As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hollow Knight] Sequel: Now has a store page; still no release date

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I'm honestly going to have to do another playthrough after Gods & Glory comes out. I wonder if I should wait for Hornet to come out first :thinking:...

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Team Cherry has put a new update on Steam Public Beta - The Lifeblood Update!

Some of these changes and updates were made to be included for the upcoming Switch release, so we know that's steadily getting closer!

http://teamcherry.com.au/lifeblood-update/

If the reason they're still working is because they want it to run at 60 fps and be as bug-free as possible (as they say), I'm totally fine with the amount of time the port is taking. I mean, I'm not thrilled about waiting and waiting, but... as the devs say in that blog post, there's other stuff to play. Take your time with the port and make it as perfect as possible.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOt-CLCuJUY

Multiplayer, whaaaaaat

New game+

Some kind of cheat mode? (Giant head, invulnerability?)

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Jesus, give this to me now on Switch. I keep wanting to buy a new indie like Gungeon or Flinthook, but they're really just placeholders for me wanting to get my hands on this.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Multiplayer is going to be very silly if you have collision with the other players, oh my gosh.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm so invested in this universe, that like Dark Souls, its going to be hard to see Team Cherry leave it for something else some day.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOt-CLCuJUY

Multiplayer, whaaaaaat

New game+

Some kind of cheat mode? (Giant head, invulnerability?)

April Foools!!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    OH GODDAMN IT, yeah, Australia is way ahead and weird on the upload times on YouTube.

• Options
    motherfucker

• Options
    motherfucker
    You posted it so technically it is your fault we're all heartbroken @Delzhand
    <3

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Aww, I was down for danmaku in Hollow Knight.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    What a roller coaster of updates...

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hollow Knight's Lifeblood update is now live, for real!
    banner-2.jpg

A bunch of new stuff is now available in-game.

http://teamcherry.com.au/hollow-knight-lifeblood-has-launched/

A brand new boss with a new music track by Chris Larkin!
    One boss has been seriously upgraded. A true challenge awaits!
    Custom Map Markers are here! Cartographers rejoice!
    Extras added to the Extras menu!
    Numerous game balances and tweaks.
    Now playable in Japanese.
    Various bug fixes.
    Additional sound effects and voices.
    Optimisations and performance enhancements.

Hollow Knight: Lifeblood represents many months of under-the-hood improvements, and we’re far from over! Free Content Pack 3: Gods & Glory is coming together as we speak, and is shaping up to be the largest pack yet! Lots more still to come!

Last I read this update was something they wanted to finish so they could include it with the Switch release, which would be coming out before Gods & Glory! So there's two big moments for Hollow Knight that'll be coming pretty soon-ish!

One of the cool 'extras' is a set of different title screens based on various themes from the game, including the DLC packs and Steelsoul Mode. Or you can set things back to classic. Neat!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I think Lifeblood is basically the switch release. They did a lot of work to get it on the Switch and wanted everyone to benefit from it hence Lifeblood.

• Options
    There seems to have been an update recently that added 2 new menu styles to the Extras menu. In addition to Class, Hidden Dreams, Grimm Troupe, and Lifeblood you can now select Infected and Void.

• Options
    Anyone have info on what those "numerous game balances and tweaks" were?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    When is this actually coming to Switch?

• Options
    Available on the Nintendo eshop now for $15:
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hollow-knight-switch

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    When is this actually coming to Switch?

To-daaaaay!

Yow!

http://teamcherry.com.au/hollow-knight-launches-on-nintendo-switch-today/
    What’s in Hollow Knight for Switch?

*The entire, enormous base game, running at 60 fps, with all its secrets, enemies and enormous bosses.
    *All the currently released Content Packs, built in, at launch. That’s Hidden Dreams, The Grimm Troupe and Lifeblood, with all their bosses, upgrades and additions!
    *Shortly after launch Switch players (Along with all other Hollow Knight owners), will receive Hollow Knight’s final Content Pack Gods & Glory for Free! This is our biggest pack yet, with all new challenges, quests and a new unlockable mode.

