As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[2018 East Challenge Coin] Coins are arriving in your mailboxes!

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    NICE .. they look AWESOME ... so ahhh where you get that picture @SutibunRi ?

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    jodocowjodocow Registered User new member
    Are there still color coins available?

• Options
  • Options
    Dolphins397Dolphins397 Registered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »

A HUNDRED BUCKS?!! Are people really that desperate and ridiculous?

Winning wife of the year this year for surprising my husband with PAX tickets for the first time ever!
  • Options
    drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »

THEYRE SO PRETTYYYYYY

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular

Fucking seriously?
    There are 6 people with coins.
    I was able to narrow down the identity quickly based on the eBay sellers State.
    I rushed the coins to people because the claim was they needed to distribute them, not sell them.

• Options
    Sux people are like that.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

Fucking seriously?
    I rushed the coins to people because the claim was they needed to distribute them, not sell them.

that sucks. any way you can kill the sale? or maybe blacklist them? Completely not right :/

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    As one of the six with coins this is pretty bs that one of us did this. Mine are 100% for handing out as gifts and never for making a profit.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Holy shit... It's bad enough that the scalpers worked their way into PAX tickets, but now this? I truly hope that sale never goes through.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Price came down to $50, I guess no one is bidding

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I had mine delivered to my folks place just in case, but they have had issues lately with their mail disappearing.

Those better not be mine....

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Just seeing this. It is completely ridiculous. Why twist something that is supposed to be fun in to just looking to make a profit. This is just another sad step in the commercialization of all things PAX.

• Options
    Dolphins397Dolphins397 Registered User regular
    Speaking of people buying and reselli g for profit, standing outside BCEC for 30 or 40 min this morning and watched 2 guys buy and resell passes multiple times -_-

Winning wife of the year this year for surprising my husband with PAX tickets for the first time ever!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I have no issue really with people reselling.. if someone is willing to pay extra more power to them.

My issue now is reselling something before everyone else get theirs after you got specaial treatment over others to get them early..

Thankfully they are not selling... and they are now like $40.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Have the coins been sent out yet? I haven't got mine yet.

• Options
    I think the first batch should have shipped. Unfortunately a couple people in that batch got moved to the 2nd to get coins to folk who needed their coins to distribute at PAX. (Sorry guys)
    Eta on batch 2 is about a month.

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

Ugh f that. What a dick move.
    My group loved the coins! The T-Rex especially was a big hit!

• Options
    ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular

Fucking seriously?

That's kinda sleazy, in my personal opinion. @SutibunRi went above and beyond to get the coins to me, and others on this forum, on Thursday so that I could distribute them. I ordered 4 for my group and 3 extras to give out to random PAX-goers. Then, I ran into him Saturday night, and he told me about the Ebay situation. The word "profit" isn't a dirty word, but to have someone rush them to you under false pretenses is pretty lame, and it also discourages a stand up guy, who went the extra mile and kept his word that he would get them to us from doing it in the future, should there be a problem with the printing of the coins again.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    @SutibunRi absolutely went above and beyond on this one for us. I am extremely grateful for what he did as it allowed me to express my gratitude in a more meaningful way to the people who helped make this year's show extra awesome for the girlfriend and me.

• Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Um, so I just realized I didn't buy coins. Any available or way to get? Besides the ebay that i won't do lol.

• Options
    Coins are on Sale for another 13 days.

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    The coins are beautiful, and I'm excited to get mine! I hope the person who asked for rush shipping and resold is feeling the shame in this thread and knows they're on watch. That is Not Okay to ask for a favor and use it for profit. >:(

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    I'd reached out to the people with larger orders after some comments in the thread about distributing at East.
    Looking back at the thread and those conversations in PMs, the person in question never actually said they were ordering a large quantity to distribute, I assumed that fact based on every other person with an order of that size, and the tone of all others with similar orders.

So I guess it was my own fault for not noticing.

Oh well.

• Options
    I'll be checking the order form to see who was bumped out of batch 1 due to the pax delivery, and next year those people will find an extra coin in their order.

Because even though I made some peoples days, I feel like a garbage person made of garbage for making other people wait an extra month for coins.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I'll be checking the order form to see who was bumped out of batch 1 due to the pax delivery, and next year those people will find an extra coin in their order.

Because even though I made some peoples days, I feel like a garbage person made of garbage for making other people wait an extra month for coins.
    I don't think anyone holds you responsible; I know I don't. You go above and beyond each year with this, including purchasing extra coins so others can get their orders. I don't care which wave I'm in. You cannot be held accountable for someone else being a douchebag.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Not just the seller got bumped up in line, I was gonna do this before the eBay thing even happened. It just makes it more important, to me, to do somerhing for the bumpees.

• Options
    nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    Is there any way to tell if you were bumped? I'd like to have an idea of when to expect mine.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • Options
    @nsane you're good. Should get them soon.

• Options
    nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    OK, thanks for the heads up, I just didn't want to be waiting on them if they weren't going to be in for another month or so.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Um, same with me. Will I get mine a little later as well? (I don't like saying bumped, hehe). As with nsane, I just don't want to be looking for them if they're going to be a little late.

• Options
    Anyone who only ordered regular coins before the 27th will get their orders soon.
    Anyone who ordered any color coins after the 14th is absolutely in batch 2 or 3.

I sent a PM to everyone who should have been in the 1st batch that I think will end up in the 2nd instead.

• Options
    LuckyMarleneLuckyMarlene CaliforniaRegistered User new member
    I'm confused, I ordered regular and colored coins before the 27th. Does that mean that mine won't be sent soon? or that they will?

Hoping it's soon because I'll have to mail mine to friends. I'm glad I decided against telling them about the coins so they weren't expecting them during pax.

zv5hcyx6xjc3.png

• Options
    @LuckyMarlene All signs point to your coins being in the first batch which should be arriving to you soon.

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I guess the follow up question would be if we receive an email when they ship or if they just ship.

As I noted before, not a rush on you because you have been the epitome of awesomeness with all of this. Merely curious so you're not consistently checking your orders to see who is getting theirs when. :)

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    I guess the follow up question would be if we receive an email when they ship or if they just ship.

I have seen both scenarios play out.

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I'm in no rush either, and definitely don't hold you at all accountable for any bumps or waits! You told us from the get-go that the coins wouldn't be in time for PAX, and you do an awesome job of bringing us beautiful coins every year. :)

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    stitchingdragonstitchingdragon MA, USARegistered User regular
    How do you order. I’ve been going to PAX for years and never heard about these. I love that it has the TREX from the science museum

-stitchingdragon
  • Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    How do you order. I’ve been going to PAX for years and never heard about these. I love that it has the TREX from the science museum

Order link is on the first post.