechs

Whoops, @Brody for turn

Gain 1 gold for Austin Deploy action.