Yoowwwww!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Hooray! All that time waiting finally pays off.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    There is a trailer for the Switch release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk98MeQWUTw&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=71

The video includes some tantalizing new snippets of Gods and Glory content too!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    No physical release though?

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yeeeeah, fuck you you gross side-hopping vomit-spewing scythe-swinging maw-bastard! I bet you thought after you killed me the first ten times that I was gonna give up and come back later with some kind of double jump or dodge or weapon upgrade or literally any combat advantage whatsoever, didn't you? Well I didn't! I didn't and now you're dead as shit!

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    The Hollow Knight devs had a segment on Nintendo's E3 show to talk about the Switch release and show off some of the content from the upcoming Gods and Glory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lLs9JJw3-s&amp;feature=youtu.be

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Tempting! (But holding out for physical) This looks like my jam.

• Options
    I can't tell if it's just because the controller is different and thus my muscle memory is off, or if they actually made moving and attacking more fluid. Didn't attacking while on the ground have a few frames where you stopped moving forward? Could you always just run and swing your nail without stopping?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I can't tell if it's just because the controller is different and thus my muscle memory is off, or if they actually made moving and attacking more fluid. Didn't attacking while on the ground have a few frames where you stopped moving forward? Could you always just run and swing your nail without stopping?

There's a charm you can equip that removes the slight pause that is there by default when you swing your nail. Without it you need to compensate for the slight backwards movement it causes.

At least that's how it was when I just replayed it. Maybe they did change things for the switch version.

Aistan on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

There's a charm you can equip that removes the slight pause that is there by default when you swing your nail. Without it you need to compensate for the slight backwards movement it causes.

At least that's how it was when I just replayed it. Maybe they did change things for the switch version.

The knockback is when you hit something, and yeah there's a charm that makes it not happen. Nothing ever stopped you from running with sharp things.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I have been eagerly awaiting the switch release of this game and can't wait until i can get to the store to grab a eshop card tomorrow.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I remember getting lost in this came. I don't remember what I was doing

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Some advice for idiots like me.

You can press the Dpad in the direction you need to go and down at the same time to perform downward attacks so you don't end up like me desperately bouncing in place above spikes for a solid 2 minutes

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    This is on Switch and about half the price I was expecting. Awesome!

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Still waiting for Gods and Glory, and then definitely double dipping me thinks.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Hmmm....I've been thinking about it and yup

fuck everything about the Royal Waterways

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I bought this on my Switch last night and laid down to wait for it to download and install. And then I fell asleep.

Guess tonight will be Hollow Knight night.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Bought this game on a whim because I had some switch gold to bring down the price to about 12 euro. This game is worth full retail price. I'm loving it, and the pick up and play mechanic the switch provides is ideal.

What a great game that keeps on giving content.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I recently replayed this last week or so. It's still amazing.

I wonder why it is that I can spend a bunch of time on stuff like the White Palace's Path of Pain and enjoy all of it, but a hard boss that I keep dying on frustrates the hell out of me (Grey Prince, Grimm). I'd love a metroidvania that had no bosses at all, just platforming and exploration.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    I recently replayed this last week or so. It's still amazing.

I wonder why it is that I can spend a bunch of time on stuff like the White Palace's Path of Pain and enjoy all of it, but a hard boss that I keep dying on frustrates the hell out of me (Grey Prince, Grimm). I'd love a metroidvania that had no bosses at all, just platforming and exploration.

Check out The Swapper. That game doesn't even give you a weapon.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Maybe a spoilery question, but does the store in town ever stock more things to buy? I've finished the first area's boss and bought everything that was in stock so far before venturing into the next area.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Maybe a spoilery question, but does the store in town ever stock more things to buy? I've finished the first area's boss and bought everything that was in stock so far before venturing into the next area.
    There are actually shops all over the maps, not just in the main town. And there will be other shops in the main town as well. I think the answer is also yes to your question if you are talking about the map shop. She'll have a couple more things for sale when you discover a few more things to track.