As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scythe PbF: (Post WWI Terra Mytica)

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Trade. Spend $1 for two Wood on the Oil Field with Mech/Worker. Upgrade Bolster Card, and Build actions. Gain 1 power from Enlisted Upgrade.

@discrider

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Gain $1 from mindflare's Deploy.
    Move.
    Move Mech and worker from Mountain NW and drop worker off, then move mech NE and land on Field.
    Move second Mech and 5 workers through the village to the Factory. Move 1 worker and Mech Northwest to the forest and attack @Brody 's lone charcacter.
    Move third Mech through village to Factory, picking up 2 workers and then moving SW to Oil field.

After combat, Deploy fourth mech on Factory, gain $4 ($14 -> $18) and a star.

discrider on
  • Options
    @MrBody for combat

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    (I'll wait for combat to resolve and maybe for an update before I take my turn. On a brighter note, I finally took a turn without messing up! #victory)

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm getting the sinking feeling that I'm playing for 3rd place here.

And I honestly have no freaking clue what do to about that.....

• Options
    edited April 2018

You could always try to bribe someone?
    No-ones tried to bribe anyone this game <~<

discrider on
  • Options

I am fully convinced that I am playing to see how close to second-to-last I can get from last place.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    My problem is that I don't have a grasp on what actual action needs to be taken to slow you and Preda down.

If I knew what could actually affect either of your progress, I would try to bribe, but as it stands, I'm not seeing any specific action to be taken that works.

• Options

I am fully convinced that I am playing to see how close to second-to-last I can get from last place.

I am not sure you're that behind.
    Or even necessarily in last now.
    But I've not calculated it, so...

• Options
    My problem is that I don't have a grasp on what actual action needs to be taken to slow you and Preda down.

If I knew what could actually affect either of your progress, I would try to bribe, but as it stands, I'm not seeing any specific action to be taken that works.

Well, you could try just giving me all your money?
    Might be worth a shot?
    :Nods sagely:

• Options
    In all honesty though, this game appears to be made early to mid-game, and there's not a lot people can do to each other early game.
    Perhaps if people moved out more aggressively mid then there'd be some counter-play available, but I just stuck to my island largely...

• Options
    Yeah, I’m moving along just fine, but then suddenly you’ve jumped ahead. I can’t even pinpoint when, honestly.

I’ve been pretty good with double moves to be efficient but in comparison it seems like your moves have pushed you further.

I’ll fully admit I don’t know the right strategy here, so it’s more hats off to you for going ahead. But you’re right, feels like it’s too late to do much about it.

• Options
    I think it's more I got my Factory card early.
    That fed into more Encounters (which are basically triple moves) and I only needed to Produce to Deploy. Trade feeds my Enlist, and the Deploy cash fed my factory Upgrades.
    So I've rarely had an action where I've not been able to take the lower action, whilst pushing those three stars.
    And buildings suck :P (cause my card hates them)

I'm not sure how other non-Township factions get out to the Factory that early, but it seems like that should be the idea if possible...
    But perhaps not.
    Perhaps the Polar bear is supposed to Encounter as much as possible (with a factory card's speed?), Preda is supposed to blitzkrieg, Crimea is supposed to build a card engine, and the Nord's supposed to just fill space with swimming meeple..

• Options
    I grabbed four encounters, so pretty hefty bonuses.

Wondering if player mats paired oddly. I don’t find my in-upgradeable upgrade action to be that great, since it has the highest payout but can’t do anything about that cost.

• Options
    Don't know.
    Perhaps Produce to +5 workers, pump out oil, use Pop from Trade/Upgrade to pay for Produce?

• Options
    Yeah, I’m missing something and I’m strongly believeing it’s that I’m just going the wrong way. There’s so much to track in this game across everyone, it probably is just getting more familiar so the first few turns aren’t looking at the rules as to what you’re allowed to do.

• Options
    I'm not really certain looking at other people helps that much until mid-game.
    Unless you're going to Enlist.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I grabbed four encounters, so pretty hefty bonuses.

Wondering if player mats paired oddly. I don’t find my in-upgradeable upgrade action to be that great, since it has the highest payout but can’t do anything about that cost.

