As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM into 2018!

19495969798100»

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I've been playing some Warframe recently and I'm having a good time.

I like that Lotus, the cyber lady who gives you missions and such, has an Ontarian accent.

The future is wild.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Digital Extreme's HQ is in London, Ontario. I believe the computer voice is also the community manager of the game, so I guess the local accent is shining through.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    does the computer end every sentence with "...right?"

• Options
    Also being raised in Ontario, I can't actually tell what an Ontario accent sounds like.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Digital Extreme's HQ is in London, Ontario. I believe the computer voice is also the community manager of the game, so I guess the local accent is shining through.

Yup, that's Rebecca Ford. She's also the host of DE's weekly livestreams as well. She's pretty rad.

• Options
    Hey, remember Lawbreakers? Boss Key announced they were done with the game last week, and today they announced their new project, coming out tomorrow on Early Access for free:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMJF6TXGVEk

It's a BR-style game set in a game show, nothing super neat there. One kinda interesting thing is that the cash/prizes you earn in a match carry over as a progression system, you can use it to buy cosmetic items for your characters or put it in the bank to use it in later matches at vending machines to buy weapons and items.
    It doesn't look as interesting or ambitious as Lawbreakers did, that's for sure.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Also being raised in Ontario, I can't actually tell what an Ontario accent sounds like.

I mostly notice it when someone says out or about.

It's not quite an oat or aboat, and it's different from the Canadian as all fuck sounding old Albertan fellas in my neighbourhood who sometimes like to congregate in the alley and shout about their pensions.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hey, remember Lawbreakers? Boss Key announced they were done with the game last week, and today they announced their new project, coming out tomorrow on Early Access for free:

It's a BR-style game set in a game show, nothing super neat there. One kinda interesting thing is that the cash/prizes you earn in a match carry over as a progression system, you can use it to buy cosmetic items for your characters or put it in the bank to use it in later matches at vending machines to buy weapons and items.
    It doesn't look as interesting or ambitious as Lawbreakers did, that's for sure.

That looks dumb in a way I could get into.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Speaking of Lawbreakers, I wonder what this year's huge FPS muliplayer flop will be, following in the fine tradition of Evolve (2015), Battleborn (2016) and Lawbreakers (2017)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Speaking of Lawbreakers, I wonder what this year huge FPS muliplayer flop will be, following in the fine tradition of Evolve (2015), Battleborn (2016) and Lawbreakers (2017)

who says BossKey can't go 2 for 2

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I hate to encourage lazy game development but I would play the shit out of FC5 if they added in a battle royal mode. That engine, provided it could actually run 100 players, would be killer.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Speaking of Lawbreakers, I wonder what this year huge FPS muliplayer flop will be, following in the fine tradition of Evolve (2015), Battleborn (2016) and Lawbreakers (2017)

who says BossKey can't go 2 for 2

It has to be hyped up to be a huge flop. I don't think people are going to get too excited for the second BossKey project, especially when it turns out to be an early access Battle Royale game.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I hate to encourage lazy game development but I would play the shit out of FC5 if they added in a battle royal mode. That engine, provided it could actually run 100 players, would be killer.

I'd be totally into the hypothetical Hitman Battle Royale Giantbomb came up with. Just 100 Agent 47s trying to bean each other with cans of pasta from a hundred yards away.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

I'd be totally into the hypothetical Hitman Battle Royale Giantbomb came up with. Just 100 Agent 47s trying to bean each other with cans of pasta from a hundred yards away.

Plus NPC security, and an encircling police dragnet of some sorts, civilians you aren't allowed to hurt... That could be interesting. Probably have to be smaller than 100.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Really I just want AC multiplayer to come back, is what I want at the end of the day.

That was always really fun to just shank a friend and taunt them over voice chat.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I want the Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow multi back

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    steel judoka sucks ass

Steel Judoka was the first squad I finished the game with.

Now, ice squad...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    steel judoka sucks ass

Now, ice squad...

With shield girl in the ranged mech, ice squad is unstoppable.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Abe turns the Hazardous Mechs into a bug squishing nightmare

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I hate how bad I am at Into the Breach. I've beaten FTL a bunch of times, on hard, gotten most of the achievements. I've still only unlocked the smoke mechs. I've never had a successful run. I've gotten a few perfect islands that turn into a death spiral by like the 2nd battle of the next island.

Are you playing on normal?

I would really encourage anyone having a hard time to play on easy to get the basics covered. I was not good at into the breach and then I switched to easy mode, got most of the squads unlocked, found a groove with the fire mechs, and now I am crushing the normal mode. I love that game.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Started playing Blades of the Shogun after getting it from Prime last month, it's very good but my god, the initial loads are so bad. Like, the message on the screen says "don't worry it's not crashed" but they are long enough that I've had second thoughts each time

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Shorty wrote: »
    I want the Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow multi back

I've tried to get groups together to go back and play spies and mercs before but the learning curve is so high that it's basically impossible to get people. Also the pc versions have incompatibility jank with modern PCs that can be a pain to get around

So instead Spies Vs Mercs just lives in my memory as The Best

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TibSpdbVE&feature=youtu.be

Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting a Splinter Cell mission, and Michael Ironside is back as Fisher. There's been rumors of a new SC game for a year or two now, I'm betting that this will be a reveal or teaser for it.

