As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX East] 2018

124»

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hey, on the off chance y'all run into either of these two people, I would be hella thrilled to get a code for their game (Its a baseball sim):

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    By far the best thing I saw from the show so far was Strong Bad (both bros) demoing their board game.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    @DrZiplock ‘s game looks fucking awesome.

where is this, I wanna stop by and see

Booth 15110

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Apparently Jason Mewes (of Jay and Silent Bob) was at Lucky Strike tonight, isn't that Jillian's?

Did y'all see Jay?

Yarp. It was at the Facebook party. He rolled his eyes at me after my second shot of Jameson

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Saw some dude puking into a trash barrel. That's a pax first.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I wasn't on YikYak this year so no idea how many anonymous calls for debauchery there were.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    There is a gentleman sitting in front of me on the train furiously looking up World of Warcraft lore, specifically worgens.

I'm wondering if that last meal did indeed do me in...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Saw some dude puking into a trash barrel. That's a pax first.

Ah, you've never been to PAX South, then?

Though, in fairness, that was technically not in a trash barrel either.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I think I got that experience in 2014 waiting to play the game grey goo (never got to due to booth malfunction). Got to watch some chick void like a pro in one of the trash cans on the expo floor. It was like a drive by vomiting, almost impressive in that almost no one but me noticed what we just watched.

Sleep on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I don't remember attending a PAX where someone didn't throw up.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I’ve been meaning to talk to you about your cologne..........

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    What colo-ooooohhhhhhhh. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    godmode wrote: »
    I’ve been meaning to talk to you about your cologne..........

I'm pretty sure that was just the scent of adventure

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Y’all this was so much fun.

@Lord Dave and @EclipsedPlanet it was so great to finally meet you in person. @A duck! @Didgeridoo @Naphtali @tynic @Bogey @bombardier @The Otaku Suppository and Tube (who I will not @ in fear for my life) it is always a pleasure to eat and drink and play games with all of you. You guys are the reason I can't stop going to these things.

I had such a great time, and I can't wait see you all next year. Which is probably around when I'll wake up from this food coma because holy SHIT did we eat "well" this weekend.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod

@Lord Dave and @EclipsedPlanet it was so great to finally meet you in person. @A duck! @Didgeridoo @Naphtali @tynic @Bogey @bombardier @The Otaku Suppository and Tube (who I will not @ in fear for my life) it is always a pleasure to eat and drink and play games with all of you. You guys are the reason I can't stop going to these things.

I had such a great time, and I can't wait see you all next year. Which is probably around when I'll wake up from this food coma because holy SHIT did we eat "well" this weekend.

@Tube

There you go.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2018
    bombardier wrote: »

@Lord Dave and @EclipsedPlanet it was so great to finally meet you in person. "A duck!" @Didgeridoo @Naphtali @tynic @Bogey @bombardier @The Otaku Suppository and Tube (who I will not @ in fear for my life) it is always a pleasure to eat and drink and play games with all of you. You guys are the reason I can't stop going to these things.

@Tube

There you go.

ALRIGHT EVERYBODY START QUOTING

A duck! on
    A duck! wrote: »
    bombardier wrote: »

Tube

There you go.

ALRIGHT EVERYBODY START QUOTING

am I doing it right

But seriously, Jeff beat me to the sappy post I was going to make so quoting it works well anyways. This might have been my most favorite PAX in recent years (and I will never live down forgetting @Lord Dave to his face so we may as well memorialize that, still sorry about that Dave. Maybe it was because I was a The Thing and/or a Werewolf). Looking forward to next year already, though I'm pretty sure at this point I'm going to skip the con on Saturday and do some external activities if it stays four days. I think I actually liked Thursday for the con? assuming it stays at low attendance levels (ha).

Naphtali was definitely a the thing.

Not me.

Naphtali was definitely a the thing.

Not me.

for now

Excuse me I have never been a the thing nor have I ever been terrible about hiding my the thingness.

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Sucks I wasn't able to meet up with anyone but I enjoyed my first time enforcing. You might have inadvertently met me if you went to Will Call in the morning.

The next plan is to try to make it to Prime.

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Did Bogey change his name like he was supposed to? This is important.

from the boston creme pie challenge you mean?

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

from the boston creme pie challenge you mean?

When we were at the Red Sox game, he declared that if Xander Bogaerts hit a grand slam, he'd change his name to Bogaerts and Xander smacked one over the Green Monster.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Wow, this is important. This must be done! @Bogey

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited April 2018
    Thank you all so much for such an amazing time at PAX East! As usual, it was super-fun times playing games, grabbing food, and going out for drinks with you. I agree we should plan an activity outside the convention on Sat. since it's so crowded. This year some of us went to a Red Sox game at Fenway, maybe next year we can do the Sam Adams Brewery Tour? Also, the only regret I have is we never did the Forumer Pic. If I'm back next year, I'll be sure to plan one well in advance.

It was really great seeing all of you in Boston, can't wait for next year! :o

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Yaaay Bogaerts

mkc.png