Your upgrade action is on trade, actually making it cost only 1. I would have started by move-trading till you had 3 metal, built cross river mech (while producing extra workers), than would have moved a worker to the oilfield and started upgrading as soon as possible, while getting to 5 workers (1 for oil, 2 for metal, 2 for wood, later to become 1 wood 1 food).
    You actually had one of the slower starting combo of race-mat possible. I would have loved your mat with any nation that start with an oilfield.

• Options
    That actually makes a lot of sense. That's where I'm thinking that my failure point is, I didn't go after oil hard enough.

Ah well, I can still try to grab some stars here. May not catch the leader, but I should be in a position to push hard for a solid third place.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    Produce. Spend 1 power to gain 1 metal, 2 oil and 2 food. Than spend the 2 food just produced to Enlist the deploy action, gaining 2 gold. Also gain the 2 gold opg bonus.
    I should have 7 power, 18 gold, 2 oil on the oilfield, 2 metal on the mountain and other 2 metal on the farm, with popularity 8.
    @AustinP0027 next.

I count 20 gold. 13 + 1 upgrade + 2 encounter + 2 enlist + 2 one time enlist bonus.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Nope, 19. I got the deploy recruit after mindflare deployed his mech, (and Austin enlisted deploy happened after my post).

Preda on
  • Options
    Brody vs Discrider
    1 power vs 3 power + 4 card

Rusviets win. Nordic hero retreats to home territory. Rusviets gain star. Nordic gains a card.

• Options
    Nordic Hero retreats to Lake.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Board
    Dy6ZJK7l.png
    full size

Mats
    AlrlZIJ.png
    sLBOJU5.png
    L9SVWa0.png
    yldVyup.png
    ZNFFIX2.png

Discrider- Rusviet Union
    mindflare77- Crimea Khanate
    Preda- Saxon Empire
    AustinP0027- Republic of Polania
    Brody- Nordic Kingdoms

@mindflare77

MrBody on
  • Options
    Are there any encounters left on the board?

• Options
    edited April 2018
    @MrBody I spent all the Food on the tile with 4 Workers, which I realize now I did not describe well in the action where it was spent.

Brody on

• Options
    Bolster action. Pay 1 coin, draw a card. Then pay 2 food and Enlist the Enlist action for 2 more coins.

@Preda

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Bolster action. Pay 1 gold and gain 3 power and 1 popularity. Than spend 1 metal and deploy rivercrossing mech on tunnel farm, gaining 3 gold+1 for enlisted action and the mech star. Austin got a gold for that too.

@AustinP0027

Preda on
  • Options

Gain 1 power from Brody’s upgrade.
    Gain $1 from Preda's deploy.
    Factory card: Spend 1 power, gain $3
    Move Mech from Forest (along with two workers) to Tundra (drop off 2 workers)

@Brody

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Move 1 Worker from Field to Mountain with Monument, 2 Workers from Field to Oil.

Spend 2 Wood to build the Mill on the Oil field with the Wood on it. Gain $2

@discrider

Brody on

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Brody vs Discrider
    1 power vs 3 5 power + 4 card

Rusviets win. Nordic hero retreats to home territory. Rusviets gain star. Nordic gains a card.
    MrBody wrote: »
    Board
    0Hw9idDl.png
    full size

Mats
    AlrlZIJ.png
    sLBOJU5.png
    L9SVWa0.png
    yldVyup.png
    ZNFFIX2.png

Discrider- Rusviet Union
    mindflare77- Crimea Khanate
    Preda- Saxon Empire
    AustinP0027- Republic of Polania
    Brody- Nordic Kingdoms

@mindflare77 @preda @Brody @AustinP0027
    Corrected my power expenditure, and the mat doesn't appear correct either.
    Please reconfirm your previous turns.

• Options
    I should also be down one power.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I should also be down one power.

Are you okay with your prior order, as long as no-one else before you revises their own?

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Are there any encounters left on the board?

Nope

• Options
    Yeah, I had already mentally subtracted it, so I just didn't notice he still had me up one.

• Options
    @mindflare77 : Awaiting move reconfirmation
    @Preda : Awaiting move reconfirmation
    @AustinP0027 : Awaiting move reconfirmation
    Brody : Reconfirmed

• Options
    Reconfirmed.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    My power should be 8, not 10 based on having 6 the last time the board was posted.

My move is still the same.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    mindflare77 : Reconfirmed
    @Preda : Awaiting move reconfirmation
    AustinP0027 : Reconfirmed
    Brody : Reconfirmed

discrider on
  • Options
    It is very likely that Preda is asleep.