More info on this today, it's one mission where you cover Sam as he does his sneaky spy thing. There's a free trial going on this weekend (12th-15th) on Uplay and Steam if you want to play it for yourself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRmQhlVQpLI

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    steel judoka sucks ass

Now, ice squad...

Ice Squad turns ITB into even more of a puzzle game than it normally is, so I loved them

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I think I would be better at ITB if I stopped giving myself bad deployment position.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I feel like the ironic 80s aesthetic/humor thing petered out 6-7 years ago, and devs just keep going back to the well on it for some reason. It almost always comes off as totally disingenuous and trying too hard, imo

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    I think I would be better at ITB if I stopped giving myself bad deployment position.

I fuck up my deployment positions against the four-way-web boss 100% of the time

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I've been playing some Warframe recently and I'm having a good time.

I like that Lotus, the cyber lady who gives you missions and such, has an Ontarian accent.

The future is wild.

space mom is good

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Tropico 5 Complete collection ( All DLC) is $7.86 at Humble store atm

Tropico 5 is really good. I just played through it the other week and it seems like it has a lot more going on that the last few versions did.
    Here's from when I was trying to hold off a fake invasion from a friendly Teddy Roosevelt and a real invasion the secret Illuminati trying to destroy the world, keep a volcano from burning down my island, organize and dominate the Olympics, and achieve world peace.

FDA50100DB24BAC5AB209DAF84A99E720169723E

It also has a surprisingly engaging storyline for the main campaign.

Real Spoilers!
    I was not expecting this to be a game in which I would need to befriend Einstein so we could build a time machine, in order to go back in time and stop myself from being manipulated into destroying the world. Late in the game it has you realize that the enemy trying to sabotage you in earlier levels was you from the future!

Ya I love how insane the campaigns get in 5.

You tried out the co-op/vs mode ? I am dying to try that

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Hollow Knight - 98% completion.
    Missing:
    - one monster (147/148)
    - four charms (row 2, #1,2, and 3; row 4, #6)
    - four mask fragments (I assume; the achievement didn't trigger)
    - two vessel fragments (I can buy a third)

I felt like some of the dialogue suggested at least two endings, but
    I didn't see a place to make a choice. I ended up with "sealed siblings" if that means anything.

I'm a little irritated because I've clearly done an above-average job exploring, but I can't think of anywhere those last things might be.

at any rate, I'm overall very pleased with the game and can heartily recommend it.

Tamin on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Hollow Knight - 98% completion.
    Missing:
    - one monster (147/148)
    - four charms (row 2, #1,2, and 3; row 4, #6)
    - four mask fragments (I assume; the achievement didn't trigger)
    - two vessel fragments (I can buy a third)

I felt like some of the dialogue suggested at least two endings, but
    I didn't see a place to make a choice. I ended up with "sealed siblings" if that means anything.

I'm a little irritated because I've clearly done an above-average job exploring, but I can't think of anywhere those last things might be.

at any rate, I'm overall very pleased with the game and can heartily recommend it.
    I can't speak for the collectibles, but when Hornet comes in and incapacitates the vessel, use the Dream Nail.

Then strap in.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    yeah, I figured I had to do that somewhere. Thanks!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Rockstar is going to patch some songs out of GTAIV due to licenses.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/04/09/some-of-gta-ivs-music-licenses-expire-later-this-month-and-songs-will-be-removed
    Some of GTA IV's Music Licenses Expire Later This Month, and Songs Will Be Removed
    There's also something interesting happening beforehand. GTAIV owners on PlayStation 3 will, at some point before 26th April, receive system messages prompting them to download digital versions of the songs. I'm not entirely sure what kind of rights management juggling is going on here, but this will apparently let players keep the tunes in their PS3 copy of the game. It is unclear whether Xbox and PC players will have the same option, and if it will disappear on or after 26 April 2018 (as seems likely). I've put this question to Rockstar.
    I love digital distribution allowing for removal of features from a game.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Tropico 5 was a decent game that was seriously inhibited by their content model

too many things that were just a part of previous tropico games packaged as DLC

getting real sick of it, tbh

it's this but way worse with the Sims, and I really like the Sims! but fuck spending extra money on shit I've already seen/done in previous installments

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Rust Buckets are very powerful, but not overpowered

They can shut down enemies and prevent a lot of damage, but they have difficulty dealing burst damage, and that can bite you in the ass with a lot of bonus objectives

Also they can get overwhelmed if they're not careful because they're preventing enemies from attacking rather than wiping everything out each turn

Personally my pick for the low key best team is Hazardous Mechs, being able to deal 4-8 damage easily allows you to really trivialize some tougher enemies and clean the board quickly to keep things under control

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Tropico 5 was a decent game that was seriously inhibited by their content model

too many things that were just a part of previous tropico games packaged as DLC

getting real sick of it, tbh

it's this but way worse with the Sims, and I really like the Sims! but fuck spending extra money on shit I've already seen/done in previous installments

Ya I can only ever recommend tropico 5 when it's the complete collection and on sale

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Fun fact: rockets aren't buildings, especially where the Lightning Mech is concerned.

Fun, fun fact.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    New thread time!

This discussion has been closed.